• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien Isolation Devs Reveal New Sci-Fi Heist Game, Hyenas

Robb

Gold Member
Looks pretty great but I’m a bit fatigued on all the multiplayer shooters. Would have preferred a new singleplayer game. Might give it a try if it happens to appear on GamePass though.

emivita

No Thank You GIF by Ghostbusters

Roberts

I'm old as fuck and zoomers could be my kids but I don't think it looks bad. Then again I am a sad loser who played Bleeding Edge for two weeks or so and enjoyed every minute of it.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
So there chasing the hero shooter trend... several years after everyone else is pretty much done with it.

The only thing they could have done to make it less intresting is announced it was battle royale, but God does it feel so generic at this point.

Last edited:

niilokin

reminds me of those 90s hyperactive toy ads and also the weird experimental super sweet /sour/ slimy/ radioactive/ psychedelic half candy half plastic contraptions that would color your tongue and or explode in your mouth and I got a bad case of projectile vomiting from those so no thanks

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Fucking hell. Talk about an encapsulation of everything that’s wrong with the video games industry, right here.

A developer goes from making a tight, story focused single player experience, that proved to be critically and commercially successful…

…to making yet another bullshit, ADHD, shooty bang bang game for morons.

Last edited:

Banned
Fucking hell. Talk about an encapsulation of everything that’s right with the video games industry, right here.

A developer goes from making a bland, story focused single player experience, that proved to be critically and commercially ssuccessful…

…to making yet another possibly fun, ADHD, shooty bang bang game for people who like gameplay.

Alien Isolation was a braindead game with a fake "always active" AI that in reality just randomly teleported around the map with sometimes unrealistic outcomes (the Alien could literally teleport behind you even tho you just saw it walk the other way)
and the only real gameplay elements besides the really simple stealthing were what can only be described as puzzles for preschoolers

DukeNukem00

Banned
Fucking hell. Talk about an encapsulation of everything that’s wrong with the video games industry, right here.

A developer goes from making a tight, story focused single player experience, that proved to be critically and commercially successful…

…to making yet another bullshit, ADHD, shooty bang bang game for morons.

I think you might have some wrong info. Alien Isolation is a 78 MC on xbox and 79 on playstation. It was 81 only on PC. And it was a commercial failure. The reason they are actively not doing a sequel is because it failed on all fronts. Why would a developer make a continuation for a game that failed in all areas ?

I think you might have some wrong info. Alien Isolation is a 78 MC on xbox and 79 on playstation. It was 81 only on PC. And it was a commercial failure. The reason they are actively not doing a sequel is because it failed on all fronts. Why would a developer make a continuation for a game that failed in all areas ?
It released a year after Aliens Colonial Marines. Thats what probably get it such low reviews.
I played AI this year and it holds up amazingly well.

Shmunter

This will be such a massive disaster, don't need to be Nostradamus to see it.

THey could do a low cost next gen rez and frame bump of AI for next gen and actually make money. This will close the studio.

I was hoping for a game more like Isolation myself, but got to give the team credit for trying something new and different in the FPS genre

Spaceman292

Banned
no, but I don't care much for games with really bland stealth mechanics and awful puzzles that are meant to break the monotony
Alien Isolation was a braindead game with a fake "always active" AI that in reality just randomly teleported around the map with sometimes unrealistic outcomes (the Alien could literally teleport behind you even tho you just saw it walk the other way)
and the only real gameplay elements besides the really simple stealthing were what can only be described as puzzles for preschoolers
Sounds like you guys have been watching the same influencers. Maybe you should actually play the game.

Alebrije

They fucked it , moving from space horror where are few competitors to a segment filled of options is a Bad idea.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Oh, well, this game looks fucking winning on the other hand. Game of the year right here 👍

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I don't think there will be another game like Alien Isolation for a loooong time. It's that good. It makes current horror games look like garbage. They don't have the same sense of dread and powerlessness you have in Isolation. As well as the 2 AI' systems working against you and how the Alien reacts to everything you do down to the noise you make, the sounds your character makes and even being programmed to hear your mic if you have one on. Really cool stuff.

The hopes of a Isolation 2 went down the drain once the mobile sequel Alien: Blackout came to fruition.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
This looks awful, I hate the art style and character models. Why this garbage instead of Alien Isolation 2?

VN1X

Banned
I have faith in Creative Assembly.

Gamers never know what they want anyway lol. One year it's "I hate muddy grey brown games" and the next they are all over it. As soon as the "enthusiast crowd" sees stylized characters or visuals these days they go "microtransactions durrr" because only games with stylized visuals sell skins apparently. Right.

Anywho I do wish they had shown some actual gameplay though. The screenshots here and there made it look like the business but I think a better announcement would have been to just show off gameplay of a bunch of testers who have already been playing it for a while, to showcase what it's actually like. I'm interested in the concept anyway but we'll have to wait a bit longer for further details...

I don't think there will be another game like Alien Isolation for a loooong time. It's that good. It makes current horror games look like garbage. They don't have the same sense of dread and powerlessness you have in Isolation. As well as the 2 AI' systems working against you and how the Alien reacts to everything you do down to the noise you make, the sounds your character makes and even being programmed to hear your mic if you have one on. Really cool stuff.

The hopes of a Isolation 2 went down the drain once the mobile sequel Alien: Blackout came to fruition.
Alien isolation really captured the spirit of the franchise. But how much does your average under 25 gamer care about said franchise?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Alien isolation really captured the spirit of the franchise. But how much does your average under 25 gamer care about said franchise?
They don't. It's why it won't happen. Most devs and the companies they work for are going to chase the money instead of their vision. That's just how it is.

Alien Isolation is just going to be that rare game that does what it does well that very few if any other games out there can provide as opposed to the plethora of Michael Bay horror games out there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom