• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Visible light is a tiny portion of the electromagnetic spectrum. How can it hide different realm when this whole spectrum directly impacts us?

Sounds simply like religious mumbo jumbo. God exists but we can't perceive him.

Again, it's better if you're interested in this subject to read it for yourself rather than have me explain it. I'd likely do a disservice to it.

But no, has absolutely nothing to do with religion in that respect.

Also, anyone can read the Five Arguments Against the Extraterrestrial theory in PDF here:

Last edited:

Divus

Yea I've seen those, and it could very well be. Its definitely different then with how the energy is being ejected, like how is a drone controlling the energy of the fireworks its dispersing. After shooting it, the energy shouldn't move like that. Could be a drone and cgi.

Some of the energy reminds me of the other vid I posted with how its ejected.

If you look at that video and think of it as a someone filming thru a piece of glass. Its really looks like the reflection of head/tail lights on cars. It could be as simple as someone sitting in a car looking thru a barely tinted window filming the reflection of the cars headlights behind him. Or at least that is what I see.

MadAnon

If you look at that video and think of it as a someone filming thru a piece of glass. Its really looks like the reflection of head/tail lights on cars. It could be as simple as someone sitting in a car looking thru a barely tinted window filming the reflection of the cars headlights behind him. Or at least that is what I see.
Nice catch. I see it now too. At 00:19 - 00:20 you can clearly see all those lights swaying in unison, independently from camera. At 0.5 speed even more obvious. Basically those reflections seem to be added from a completely different video and camera swayed at that moment during filming. Seems like the area with those reflections was cut out and added to this video. Low res helps with masking.

Last edited:

Romulus

Nice catch. I see it now too. At 00:19 - 00:20 you can clearly see all those lights swaying in unison, independently from camera. At 0.5 speed even more obvious. Basically those reflections seem to be added from a completely different video and camera swayed at that moment during filming. Seems like the area with those reflections was cut out and added to this video. Low res helps with masking.

The problem is theres another almost just like it from a military infrared camera switching back and forth. The behavior of the lights is almost one to one ejecting those smaller lights.

MadAnon

Another military video

Notice how it hits the water going 70+mph and doesn't slow down. Doesn't make sense. No splash, no wave.

I know this one. It's fascinating but you can't really tell if it hits the water or its speed from the video. There's a good thread on metabunk about this case. The wind was blowing in that exact direction and some researchers even made a very cool and topologically accurate simulation of an object (like a lantern) floating at wind speed. And it matches up perfectly. It really wasn't moving anywhere near that fast and helicopter moving in opposite direction at decent speed made it look like the object was traveling faster than it actually did. It could've been 2 lanterns tied together which somehow split off, but I'm no expert in IR footage to conclude they were. Personally, doesn't look like 2 lanterns tied together at the start but maybe the angle makes it hard to tell.

So I'm kind of on the fences about this case.

Last edited:

Romulus

I know this one. It's fascinating but you can't really tell if it hits the water or its speed from the video. There's a good thread on metabunk about this case. The wind was blowing in that exact direction and some researchers even made a very cool and topologically accurate simulation of an object (like a lantern) floating at wind speed. And it matches up perfectly. It really wasn't moving anywhere near that fast and helicopter moving in opposite direction at decent speed made it look like the object was traveling faster than it actually did. It could've been 2 lanterns tied together which somehow split off, but I'm no expert in IR footage to conclude they were. Personally, doesn't look like 2 lanterns tied together at the start but maybe the angle makes it hard to tell.

So I'm kind of on the fences about this case.

Yeah the lantern thing seems way off to me. And it absolutely hits the water with the way its suddenly distorted at the exact moment it reaches the lowest depth then isn't distorted when it rises above it. I just know any object you'd see a splash at the very least or some sort it slowed down considerably, neither of which happened. Even at 15 mph, it'd be visually noticeable. The small wakes and waves near are easily visible.

Last edited:

Romulus

One of my series of favorites.

During volcanic eruptions, in addition to the orbs are these cigar shaped objects always seen. What's strange is they seem to be made from a similar type of energy that the orbs are.

They're seen all over, this looks similar captured by the Mars rover:

Its difficult not to see a level of consistency if you watch all those videos.

Liljagare

Yeah, there's another vid where a dude is using that. It's just the way the energy is dispersed is unlike anything ive seen before. It looks so unnatural to me how the fireworks move, idk. Like physics are way off.

You should see theese guys IRL, are a few more groups out there, but theese guys are awesome:

Last edited:

StormCell

So we still have nothing. I have never denied the existence of UFO's but don't see why people seem to take those sightings as proof that extraterrestrial life developed elsewhere. Nobody even knows what the UFO's are but we're pretty sure what's piloting them lol.

I take issue with argumentative angles like yours because you focus on one tiny aspect of the discussion and shift the argument and its onus onto one side. Your argument actually sounds like this:"I don't believe in God. Show me proof of God. Change my mind." For those who have moved past this point and openly accept a thing's existence not based on tangible evidence but rather logical proof, I think you can see why this would be incredibly aggravating. Dropping into an Aliens and UFO thread to state "I don't believe in aliens. Show me the proof." might as well be drive-by posting.

I just want you to put more effort into your engagement. See what I do below.

I lean towards this angle.

IDH (Interdimensional Hypothesis) as opposed to ETH (Extraterrestrial Hypothesis). Along the lines of Jacques Vallée (who worked with J. Allen Hynek, who was on Project Blue Book)

Or as John Keel calls them, Ultraterrestrials.

I just don't see what difference it makes whether it's something from another solar system or another dimension. There's just a small tangible difference in my mind because either are equally out of reach for us. There's simply just no knowing at the present whether our own "time and space" acts like a piece of paper that can be folded or maybe space is full of short cuts (wormholes) that we can't presently detect. There's bound to be at least a hundred possibilities for getting from point A to point B. The best I can offer between DJINNs and extra-terrestrials is one big shrug.

Now, this thought has occurred to me a couple of times and I had thought to come to this thread to post it. What is the second most habitable place in our solar system? The Earth's surface is #1. I would think the Earth's interior would be #2. If looking to other solar systems seems just too unlikely a destination for our unidentifiable visitors, then wouldn't it seem plausible these creeps are coming from within our planet?

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I take issue with argumentative angles like yours because you focus on one tiny aspect of the discussion and shift the argument and its onus onto one side.

lol "one tiny aspect" of the discussion being give me one good reason to posit that these anomalies are machines being piloted by independently evolved extraterrestrial life forms. Nothing points to this at all really, it's pure retarded speculation in my opinion. Seeing unidentified things move at a distance does not give me concrete proof that aliens evolved somewhere and are flying machines in our neighbourhood, no matter how badly you'd like this to be the case.

Your argument actually sounds like this:"I don't believe in God. Show me proof of God. Change my mind."

My argument is that I won't jump to a conclusion that isn't even remotely backed by anything. But we see lights! Someone told me a compelling story! They must exist because of how big space is! These are embarrassing proofs for extraterrestrial life.

For those who have moved past this point and openly accept a thing's existence not based on tangible evidence but rather logical proof...

:messenger_tears_of_joy: "space is so big other things must have evolved even though we aren't even capable of showing how this occurred in the one instance of a planet with life we do know of"

Dropping into an Aliens and UFO thread to state "I don't believe in aliens. Show me the proof." might as well be drive-by posting.

I explained why I felt that way each time I was challenged. Cry more.

StormCell

lol "one tiny aspect" of the discussion being give me one good reason to posit that these anomalies are machines being piloted by independently evolved extraterrestrial life forms. Nothing points to this at all really, it's pure retarded speculation in my opinion. Seeing unidentified things move at a distance does not give me concrete proof that aliens evolved somewhere and are flying machines in our neighbourhood, no matter how badly you'd like this to be the case.

My argument is that I won't jump to a conclusion that isn't even remotely backed by anything. But we see lights! Someone told me a compelling story! They must exist because of how big space is! These are embarrassing proofs for extraterrestrial life.

:messenger_tears_of_joy: "space is so big other things must have evolved even though we aren't even capable of showing how this occurred in the one instance of a planet with life we do know of"

I explained why I felt that way each time I was challenged. Cry more.

And now I realize you're actually arguing with yourself. Do you really think this thread is full of people making these assumptions or drawing these conclusions? We get a few people who don't offer a lot complex arguments, like your posts except to the other extreme. For the most part, the most active participants in this thread are sharing good data, and posting "What the heck could this actually be?" You stated "give me one good reason to posit that these anomalies are machines being piloted by ... evolved extraterrestrial life forms." Why would we ever give you reason to posit something we're not convinced of ourselves? I do believe that most people in this thread are convinced that there are intelligent life forms elsewhere in our galaxy based on the sheer number of stars and planets -- this seems like a higher probability of being true as we learn more about other solar systems. Therefore, when you entered this thread stating "I don't believe in aliens" I quoted you on that particular post and not any of your subsequent posts that I really haven't read yet.

Nymphae

Banned
And now I realize you're actually arguing with yourself. Do you really think this thread is full of people making these assumptions or drawing these conclusions? We get a few people who don't offer a lot complex arguments, like your posts except to the other extreme. For the most part, the most active participants in this thread are sharing good data, and posting "What the heck could this actually be?" You stated "give me one good reason to posit that these anomalies are machines being piloted by ... evolved extraterrestrial life forms." Why would we ever give you reason to posit something we're not convinced of ourselves? I do believe that most people in this thread are convinced that there are intelligent life forms elsewhere in our galaxy based on the sheer number of stars and planets -- this seems like a higher probability of being true as we learn more about other solar systems. Therefore, when you entered this thread stating "I don't believe in aliens" I quoted you on that particular post and not any of your subsequent posts that I really haven't read yet.

What is your point

Nymphae

Banned
Make a better effort to join the conversation.

I added my two cents to the topic and engaged with anyone who felt like engaging with my opinion. Don't like it? Don't reply to me.

So, is it that you don't believe there are other intelligent beings in our galaxy

Correct, I summarized the best proofs I'm aware of:

But we see lights! Someone told me a compelling story! They must exist because of how big space is!

There is no compelling proof for me at all currently, the best reason to believe is simply "well this thing is too big for us to have been the only instance of spontaneous creation of life via a mechanism we still haven't proven, so we're pretty sure"

Romulus

You should see theese guys IRL, are a few more groups out there, but theese guys are awesome:

It's just I've yet to see anything quite like the ufo vids. Those fireworks have a very distinct look. I think one vid i posted is possible but even then very different.

Last edited:

Romulus

When I read these quotes from astronauts, it makes me wonder.

Scroll about halfway down. Some vid footage of their accounts to when they were younger too I can hunt down.

Last edited:
I just don't see what difference it makes whether it's something from another solar system or another dimension. There's just a small tangible difference in my mind because either are equally out of reach for us. There's simply just no knowing at the present whether our own "time and space" acts like a piece of paper that can be folded or maybe space is full of short cuts (wormholes) that we can't presently detect. There's bound to be at least a hundred possibilities for getting from point A to point B. The best I can offer between DJINNs and extra-terrestrials is one big shrug.

Now, this thought has occurred to me a couple of times and I had thought to come to this thread to post it. What is the second most habitable place in our solar system? The Earth's surface is #1. I would think the Earth's interior would be #2. If looking to other solar systems seems just too unlikely a destination for our unidentifiable visitors, then wouldn't it seem plausible these creeps are coming from within our planet?

For the first part, it may not really matter in the grand scheme of things. It could very well be a Simulation as well. Like in The Matrix how the Oracle tells Neo about Werewolves and Vampires where a program is doing something it shouldn't. Or in Interdimensional theory it's something moving over from another world into ours (Skinwalker Ranch, for example), or in Extraterrestrial theory it's from Andromeda or Zeta Reticuli.

The second part regarding #2, well that's a long old theory that's been going on in modern times since the 1800s withh Jules Verne, among others, and dates back much farther in certain other ancient cultures.

Personally I lean towards Interdimensional, though obviously "dimensions" may not be the best word for it, but other realities/realms of existence/etc. I'd liken that more to something like D&D Planescape if anything.

Though living in a simulation fits quite a few of the same areas as well and would explain things quite well, just in a different manner. Maybe we're the AI and we're becoming self-aware.

