• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens Vs Predator = PG-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

evil ways

Well it's official

http://www.avp-movie.com/

PG-13

Also 2 different TV spots mention the rating. I guess we can expect the same level of Predator and Aliens violence as the lame TV edited movies, with a shit and a fuck here and there for added flavor.

Fox and Paul Anderson both fucked up.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Drensch said:
One at a time shall we? Ignore marketing costs for fun.

Bad Boys 2 was a sequel, that's one point. Secondly it underperformed with a huge star in it, it probably would have hit 250 had it been pg 13. Domestically it did 140 and cost 130 not including marketing. In other words, results like that make a studio nervous. Only with Overseas and dvd will it make a profit. Proves my point.

Troy? Cost 170, made 132 here, and will only make it with overseas and dvd. Proves my point.

Gangs? Cost 100(although that number is way low) It did 77 Us. Proves my point.

Matrices? In a huge franchise, Star Wars could be rated nc-17 and do 200 hundred domestically but it doesn't make nc-17 a safe bet. The last 2 Matrix movies cost 300 total, and made 420 domestic. Here they actually make some dough, if they didn't have to advertise. In order to simply break even, they need dvd and overseas grosses.

So in those examples you had one aberration that made money and it was a huge franchise. I.e. R movies are avoided because they are bad investments. The average R movie makes far less than your average pg 13. 6 Alien and Pred movies all r?

Predator 60 mill
Pred 2 31 mill
Alien 78 mill
Alien 2 85 mill
Alien 3 55mill
Alien 4 47mill

356 mill for 6 movies all R rated. Are you telling me as a studio exec that I want to drop (probably) 100 mill or so in a movie that has only done 360 mill across 6 films? Limit it to people over 17, and have no big name actors?, and a middling set of franchises? I don't think so.

That is the dumbest fucking argument I've ever heard. Do you realize how much money with inflation those films have made. Really.

The Matrix and Terminator proved last year that R-rated movies can still sell big, especially if you have an installed fan base, which both Alien and Predator have.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
I don't think that having AVP being PG-13 will DETER those who really want to see it from going to see it. But it will ENABLE those who wouldn't be allowed to see it by virtue of being under 17. So I don't think the rating will hurt the movie at all.

Do you base your decision to go see a movie on whether or not it is R rated?

COCKLES

being watched
As I said before DVD makes this a moot point now. Studios can have their cake and eat it.

PG for the general audience.

Initial DVD release.

Uncut deluxe hardcore DVD release for the fans.

Gotta love Hollywood though. You can't have aliens ripping peoples heads off, but it's ok to see people blown apart with machine guns ahoy.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
I can see it now... Predator jumps out from the shadows and surprises an Alien and right when he's about the slice into the Alien's neck with it's blade, the movie cuts to a view of a wall where alien acid blood splats on it.

I FUCKIN HATE PUSSIFED HOLLYWOOD.

Hitman said:
I can see it now... Predator jumps out from the shadows and surprises an Alien and right when he's about the slice into the Alien's neck with it's blade, the movie cuts to a view of a wall where alien acid blood splats on it.

I FUCKIN HATE PUSSIFED HOLLYWOOD.

IAWTP

Don't forget when the person's head is about to get cut off by a predator with his big ass stick, the movie (not the predator, get it, har har har) cuts to a girl with a shocked look on her face as she hears her boyfriends scream....SCARY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom