• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien vs. Predator to be Cancelled....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevelyon

erm, uh... I mean, delayed.

Heh

"Your local theater probably already has posters and displays all over the place proclaiming the new Alien vs. Predator film and its release date of August 13th, which is just one week away. The crossover sci-fi flick might not be ready in time, however.

IESB.net claims that the film has run into serious trouble. While it's not unusual for a film to be tweaked right up until its release, the effects on AVP still require major work, and there's a chance they won't be done by the 13th. In fact, Fox has had to cancel the film's junket, which would have been held a week or two in advance. That delay alone is costing the movie valuable publicity and coverage by movie reviewers. The film's premiere, which was to be held at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood, has also reportedly been cancelled.

http://filmforce.ign.com/avp/articles/536/536671p1.html

OH NOS!

ManaByte

Gold Member
Fox is just trying to avoid bad reviews. The movie is rated. You cannot get a MPAA rating without having a final cut/print of the film.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
:D

I have thought for a long time that this movie would suck, but I would see it just to watch the carnage.

I just got the feeling that the writers made a BS story just to use the rights to both names

Willco

Hollywood Square
It's been officially rated PG-13 for awhile. The only people in denial are the same people who were like, "OMG THE ANAKIN PHOTOSHOP JOB ON RETURN OF THE JEDI IS FAKE DOWN WITH PHOTOSHOP!"

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
fucking awesome
Two great franchises tarnished by one shitty film!
well done to all!

This decade is fucking classless.

I was hoping the delay was to add Terminators and Robocop. What the heck, throw Godzilla in there too.....the cheesy American CGI one, yeah, that's the ticket.

avpve.jpg

Aliens vs Predator vs Kramer vs Kramer

where Kramer is Cosmo Kramer and his bizaro alter-ego 'Krugman... from across the hall'

now THATS a movie i would see.

FoneBone

ManaByte said:
Fox is just trying to avoid bad reviews. The movie is rated. You cannot get a MPAA rating without having a final cut/print of the film.
Yup. A film being delayed at the absolute last minute is literally unheard of -- I find it virtually impossible to believe that Fox would be that stupid (aside from hiring Anderson in the first place).

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
you know ...it took effort to fuck up this movie... REAL effort. Geezus how many friggin comic books/graphic novels were out there for inspiration DAMN!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Who cares? The movie's going to either suck this friday or suck a week or two from then.

aparisi2274

Man, I wish they canceled this movie and pushed it to Christmas or something, and re-cut the film and gave it an R rating. Then all will be right in world.

Jim Bowie

Who will be Jim Varney's stand in? I think they should just get an Ernest vocalizer and let Rick Moranis be Ernest.

Jim Bowie said:
Who will be Jim Varney's stand in? I think they should just get an Ernest vocalizer and let Rick Moranis be Ernest.

They're actually just going to use Ernest movie footage and CGI to put Aliens and Predators together with the Ernest P!

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
woah...you saw it?

Dan

Who the hell wants to see this at midnight? Star Wars and other huge pop culture flicks I can understand. AVP? Nah.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Yea, the Alien movies aren't pop culture. I've never seen "In space, no one can hear your scream" in a parody or anything. ;)

Dan

Blah, doesn't justify an interest in seeing this at the earliest possible time. I love both franchises, but I don't want to see this film EVER, let alone at freakin' midnight on thursday.

ManaByte

Gold Member
You know, aside from the language, the only thing keeping Aliens (the second one) at an R is the chest burster scene. Everything else can pass in a PG-13 movie except for the number of times "fuck" is said.

evil ways

I spoke earlier today with a friend who works at the local mall theater and he said that they already got the prints and the movie is still scheduled for next week. Movie comes out here on Thursday so I'll have the lowdown on all the sucksocity by the end of the day.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Scalemail Ted said:
This movie will suck, but not because it has a pg-13 rating. Its because of this man:
38m.jpg
Paul W.S. Anderson.

Ah yes here comes the Paul Anderson hate....

Shinobi

ManaByte said:
You know, aside from the language, the only thing keeping Aliens (the second one) at an R is the chest burster scene. Everything else can pass in a PG-13 movie except for the number of times "fuck" is said.

You could say that for a ton of R rated movies, many of which are rated 14 here in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom