• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon kills The Grand Tour and Clarkson’s farm after Jeremy Clarkson spoke the truth about Meghan Markle

ManaByte

Gold Member

cm punk wwe GIF

Burger

He punched a producer, but it was him that took him to the hospital and publicly admitted to doing so. He never tried to hide it, unlike the BBC that hid Jimmy Savile for decades.
For the BBC board, it's ok if a presenter rapes hundreds of little girls, for decades, as long as it's hidden from the public.

When he punched a producer, it didn't came out of nowhere. Clackson's mother had died some time ago, and that had taken a big toll on him.
And in that day, the team had a grueling long and cold day.
This doesn't excuse what he did, but he never did it out of cruelty.
Remember that when Clarkson was fired, millions petitioned the BBC not to do it. Even the UK Prime Minister signed it.
And when Clarkson left the BBC, a lot of the team left with him out of loyalty and friendship.

And so what if he said nasty things about Meghan Markle. Is she some kind of endangered species? She is not.
She never did anything worthwhile in her life, expect marrying a prince.
The reality is that she managed to make herself look like an eternal victim of racism, so now every white knight wants to defend her honor.

Just look at Amazon, a company that treats it's employees like shit. But say anything about a princess, and they get all high on moral.
This is just full on display of hypocrisy.

BTW, where do you think all the money that Meghan Markle is spending now, came from?
It's from the Royal family. Who made billions in the slave trade, committing genocide and causing mass famines around the world.
She is just another big hypocrite, pretending to be some huge victim, while personally benefiting from some of history's worst crimes against humanity.

Most employees will be under contract in the UK, like with say the BBC. Committing violence against another employee would be termed in that contract as 'gross misconduct' and grounds for termination. Problem is that if you don't terminate them, how does that affect all the other employees under similar contract? That's why he was fired. Petitions don't really matter then. Because you have to fire him, because of his own stupid actions.

I don't give a fig for Meghan Markle - I'm not really sure why anyone does. It might be hypocritical for Amazon to drop Clarkson when they treat their employees like any other multinational mega-corp - but they still dropped him. Hypocrisy! Sure - fine. But he was dropped because it may look like he's a huge piece of shit who made a huge stupid mistake. But it's still his mistake - just like the punch.

Quite how all of that gets to Markle spending all that slave money... She really is horrible isn't she?

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I don't think that was satire at all. He hated her, wrote something in a fit of anger, put his foot in his mouth, regretted it and then apologised for it(which he lays out in his apology and was obvious in his rant about her). It happens. I don't know about 'redemption' here, a company is just pulling a contract, not laying out the basket while raising the guillotine. He fucked up, but he'll live and be fine. He's a multimillionaire last I checked, and will still be after this.

He doesn't hate Megan.

Clarkson has been known for his over the top and outspoken humour for almost 30 years. It's why his books have always been incredibly popular.

It was supposed to be satire.

winjer

Gold Member
Most employees will be under contract in the UK, like with say the BBC. Committing violence against another employee would be termed in that contract as 'gross misconduct' and grounds for termination. Problem is that if you don't terminate them, how does that affect all the other employees under similar contract? That's why he was fired. Petitions don't really matter then. Because you have to fire him, because of his own stupid actions.

If someone commits an act of violence, that is a matter for the police. And in this case, the producer who got assaulted didn't even press charges.
The BBC is not the Police, they were just playing the high moral card.
Clackson was always very outspoken, which cause some public stir. For the BBCs moral code, it would have been better it he kept quiet and raped some kids.

I don't give a fig for Meghan Markle - I'm not really sure why anyone does. It might be hypocritical for Amazon to drop Clarkson when they treat their employees like any other multinational mega-corp - but they still dropped him. Hypocrisy! Sure - fine. But he was dropped because it may look like he's a huge piece of shit who made a huge stupid mistake. But it's still his mistake - just like the punch.

Anything Clarkson has done this time, pales in comparison with what Amazon does to it's employees.
Like the BBC, Amazon has no ethics or moral.

Quite how all of that gets to Markle spending all that slave money... She really is horrible isn't she?

She is quite the hypocrite, crying so much about she being a victim of racism, while living a millionaires life, while using slavery money.

SaintALia

He doesn't hate Megan.

Clarkson has been known for his over the top and outspoken humour for almost 30 years. It's why his books have always been incredibly popular.

It was supposed to be satire.
He quite literally says he hates her:
"In Clarkson’s Dec. 16 column, titled “One day, Harold the glove puppet will tell the truth about A Woman Talking B*ks,” the former “Top Gear” presenter wrote of Markle: “I hate her. Not like I hate [Scottish National Party leader] Nicola Sturgeon or [British serial killer] Rose West. I hate her on a cellular level.”"

I'm just going off what he actually says and his apologies thereafter. And as I understand this isn't the first time he's expressed his distaste for her. But if you want to take it as some sort of satire, I'm not going to argue with you over it.

Disgusting racist misognistic pig knew what he was doing, just didnt think anyone else would be smart enough to know. could give a damn he's getting canned, use your spare time to become a decent human.

What's that supposed to mean?

Like a Chinese national saying or doing something critical of the CCP is now "bad" because the powers that be in their nation say it is?

Clarkson steers his own ship and is the master of his own fate. He pissed BBC off all by himself, and apparently did to Amazon. He apologized a lot for the Meghan thing, but if BBC is anything to go by there's probably just a lot of baggage there.

Ownage

We don't have that in the UK. Though to be fair, pretty much the majority of tabloid media in the UK is right wing anyway so it's always hilarious seeing people cry about "woke lefties" over here.
Within the commonwealth, there are some large rabid leftist communities. Canada is drifting further left due to Trudeau's DEI woke brigade, and the LPC is making maneuvers to neuralize conservative talking points. Canadian mainstream media is sucking on mother government's tit as advertising revenue is drying up. The wise, yet fearful conservatives are staying quiet and away from the arena. This is a continuing storm for Canada that hasn't yet blown past. Folks like Peterson are strong, but few, and the leftist influences like the UofT want to revoke his medical credentials as punishment for going against leftist groupthink.

Disturbing times these days.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
All the hate directed at Markle is amazing to me. I seem to remember some older articles bashing her race and how she didn't belong in the royal family because of that and her being an American. She gets so much hate and I just don't understand it. Folks in this thread are mind-readers too saying what she THOUGHT and THINKS... None of us lot know her personally... And when someone mentions race, the go-to is to say "she's making it up" or "perpetual victim"... Meanwhile she gets hate like what Clarkson wrote and it's "he's right" ...?

ManaByte

Gold Member
All the hate directed at Markle is amazing to me. I seem to remember some older articles bashing her race and how she didn't belong in the royal family because of that and her being an American. She gets so much hate and I just don't understand it. Folks in this thread are mind-readers too saying what she THOUGHT and THINKS... None of us lot know her personally... And when someone mentions race, the go-to is to say "she's making it up" or "perpetual victim"... Meanwhile she gets hate like what Clarkson wrote and it's "he's right" ...?

Dude when she was revealed as Harry's wife and they said she was an "actress" no one ever heard of her because she was on this shit show on USA Network called Suits that literally no one ever watched, and I don't even think she was one of the main cast. It was obvious that marrying the prince was her hope to be vaulted to the sort of fame Grace Kelly saw when she became the Princess of Monaco, but that obviously didn't happen so now they're on the victim tour to get the fame they want so bad.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Yeah Megan is trash.. Clarkson is old though and has more than enough money to retire. So I say it was well worth it. 🤷‍♂️

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
1. Isolating victims from their families

2. Being estranged from their own families

3. Playing the victim

These are all textbook traits of covert narcissists

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Her race ? A upper class white girl?

Outlier

I have no idea why we have turned into a bunch of savages in the 21st century. We are supposed to be civilized people who should show some class but everyone seems to be talking like cheap trailer trash people who grew up in the projects. Sometimes they should just keep their mouth shut.

Civilization unfortunately provides easier means for those whom thrive in intrigue to hide in shades and then strike when most opportune.

So erbody backstabbin erbody...

jonnyp

Clarkson is a shit stain of a human being and has always been. Love him or hate it, that doesn't change the malginancy that is him.

Clarkson is a legend.

Of course you don't understand that.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
What I have found most interesting about all of this is how much people actually care about the royal family. As an American none of this stuff means anything to me. I still don;t even know what Markle was in, for example, nor do I care enough to google it.

Edit: I'll add though, Clarkson does come off as codgy old boomer that outstayed his welcome. But whatever. He has fans and I feel like his comments weren't that big of a deal

Edit 2: I take that back. I read an article that neutered his comments which is why I had my original opinion. I just read what he actually said and that is uncalled for. Wishing that kind of ill will upon another person over essentially nothing can't be accepted and I am now glad he lost his two prime gigs. So long Clarkson, time to retire

Last edited:

Winter John

Gold Member
So let me get this right. In a newspaper that I guess is read by millions this guy says he wants to see the wife of your king paraded naked through the streets while people throw shit at her? You fuckin Hobbits are wild. I tell you what, the next time I'm over there in Dingley Dell. The second one of you toothless Florida rejects tries to act all superior I'm gonna point straight to this shit.

Kilau

Dude when she was revealed as Harry's wife and they said she was an "actress" no one ever heard of her because she was on this shit show on USA Network called Suits that literally no one ever watched, and I don't even think she was one of the main cast. It was obvious that marrying the prince was her hope to be vaulted to the sort of fame Grace Kelly saw when she became the Princess of Monaco, but that obviously didn't happen so now they're on the victim tour to get the fame they want so bad.
Suits was pretty good the first few seasons. It got really stupid later on and I gave up on it before she even left the show. She was primary cast and very likable, doubt she had much of a career after the show regardless.

Ownage

She's also highly, highly suspect of being a yacht girl. One can make more money as a yacht girl than on a TV show. The skinny is he met her when she was yachting and he visited that scene.

JonSnowball

Meghan Markle is a stupid attention seeking whore with nothing of value to provide the world, a leech on the ass of royalty extracting anything of value possible.

Editors Note: Jon Snowball, despite apology, was promptly fired from his employ as splooge sponge boy at the local brothel for his harsh comments against Ms. Markle (Preferred Name).

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
You only need to watch an episode of top gear to know the guy is an up himself wanker.

All the hate directed at Markle is amazing to me. I seem to remember some older articles bashing her race and how she didn't belong in the royal family because of that and her being an American. She gets so much hate and I just don't understand it.
She doesn't even look black, dude. Either the British royal family are more racist than the fucking KKK or it's made up/exaggerated.

I dislike any and all royalty, but Harry and Meghan made a big deal about leaving the UK to live in peace in the US, away from the media, only to shower the world with interviews, TV shows, books, lectures, the whole nine yards. All about how much the royal family sucks and how victimized they are. Meanwhile they're spewing their gossip and accusations across all media. It's pathetic and I can't wait for them to shut up and fuck off.

I don't watch Clarkson so got nothing much to day about him.

RavageX

I really loved Top Gear, I have watched the old stuff repeatedly and I have a few episodes that still make me crack up when I rewatch them.

The show was starting to change and to be realistic they were getting up there in age.

When they started the Grand Tour Ive watched a few episodes but it didnt feel the same to me, maybe I should try again but I do feel that maybe this is for the best?

I personally do not care a bit about Harry/Markle/whatever and I dont understand why so many people do. As plenty others have said, actions have consequences.

I do find it regrettable how Top Gear and Grand Tour are to end if it is this way, but its probably about that time anyway, dont you think?

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Yeah I’m sure with her pretty face, white skin, and flowing hair she’s had a lot of racist people keeping her down. 😂🤣🤣

Meghan-Markle.jpg

Lots of biracial people have "fair" skin and look "lite Brite, damn near white"... Doesn't mean they don't identify as black. Rashida Jones (Quincy Jones' biological daughter) and Maya Rudolph (her mother was Minnie Ripperton) come to mind... And Markle identifies as black or biracial.

The papers in the UK were calling her "almost straight outta Compton" because of where her mom lives (don't know if she still does or not) and where Markle grew up and calling her "gangster royalty"... Along with the ... almost gleeful hatred of Markle in a lot of the articles I skimmed over in Google.

And class doesn't exempt you from racism ... I don't know her OR her life. But having friends with very light skin (that darkens quite a bit in the summer) and constantly being bombarded with pushback from white people (not all, obviously) about their racial makeup weighs on you ... Especially when you're a little kid and folks seriously thought one of their parents kidnapped a white child or were their nanny... but she wasn't upper class or anything like that growing up (Compton ain't upper class... Not where she grew up).

Privilege? I lived a quieter life than she did and there weren't any gangs where I grew up... Unlike for her.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Perhaps they were going to fire him anyways and saw this as their chance? Clarkson and the gang are all aging terribly and probably should have retired ages ago.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
He quite literally says he hates her:
"In Clarkson’s Dec. 16 column, titled “One day, Harold the glove puppet will tell the truth about A Woman Talking B*ks,” the former “Top Gear” presenter wrote of Markle: “I hate her. Not like I hate [Scottish National Party leader] Nicola Sturgeon or [British serial killer] Rose West. I hate her on a cellular level.”"

I'm just going off what he actually says and his apologies thereafter. And as I understand this isn't the first time he's expressed his distaste for her. But if you want to take it as some sort of satire, I'm not going to argue with you over it.

You don't need to keep quoting it. I know what he wrote. Yes. It was an attempt at satire and he doesn't really hate Megan more than Rose West.