Flashlights in the sky? The angle of the camera shows a building 3:04, hes looking almost straight up.
When the blue light (flashlight) sweeps below, you can see grass, not metal. I'm also suspicious of the fact that you only see the lights when he zooms in.

Last edited:

Romulus

When the blue light (flashlight) sweeps below, you can see grass, not metal. I'm also suspicious of the fact that you only see the lights when he zooms in.

I can't tell its grass and I'm on a huge monitor. But anything is possible.

Romulus

2005. Strange to say the least. Not only do I not remember too many drones back then, they really move strange. Almost microscopic biology.

Another, apparently everyone sees them here

Last edited:
Well I have a story to tell from the anal probe that they gave me.

58e237a4f81b93e17a0644340c894dcd_w200.gif

giphy.gif

d4Fl3.gif

A lot of what we see in this thread are not UFO's from outer space, but military projects being tested. Drones, as we know them today (Predator for example) were being tested in the 90's. The 'triangle' ufo's that we see on X-files, were the B2 stealth and the F117 stealth fighters going through their tests.

RAM and SCRAM jets haven't hit full production yet and we have been discussing this technology for well over 20 years.

As an added bonus bit of useless info, 80% of a normal fighter jet's weight is for systems to keep the pilot alive and back-up systems of those systems. We, as humans, limit the speed these craft can travel because we can only take so much of a pounding from G. Theoretically, a drone can pull ~30G (the limit of the material itself). So, we could design a drone, or drones that could travel 6 times faster than anything we have ever witnessed or known, that alone would make the craft look alien.

Add to that 5G/ 'internet of things' technology and you could design one huge drone as the mother ship, which spawns smaller drones. Think aircraft carrier in the sky.

pramod

Banned
For me the one big question that has baffled me the most regarding UFOs/Aliens is: if "they" are real and "they" are here, whatever "they" are, why won't "they" reveal themselves to us?

I mean there's many theories I've heard, but none of them really makes sense if you think about it logically:

Like some people say they are just here to "observe" us. But if that's the case, why even give us so much visual evidence? Why not just stay completely invisible? Why fly around in a big cigar in broad daylight?

I've thought about this for years and cannot really come up with anything. The only thing that sort of makes sense is if we are somehow in a gigantic zoo, some sort of playground/laboratory for higher beings, or even just a computer simulation. And these weird things we see from time to time are just bored higher beings having some fun or are "glitches" in the simulation.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I believe that there intellectual life not only in the universe, but also in our galaxy. There is no way that Earth is the only planet that has evolved intelligent life. However, the odds of that life living long enough to develop interstellar travel I believe is rare.

If a civilisation capable of intergalactic travel came into contact with Earth, it's really impossible to say what the overall impact would be.

First, for the people of Earth, it would be pretty bad to begin with. There would be without a doubt mass panic and global economical collapse at the very least. Religion would also suffer. How could religion make sense after that sort of event?

The Aliens themselves........it honestly would be impossible to say or predict what their intentions would be.

There is a sci-fi trope that the Aliens would come to harm us. Maybe wipe us of the planet and harvest our resources and move on. Stephen Hawking said that it would be the equivalent of European nations finding America, which didn't turn out well for the natives.

Some say the Aliens would come in peace. If they have the tech to travel the galaxy, why would they come to harm us? Maybe they would come to help us, gift us technology and turn us into a utopian society.

However, both instances make the mistake of projecting our world view into that of these Aliens. Humans are by nature violent creatures. Our whole history has been shaped by war and conflict. We also can on the other hand show greats amount of empathy to our fellow humans.

I don't think any Aliens would be either. I can't say what their intentions would be, but I believe their intentions would be completely foreign to us and wouldn't make any sense at all. Their intentions would be absolutely alien. Pun intended.

They may, for example arrive at earth, say absolutely nothing, deploy a biological weapon that kills two thirds of all human life and then disappear never to be seen again. For years afterwards, humans that are left would be discussing and debating the point of such a cull, but the to the aliens who did the deed, it would make perfect sense in their alien minds.

I'd also like to apologise for the above if it appears to be the ramblings of a mad man. I've just drunk a bottle of Italian red wine and and pretty wasted.

Cheers!

