• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sea of Thieves PS5 Impressions - Improvements Over the Xbox/PC Versions

ManaByte

Where do you pick up this quest?

sea-of-thieves-the-skull-of-siren-song-voyage-read-captain-briggsys-note-main-mast-1024x576.png

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Put about 8hrs into this so far with the wee lad and gotta say it's a fucking great game, we've been mainly sailing around doing forts and treasury, we did try to tackle another group of players we came across at the insistence of the boy and got our arses well and truly handed to us.

Absolutely loving the graphics, taking me back to my WOW days with it's colourful locales, the ship sailing mechanics are great with the both us tackling each part smoothly before disembarking to explore an island or take out a fortress.

Which beggars belief that UBisoft could release a game like Skull and Bones for £70 when a game ike this exists for £40 in which you can actually be a fucking pirate instead of simply sailing a ship about!?!?

Soooo glad MS made the decision to bring this game to PS

ManaByte

So even when you're playing on PS5, you're logged in and playing on Xbox. That's why Xbox achievements pop as you're playing the PS5 game. I've played 12 hours in the PS5 beta and it's been added to my tracked time on Xbox:
wlQtr2M.png

This means MS is likely going to track PS5 users in MAU, which is the metric both companies look at now.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I mean it's not that obvious. It's a really old (2018) GaaS game with tons of microtransactions. It has other revenue streams. It's not out of the realm of possibility that it might come to other services (Minecraft legends did) or even go full f2p at some point in the future. Charging the same amount as 6 years ago is kind of unprecedented and would be considered overcharging for other games.
Considering the amount of fun I had with my son this weekend in this game for £40, it has already paid for itself so far

Havoc2049

Still just a gimmick to me. The DS controller is still a great controller but I generally turn that shit off (especially in competitive games)
Ya, basically. Most of the haptic features are rumble features with an Xbox controller. Even pulling the trigger on an empty chamber and hearing a click is a gimmick. You hear a click in-game through your speaker or headset already, now with the haptic feature you can hear the click coming out of a little speaker on your controller as well. Big whoop. The people who have the biggest advantage are the KB&M players. Does PS5 SoT have KB&M support?

Where are all the Xbox/PC fanboys crying about MS ruining their platforms, because they've "betrayed" their fanbase by brining the game over to the competitor's console? Oh, right...

Seriously though, this is a great move. SoT is a great game and should be shared with everyone.
Most of those people are Xbox console podcasters and influencers. So a larger Xbox console user base means more money for them. Hell, if you look into it, most of those people don't even play traditional Xbox games like Halo, Gears, Forza and Sea of Thieves. Some of them are grifters looking to make a buck and are more interested in the business side than they are the games.

The Sea of Thieves community, streamers and podcasters are excited about expanding the community.

Top Bottom