• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aloy's costumes in the new DLC is nightmare fuel

Bragr

Banned
What a fuck is this ridiculous bullshit?

resize

cb00e68f86d868ae760b6202b9052768.jpg

Mossybrew

That one with the horns isn't specific to the DLC.

Anyway there's quite a good variety of outfits, and Transmog lets you look like any of them, which is pretty cool, plus the dyes give even more variety.

So, not seeing anything remotely nightmare inducing, it's all part of the overall aesthetic.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
She doesn't need to dress pretty for you 😅
Hold up. It's the other way around. These are the costumes they put her in to make her look pretty. Guerilla Games thinks this is beautiful.

They over-produce her costumes to an absurd amount, there is detail on detail within detail. I want her to look more normal, that's the whole point here.

She's the videogame version of this:

shopping-like-an-issue-man-addicted-of-sales-overproduction-and-crazy-demand-female-model-wearing-too-much-colorful-clothes-need-more-fashion-style-black-friday-sale-abusing-purchases-2ABEG2K.jpg

Alex11

Well to be fair the costumes aren't different from the first game, I pretty much played through the whole game in the first outfit, because I only changed it with the upgraded ones, which looked kind of the same.

But yeah, they are a bit weird, I wouldn't call them ugly, a better word would be aesthetically unpleasing, but what annoyed me a little was that there should be more metal in the outfits as she is battling these huge robots.

Mr.Phoenix

Hmmm... I think I know where OP is coming from. Not enough skin. the last thing wanted in their wet dreams is an overdressed Aloy.

Fake

She was never had a good armor design to begin with.

Since HZD I always used the mecha armor that give me a second health bar because all the other suits are useless. They even created eletric pulse tower in the DLC Frozen Wilds as at hope of people forget to use the mecha armor, but even with the magnet pulse the tower send people use like 100% of the time.

If you are looking for good armor design you're wasting your time. Not in this game.

Last edited:
Well to be fair the costumes aren't different from the first game, I pretty much played through the whole game in the first outfit, because I only changed it with the upgraded ones, which looked kind of the same.

But yeah, they are a bit weird, I wouldn't call them ugly, a better word would be aesthetically unpleasing, but what annoyed me a little was that there should be more metal in the outfits as she is battling these huge robots.
Yep, she looks like a fucking woolly samurai.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Some people are bizarrely obsessed with the physical appearance of this character. I bet we have more threads/posts about how Aloy looks than we do the game itself.

That's because for a character two things are needed, personality and looks. Aloy fails so hard at having a personality that the only thing left to comment on is the aesthetics of her vapid shell.

Which I would describe as close to a gammon steak in human form.

That's because for a character two things are needed, personality and looks. Aloy fails so hard at having a personality that the only thing left to comment on is the aesthetics of her vapid shell.

Which I would describe as close to a gammon steak in human form.
Gammon steak in human form.. that is special.
Honestly, it just looks like outfits from Monster Hunter, a franchise I think Aloy would fit perfectly in as a great guest character.
Monster hunter has sexy armor.

Why are people so obsessed with Aloy's appearance?
It is a meme at this point. Just roll with it. People just like having fun. Don't take it seriously.

I think people making jokes, comments about aesthetics in video games should never bring out a defense force. Who cares? No one is calling a game bad.. just joking about the design choices for costumes or looks. No one is even insulting an artstyle etc., This kind of banter is what make communities fun. This isnt, "Fundamentally the mechanics are broken", "I wont play this shitty looking game." "30 fps! pfft shitty game" , "THis new game looks like DLC." This is literally.. "That is a dumb ass looking costume."

Last edited:
Top Bottom