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
First, for the people of Earth, it would be pretty bad to begin with. There would be without a doubt mass panic and global economical collapse at the very least. Religion would also suffer. How could religion make sense after that sort of event?
Not to mention toilet paper would be hard to come across.

Romulus

These descriptions are very similar to objects reported and filmed in modern times, but WW2 pilots across the world also saw them.

Examples in one country, but these are seen across the globe constantly with this classic fireball/orb shape with insane mobility.

Still today fighter pilots are filming and reporting these and unable to keep up with them. But going back 80 years? Reported in such mass circumstances by professional aviators? Why would all those WW2/modern pilots be delusional/lying/confused about the same type of thing?

Last edited:

Romulus

To further the post above, these same objects were also tracked on radar, chased by pilots, and filmed.

This report was also on Fox.

Personally I lean towards Interdimensional, though obviously "dimensions" may not be the best word for it, but other realities/realms of existence/etc. I'd liken that more to something like D&D Planescape if anything.
I lean to secret gov. projects. Whatever they are it is is likely not much more advanced than our current state, probably some exotic physics.

They'd basically have to have a principle of non interaction akin to star trek, for there to be radically more advanced technology and none somehow passing, trickling it, to us. How big of an a hole do you have to be to potentially have the cure to cancer, poverty, crime, alzheimer's, etc and simply watch innocents suffer.

Maybe for other life in our solar system as well as most life in the universe. Intelligent life might just be very rare.
It's not just intelligent life. How hard would things be without the blessed existence of fossil fuels for easy to attain vast cheap energy. That fueled unprecedented prosperity and technological development.

Without it significant research on renewables or nuclear would be needed in preindustrial society. And such research could be lost at any moment, in such delicate societies, like happened to rome and the dark ages. It might be that it takes so long without industrial machinery to develop alternatives that natural disasters collapse civilization before significant progress occurs.

Also fossil fuels have the side effect of climate change and they eventually run out too. Once they start being used you have a few centuries to transition away from them, or their depletion + climate changes dooms you.
Why would all those WW2/modern pilots be delusional/lying/confused about the same type of thing?

I think some ufos could also be some types of naturally occurring phenomena we have yet to fully understand.

Romulus

I think some ufos could also be some types of naturally occurring phenomena we have yet to fully understand.

Natural could be anything, even from another planet. That's still natural. Not saying it is.

But why would it show up on radar doing 30,000mph and able to stop on a dime? Why are there so many accounts of them following fighter jets for miles and toy with it when the pilot tried to turn the tables on it? This behavior goes back 80 years all the way until now from militaries all over the world.

Last edited:

Romulus

Knowing what we know now with all the Navy pilots coming forward and their extensive testimony with data, pay close attention to how these presidents respond to the question about aliens and how similar their reaction is to the subject.

Natural could be anything, even from another planet. That's still natural. Not saying it is.

But why would it show up on radar doing 30,000mph and able to stop on a dime? Why are there so many accounts of them following fighter jets for miles and toy with it when the pilot tried to turn the tables on it? This behavior goes back 80 years all the way until now from militaries all over the world.
The military vehicles in the distant past were far slower. Either experimental crafts from that time did the more extraordinary things, or there are some unknown probably atmospheric effects with complex behavior. Also it is likely the behavior of these crafts has been getting more advanced over time as newer technology develops.

Assuming these were interstellar or interdimensional beings, if they had the same capabilities seen today nearly 100 years ago, the technology would not only have been significantly more advanced than us, but would have experienced an additional century of progress.

Yet why barely any interaction?

Romulus

The military vehicles in the distant past were far slower. Either experimental crafts from that time did the more extraordinary things, or there are some unknown probably atmospheric effects with complex behavior. Also it is likely the behavior of these crafts has been getting more advanced over time as newer technology develops.

Assuming these were interstellar or interdimensional beings, if they had the same capabilities seen today nearly 100 years ago, the technology would not only have been significantly more advanced than us, but would have experienced an additional century of progress.

Yet why barely any interaction?

But the most advanced military in the world at that time was Germany by far, why would they develop craft that spooked their own planets and harass them? They did that to both sides on the war, Japan the Allies, everyone.

