• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am I Alone in not buying the Elden Ring hype?

i didn't care about it
ended up playing it because my shareplay friend bought it.
played it non-stop for like a week
haven't touch it since

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
I remember importing Demon's Souls because Europe didn't even get it at first, loving it to death, while no one here had heard about it ever.

Good times.

Also been playing Elden Ring every chance I get, only took a break to play GT7 until the credits. Best game I played since Death Stranding.

He died (digitally of course).

mexico fiesta GIF
But he always seems to come back after being banned. Has happened a few times already lol.

And its always the same story. First few weeks his posts are alright and then his fanboy starts showing and he gets banned.

😂

Last edited:

JeTmAn81

First From Software game for me.
I'm at 122 hours in, this makes my top 5 games I've ever played. Best game I played since the Witcher 3.
For over 2 weeks now I don't do anything other that playing this in my free time.
Welcome. Once you finish this one up you simply must proceed to Dark Souls.

.hacked

Can say for sure if not fan of theses games skip it, thank goodness for stream’s refund policy.

Bought game played for 32 mins and got it refunded. I wish I could get into these games just can’t.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Bought game played for 32 mins and got it refunded. I wish I could get into these games just can’t.

You aren't going to get into them in 32 minutes. Did you run straight at the guy on the horse after the tutorial?

Green_Eyes

Feel too good to run with the crowd eh? There's always one of you. Butthurt that people are enjoying something you feel too elite for, but inevitably you feel left out so you ride into a forum on your paltry high horse to let everybody know how you feel.

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

FunkMiller

Welcome. Once you finish this one up you simply must proceed to Dark Souls.

I’ll probably get rinsed for this, but I still feel like Dark Souls and Bloodborne are just a bit better than Elden Ring. It’s hard to exactly say why, given what an achievement Elden Ring is, but that’s my gut feeling, having completed it.

Maybe because ER is such a behemoth with some flabbiness, whereas DS and BB are leaner, tighter and more focussed.

Last edited:

Quezacolt

I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubble but I think the hype for this game is way over blown. I knew next to nothing about this game until a few days ago being that From software games are not my style. I watched reviews from major sites like IGN, Gamespot, etc and many smaller reviewers on youtube. For the Life of me I can't see why the hell this game is hyped so much. I understand this is not a popular opinion and open myself up for some flaming. With that being said, watchng hours of footage I still do not understand the hype. Graphics are nothing special, Gameplay is nothing special, the game lacks the most important aspect, FUN! I want to like this game like people are shouting to the heavens about but I just don't see it.
But the game is fun for those of us that like the genre, and honestly, some games you can't give your opinion without trying. Watching a video might give some clues as to how the game plays and all that, but it's still not the same as grabbing the controller and playing for yourself.

Top Bottom