• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Almost 1 week after release, what are your feelings on Final Fantasy VII Rebirth? [No Spoiler]

FingerBang

I'm only about 13 hours in and enjoying it infinitely more than Remake. And I've only done sidequests.

I've given up on the story and characters, enjoying the open world and the combat system. There's plenty to do, and you get some decent rewards for it as well. In my opinion, it's still in the meh category of open worlds, but it works well overall.

Still, I've barely seen what the game has to offer and don't know how long it will take for me to finish it, but it's

Nydius

I don't own the game, but I read someone saying they just reached Costa del Sol after 39h playtime. Does it really take that long to get there if you do all the side content? That sounds like madness to me.

That number sounds accurate. I just reached Cosmo Canyon with 55 hours playtime doing all of the side content in each prior zone (except the two protorelics in Corel that are progress locked).

And yeah, it’s a little bit mad.

Interfectum

Best FF game since the original 7!

If you decided to wait for the pc release you will be in for a treat for sure.
I couldn't wait so I'll just double dip. This game reminds me of the good old PS1/PS2 days when games could just be silly and fun. I'm enamored with it. (and Helldivers 2 too)

I don't own the game, but I read someone saying they just reached Costa del Sol after 39h playtime. Does it really take that long to get there if you do all the side content? That sounds like madness to me.
In the original it takes about 3 hours to get there after leaving Midgar. 39h would be the time you would finish ff7 on a blind run.
I finished the game right around 53 hours and I did most of the side content. I've gone back to tidy up and finish the rest, I'm at around 58 hours and if I had to guess, just finishing out Overworld quests and Intel, probably another 4-5 hours. Not counting combat simulator stuff.

Top Bottom