Assuming they're interstellar, why would they interact with us? I don't think they would at all. Look our most intelligent humans. Our scientists. They don't interact with wild monkeys for example, they sit back and watch or follow them in the forest. I would think they're so far beyond us that communication with us would be primitive and not worth it. Like teaching a monkey how to talk or sign language. Sure, it can work, but in the end it is very primitive and more of a curiosity than setting up a real dialogue because the intelligence disparity is so massive.

They could literally be hundreds of times more intelligent than us, and anything that can travel interstellar space would need to be far beyond us. We struggle to go to our own moon and it takes us years of planning, meanwhile, these things are here, lightyears from home zipping around in craft we can't even explain.

Interdimensional is possible how they appear as a plasma almost. But in my mind the secret government tech angle is almost out the window with recent developments. I don't believe for a second that any government had craft in the 1940s flying at hypersonic speeds. They are literally radar signatures from military radars all over the world that recorded that data. Even supersonic back then would be mind-blowing, but no, these are hypersonic.

Last edited:
Assuming they're interstellar, why would they interact with us? I don't think they would at all. Look our most intelligent humans. Our scientists. They don't interact with wild monkeys for example, they sit back and watch or follow them in the forest. I would think they're so far beyond us that communication with us would be primitive and not worth it. Like teaching a monkey how to talk or sign language. Sure, it can work, but in the end it is very primitive and more of a curiosity than setting up a real dialogue because the intelligence disparity is so massive.

They could literally be hundreds of times more intelligent than us, and anything that can travel interstellar space would need to be far beyond us. We struggle to go to our own moon and it takes us years of planning, meanwhile, these things are here, lightyears from home zipping around in craft we can't even explain.
And why would they do that? With the technology they could have they could simply hack into one of our satellites and have massive information about everything, even genetic sequencing of many animals and plants on earth.

Why keep zipping around for a century or millenia without doing anything? What could they possibly learn? Technologically we couldn't provide anything. nature? their technology could outdo nature and provide for vastly better drugs and chemicals. Culture or animal behavior? They could likely simulate similar or greater complexity and study that. Even without that, a few years of data collection and they'd basically know everything there is to know with their advanced technological data analysis.

It just doesn't make sense. Nasa is said to have lost the technology to go to the moon. I think It makes more sense a secret project back then had craft with high capability and the technology was lost and recreated, than noninteracting aliens.

Romulus

And why would they do that? With the technology they could have they could simply hack into one of our satellites and have massive information about everything, even genetic sequencing of many animals and plants on earth.

Why keep zipping around for a century or millenia without doing anything? What could they possibly learn? Technologically we couldn't provide anything. nature? their technology could outdo nature and provide for vastly better drugs and chemicals. Culture or animal behavior? They could likely simulate similar or greater complexity and study that. Even without that, a few years of data collection and they'd basically know everything there is to know with their advanced technological data analysis.

It just doesn't make sense. Nasa is said to have lost the technology to go to the moon. I think It makes more sense a secret project back then had craft with high capability and the technology was lost and recreated, than noninteracting aliens.

Maybe they already have all that info from satellites? Human scientists still could use drones and binoculars to study from afar and we still choose to get inside their ecosystem and study them up close.

You say they're zipping around not doing anything, how do you know that? What does "doing something" equate to in your human mind? Making contact?Why would a super advances species do that anyway? Maybe this civilization is a curiosity to them because we're so different? It could be a number of things, we can't get inside an alien or interstellar mind to understand. Tribal humans would probably think scientific tests that the most intelligent humans do is silly or doesn't' make sense, and that's on a similar plane of mental capacity.

Nasa lost the tech to go to the moon? What are you talking about? They're planning a mission now. What about all the other nations? They still need years of planning just to go there. China just went and it wasn't an easy task at all.

It's a black project. Okay, why would they be zipping around during a war? They didn't even operate for either side. Just flying around. Like a war journalist? Germany was far and away more advanced in the 1940s, why didn't they use this hypersonic tech 80 years ago to win the war? They were afraid the secret would get out? When they were literally backed against the wall and the allies were invading? They just rather fly around and take pictures?

Last edited:
I lean to secret gov. projects. Whatever they are it is is likely not much more advanced than our current state, probably some exotic physics.