As previously stated, Clarkson has been doing this type of humour for almost 30 years. People who've read one of his books or have come into contact with one of his previous newspaper columns (which again, he's been writing for decades) will understand this.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
The dude is historically a fucking asshole. He is lucky he ended up at Amazon at all given his history and honestly I think he wouldn't have if May and Hammond weren't also on board. They bought the whole package and held their nose when it came to Clarkson hoping that he would be less of a problem given his advancing age. But he has always been a dick with a problematic view of the world and shit "opinions". Its plastered throughout the history of Top Gear and is well documented. Same goes for Hammond. And I say that as someone who literally grew up on Top Gear and became a fan of classic cars as a result.

Honestly surprised it took him this long to shove his foot in his mouth or his fist in someone's face.

Last edited:

Tams

Well, I was thinking about cancelling Prime. That seals it; I'm done with it. The Grand Tour and Clarkson's Farm were some of the very few consistently good things there. Now it's just The Boys, Invincible, and Star Trek Lower Decks. Not worth it.

But also while I find Clarkson amusing most of the time, he is also a fucking clown with a sledgehammer. And I while can't stand the fame seeker Markle at all; he knew damn well that this would be a shitshow.

Last edited:

Tams

Y'all seriously need to touch grass. The hatred around her is bizarre from the outside looking in.

Bizarre?

She (by her own admission) went looking for famous person to marry like some sort of predator. She then found a pretty dim, gullible one in Harry (who very likely has PTSD or something to boot). And then after marrying him, made so far baseless accusations against his family and by some accounts was very entitled. She also tried to rapidly change the family dynamic to fit her views of the world with little regard to how they felt.

That would be nasty in any family. But the family in question here is the British Royal Family. So the family are in the global spotlight and a national institution. It's no fucking wonder many people don't like her.

Last edited:
I got zero interest in cars and vroom vroom culture. I started watching Clarkson's Farm randomly one day on Amazon not even realizing he's that guy. Found it really entertaining.

What I'm saying is some of you punks need to be frogmarched through the streets while us sane folk throw feces at you. Shame!

winjer

Gold Member
Bizarre?

She (by her own admission) went looking for famous person to marry like some sort of predator. She then found a pretty dim, gullible one in Harry (who very likely has PTSD or something to boot). And then after marrying him, made so far baseless accusations against his family and by some accounts was very entitled. She also tried to rapidly change the family dynamic to fit her views of the world with little regard to how they felt.

That would be nasty in any family. But the family in question here is the British Royal Family. So the family are in the global spotlight and a national institution. It's no fucking wonder many people don't like her.

True, she is just a gold digger.

Puscifer

Bizarre?

I'm going to be blunt, I don't care about celebrities. But she and him seem to be that "it couple" right now.

But it's hilarious to me that you think ADULT and PRINCE Harry part of the ROYAL FAMILY couldn't use all of his power, public tax dollars and colonialist money to find a Woman he wanted if he felt like it and but he apparently made a bad choice in a Woman because he picked a gold digger? I hate to break it to you, but anyone trying to marry into the royal family or politics largely isn't doing that shit for love, they want the money, fame and power.

My point still stands, touch fucking grass. Everytime I hear about them it's nothing ever positive and it's from people who aren't associated with them. Like, are people here seriously shocked that this dude lost his show after making a paragraph of physical threats to a public figure? Lmao

Last edited:

gioGAF

It still surprises me how many of these people in the media haven't learned not to apologize to the mob.

SaintALia

You don't need to keep quoting it. I know what he wrote. Yes. It was an attempt at satire and he doesn't really hate Megan more than Rose West.

As previously stated, Clarkson has been doing this type of humour for almost 30 years. People who've read one of his books or have come into contact with one of his previous newspaper columns (which again, he's been writing for decades) will understand this.
I simply disagree on the 'satire' bit, but you are free to believe that and it'd be irrelevant to argue about it. Point is that he stepped over a line and this:
"People who've read one of his books or have come into contact with one of his previous newspaper columns (which again, he's been writing for decades) will understand this."
hardly matters when it comes to contract deals with major corporations, unless as I said, you are that indispensable type of person. If he wanted to slag her off, he should have been smarter or more clever about it, instead of doing it in a fit of rage as he himself described. Now he has a couple millions less going forward.

DKehoe

Bizarre?

If people don't want to like Meghan Markle then that's totally fine. Personally I don't have a strong opinion about her either way. But the level of hatred is indeed bizarre. People are saying it's fine to hate her more than someone who tortured and murdered people and sexually abused her 8-year-old daughter.

Top Bottom