They'd basically have to have a principle of non interaction akin to star trek, for there to be radically more advanced technology and none somehow passing, trickling it, to us. How big of an a hole do you have to be to potentially have the cure to cancer, poverty, crime, alzheimer's, etc and simply watch innocents suffer.

What does a kid with an ant farm care about the ants? Or even a scientist.

Hell, do you care about your Sims in Sims 4? Seriously. If no, then why would anything give a shit about us? Or why should it? This example I'd use in reference to if we were in a simulation.

And while secret government projects are always a possibility, they don't necessarily make up the entire percentage of the phenomena.

Last edited:
What does a kid with an ant farm care about the ants? Or even a scientist.

Hell, do you care about your Sims in Sims 4? Seriously. If no, then why would anything give a shit about us? Or why should it? This example I'd use in reference to if we were in a simulation.

And while secret government projects are always a possibility, they don't necessarily make up the entire percentage of the phenomena.
There's a difference between ants that may not even be conscious and things like animals and humans. Even we over time have slowly started to value animal life, and seek a lack of cruelty in their treatment and even deaths.
Maybe this civilization is a curiosity to them because we're so different? It could be a number of things, we can't get inside an alien or interstellar mind to understand.
I don't know if they are really super advanced, they should be able to duplicate it in simulation after only sampling the satellites or understand it fully with super intelligent analysis.
Nasa lost the tech to go to the moon? What are you talking about? They're planning a mission now. What about all the other nations? They still need years of planning just to go there. China just went and it wasn't an easy task at all.
china was unmanned, iirc. And nasa is having to redevelop the technology.

Couldn't find the original clip, but here's a cut from a youtube video I found searching for the quote.

Germany was far and away more advanced in the 1940s, why didn't they use this hypersonic tech 80 years ago to win the war? They were afraid the secret would get out? When they were literally backed against the wall and the allies were invading? They just rather fly around and take pictures?
Germany may've been publically ahead, but we don't know who was ahead behind closed doors. There might also have been limitations to the technology like being unable to use weaponry at the speeds they operated. Or there might've been too few crafts to make a difference. Perhaps they were too difficult to manufacture and were mostly used for reconnaissance.

edit: I should also add that if these were super advanced crafts, far beyond us, one would imagine some form of advanced cloaking technology should be possible and they should've been able to develop it.

Last edited:
There's a difference between ants that may not even be conscious and things like animals and humans. Even we over time have slowly started to value animal life, and seek a lack of cruelty in their treatment and even deaths.

I wouldn't assume just because ants are happily doing their thing that they're not conscious, nor would I think it's smart or safe to assume possible "entities" more powerful than us have emotion even enter into their logic. That lack of emotion would remove any value they'd have of life in a setting like this.

Cold indifference over countless eons would surely harden any being into a state where individual concerns, such as what goes on in our little planet, are not even worthy of any serious attention. They could be looking at it on a multi-millenia scale, rather than just a few generations.

These entities/beings are indifferent at best.

I wouldn't assume just because ants are happily doing their thing that they're not conscious, nor would I think it's smart or safe to assume possible "entities" more powerful than us have emotion even enter into their logic. That lack of emotion would remove any value they'd have of life in a setting like this.

Cold indifference over countless eons would surely harden any being into a state where individual concerns, such as what goes on in our little planet, are not even worthy of any serious attention. They could be looking at it on a multi-millenia scale, rather than just a few generations.

These entities/beings are indifferent at best.
If they don't have curiosity at least what are they doing here? If they were indifferent they could easily colonize the planet, like what we do when we build a highway and destroy countless ant nests. I just don't know why some super advanced civilization would show interest in something that cannot provide technological knowledge of any kind, and whose behavior is probably simple enough to be easily understood and replicated.

I mean if they are super advanced they should be able to learn more from limited exposure, and they should also be able to replicate our situation in simulations and study more invasively.

They seem to have this weird balance between not using advanced cloaking(allowing a few sightings) and not engaging in more radical interaction like kidnappings or at least peaceful first contact. And somehow remaining interested for decades, centuries or millenia despite their more advanced intelligence and technology suggesting they could learn all there is to learn in a very short period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom