• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon kills The Grand Tour and Clarkson’s farm after Jeremy Clarkson spoke the truth about Meghan Markle

GymWolf

The only things I know from them is from memes. What I gather is:
People dislike Meghan because she is annoying, has a holier than thou attitude, likes being the center of attention but then whines about it and Harry is simping for her
Anyway, Harry and Megan like to whine and play victim
They left the Royal family claiming it was mainly because of the stress they were getting from the media and saying they wanted to be more independed
Since going "independent" they've done nothing but desperately seek the attention of the media to whine about the royal family
Harry released a book sparking a new funny meme trend:
a9qn90o_460swp.webp

aXngydD_460swp.webp
This dude was a rebel when he was young, meghan really castrated him...

GymWolf

It's not that at all. He was sacked from the BBC after he punched a producer for Top Gear because his dinner was cold. Then he goes on a mental rant about a former royal - and she should be paraded naked through the streets while people threw shit at her (which is a pretty weird fantasy).

Brands don't want to work with these people. Jeremy Clarkson can 'criticise a noble woman' all he likes, but he just can't expect a platform for it, supported by billion dollar companies who are thinking "Jesus Christ that's fucked up, and it looks like we are endorsing the crazed wet dreams of a nutter"
Is that true? It always looked like an old senile funny idiot to me but that is way out of line...

Burger

Is that true? It always looked like an old senile funny idiot to me but that is way out of line...

As per wikipedia:

In March 2015, Clarkson was suspended by the BBC from Top Gear following a "fracas" with one of the show's producers, Oisin Tymon. It emerged that Clarkson had been involved in a dispute over catering while filming on location in Hawes, North Yorkshire. Clarkson had been offered soup and a cold meat platter, instead of the steak he wanted, because the hotel chef had gone home.

The BBC announced that the next episode of the show would not be broadcast on 15 March. It was later announced through the BBC's website that the network would be likely to drop the remaining two episodes of the series as well in the wake of the incident, which involved Clarkson punching producer Oisin Tymon, who was later treated in hospital. Tymon also said that Clarkson had called him a "lazy Irish cunt". Clarkson's contract with the BBC expired at the end of March, and a previously proposed three-year renewal was withdrawn.

Tams

If people don't want to like Meghan Markle then that's totally fine. Personally I don't have a strong opinion about her either way. But the level of hatred is indeed bizarre. People are saying it's fine to hate her more than someone who tortured and murdered people and sexually abused her 8-year-old daughter.

No one is seriously saying that they hate her more than the murderer and child abuser. They're just being hyperbolic.

As to why though. Well, in the UK at least, they messed with part of the country; an institution. Now, of course quite a few Brits don't like the monarchy, and quite a few don't care. But also, many do and having someone barge in (an American no less) into that is not welcome (to put it politely). Especially when quite a few Americanisms/behaviours aren't viewed as appropriate in the UK.

DKehoe

No one is seriously saying that they hate her more than the murderer and child abuser. They're just being hyperbolic.

As to why though. Well, in the UK at least, they messed with part of the country; an institution. Now, of course quite a few Brits don't like the monarchy, and quite a few don't care. But also, many do and having someone barge in (an American no less) into that is not welcome (to put it politely). Especially when quite a few Americanisms/behaviours aren't viewed as appropriate in the UK.
Except people are saying that what he said is true. It's mad to be speaking that way about her. It's totally out of proportion.

I'm from the UK and personally I'm a bit sick of hearing about this story. But she's not worse than Rose West. The level of hatred is fucking weird.

FmqKofOXEAEM6SK

Spaceman292

Banned
Sucks because he made their best content. Hopefully some one intelligent will pick up season 3 of the farm show.

Amazon paid them a lot of money to drop him. Wild fools.
Someone's going to snap him up immediately. His farming stuff was too popular. Amazon grabbed him like the day after he was fired from the BBC.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Except people are saying that what he said is true. It's mad to be speaking that way about her. It's totally out of proportion.

I'm from the UK and personally I'm a bit sick of hearing about this story. But she's not worse than Rose West. The level of hatred is fucking weird.

FmqKofOXEAEM6SK

Is that chart fucking real? Did they ask senial dementia patients only? One is a literal fucking nonce that paid to fuck under age girls. The other married a minor celebrity who acts annoying and at worst fake crys about stuff.

I'm out, seeing how literally retarded people are angers me.

All the hate directed at Markle is amazing to me. I seem to remember some older articles bashing her race and how she didn't belong in the royal family because of that and her being an American. She gets so much hate and I just don't understand it. Folks in this thread are mind-readers too saying what she THOUGHT and THINKS... None of us lot know her personally... And when someone mentions race, the go-to is to say "she's making it up" or "perpetual victim"... Meanwhile she gets hate like what Clarkson wrote and it's "he's right" ...?
You really can’t understand why she gets so much hate?

It’s very simple: She and Harry personify all that is wretched about this decade. The whining and victimisation is so unseemly, especially from the very wealthy.

Are you American? If so, imagine a Brit marrying the - I dunno - president, then badmouthing everything about your country and it’s institutions. Yes, the royal family is rotten, but they are ours. Only we get to criticise them.

Add in the fact that we have been told to like them and sympathise with them from the top down… nobody (normal) wants to be told what to think. The opposite reaction is completely natural.

She’s a ghoul. He’s a cuck. I want both of them to fall into a Californian sinkhole and stfu forever.

Last edited:
Also I can’t believe this is the real reason they’re getting rid of Clarkson.

If it is though, it shows that cultural power > money.

DKehoe

Is that chart fucking real? Did they ask senial dementia patients only? One is a literal fucking nonce that paid to fuck under age girls. The other married a minor celebrity who acts annoying and at worst fake crys about stuff.

Yup. here's a post from the polling company that produced it talking about how the responses varied by age

It’s very simple: She and Harry personify all that is wretched about this decade. The whining and victimisation is so unseemly, especially from the very wealthy.

Are you American? If so, imagine a Brit marrying the - I dunno - president, then badmouthing everything about your country and it’s institutions. Yes, the royal family is rotten, but they are ours. Only we get to criticise them.

Add in the fact that we have been told to like them and sympathise with them from the top down… nobody (normal) wants to be told what to think. The opposite reaction is completely natural.

She’s a ghoul. He’s a cuck. I want both of them to fall into a Californian sinkhole and stfu forever.

None of this is a problem unless you are a whiner, good god.

Winter John

Gold Member

Are you nuts? You lot should be on your rickety knees thanking that woman for the sacrifices she's made. If she was after money like you all pretend she would've married a Twitch streamer. Those broke ass, hairless freaks you lot worship ain't got shit. She's been reduced to a life of total poverty in some Cali slum. I give it a month before she appears with a neck tatt and a pitbull.

Tams

FmqKofOXEAEM6SK

Do you even know what hyperbole means?

Tams

Both are wretched.

But one may have paid to fuck, what is so far one, possibly underage girl depending on where it happened (and not in comparison to somewhere with no laws on the matter). He's a slimy (but not sweaty) lying creep, but that's probably it.

The other is someone who was largely at least respected, who is now an utter cuck, and who's wife pretty much immediately came in and started causing trouble. Did the British rags play a role? Of course, but she just proved them right. At the moment, publicly it's all still just 'she said, she said' stuff, but I'd say the accusations against Markle are more damning and possibly even worse. We're talking about possibly an off-remark (perhaps by an old person) compared to accusations of bullying of staff and mocking family members.

Wildebeest

Two things.

1. Baby boomers slept with everyone when they were young, and they were much more permissive about relationships with underage girls. These 70s creeps like Saville and Glitter were peak boomer culture.
2. In the UK they were still raised with the culture of deference. In that culture, people who "speak up" against people with higher status are annoying troublemakers, the worst sort of person.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I simply disagree on the 'satire' bit, but you are free to believe that and it'd be irrelevant to argue about it. Point is that he stepped over a line and this:
"People who've read one of his books or have come into contact with one of his previous newspaper columns (which again, he's been writing for decades) will understand this."
hardly matters when it comes to contract deals with major corporations, unless as I said, you are that indispensable type of person. If he wanted to slag her off, he should have been smarter or more clever about it, instead of doing it in a fit of rage as he himself described. Now he has a couple millions less going forward.

I'm not disputing that it was a step too far. It was. But I also know this was an attempt at satire that he's been doing for years.

Do you really believe he hates Megan more than a serial killer? Really?

Two things.

1. Baby boomers slept with everyone when they were young, and they were much more permissive about relationships with underage girls. These 70s creeps like Saville and Glitter were peak boomer culture.
2. In the UK they were still raised with the culture of deference. In that culture, people who "speak up" against people with higher status are annoying troublemakers, the worst sort of person.

Prince pedo has kept his head down. He's a pervert, not stupid. Harry keeps poking his head up at the shooting gallery. I don't doubt your analysis but I think recency bias is part of it. The kind of people who follow this shite have short memories.

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
As long as the media and the plebs are busy talking about the manufactured scandal between the princes and wives not getting along they are not talking about the Royals deep connections and relationships with Jeffrey Epstein.

The amount of tin foil hats around here I'm surprised this isn't obvious. It's also perfectly manufactured around the release of Harry's book.

Last edited:
As long as the media and the plebs are busy talking about the manufactured scandal between the prices and wife, they are not talking about the Royals deep connections and relationships with Jeffrey Epstein.

The amount of tin foil hats around here I'm surprised this isn't obvious. It's also perfectly manufactured around the release of Harry's book.

Bro nobody cared when Hilary knocked on his jail door after giving sleep potions to the guards and strangled him to death.

They don't need to distract. Nobody cares. The machine got away with pretending he killed himself and we all moved on after a week. It is so frustrating.

DKehoe

Do you even know what hyperbole means?
Yes. Clarkson is working his gimmick. It's still weird behaviour. That kind of coverage has also led to things like people thinking that what Harry has done is comparable to (or even worse than) his uncle being a nonce.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
He punched a producer, but it was him that took him to the hospital and publicly admitted to doing so. He never tried to hide it, unlike the BBC that hid Jimmy Savile for decades.
For the BBC board, it's ok if a presenter rapes hundreds of little girls, for decades, as long as it's hidden from the public.

When he punched a producer, it didn't came out of nowhere. Clackson's mother had died some time ago, and that had taken a big toll on him.
And in that day, the team had a grueling long and cold day.
This doesn't excuse what he did, but he never did it out of cruelty.
Remember that when Clarkson was fired, millions petitioned the BBC not to do it. Even the UK Prime Minister signed it.
And when Clarkson left the BBC, a lot of the team left with him out of loyalty and friendship.

And so what if he said nasty things about Meghan Markle. Is she some kind of endangered species? She is not.
She never did anything worthwhile in her life, expect marrying a prince.
The reality is that she managed to make herself look like an eternal victim of racism, so now every white knight wants to defend her honor.

Just look at Amazon, a company that treats it's employees like shit. But say anything about a princess, and they get all high on moral.
This is just full on display of hypocrisy.

BTW, where do you think all the money that Meghan Markle is spending now, came from?
It's from the Royal family. Who made billions in the slave trade, committing genocide and causing mass famines around the world.
She is just another big hypocrite, pretending to be some huge victim, while personally benefiting from some of history's worst crimes against humanity.
Prince Harry Mic Drop GIF

StormCell

Hopefully someone else has the guts to pick him up and it pays off. Still, if you're going to work in a large public role that represents a bigger brand, you should probably never say anything unkind about anyone. Even if it were the truth. It's just bad for business, and brands don't appreciate any sort of negativity even about their biggest competitors.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Isn't the Royal family paid by tax dollars? They don't actually have historical wealth anymore, right? They basically have an allowance?

Amory

Eh. He's still going to make Season 3 of Clarkson's Farm and some more Grand Tour episodes, so there's not much here to be upset about.

Fuck Harry and Meghan though. Never had to hear so much royal family BS as I have in the last couple years.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Isn't the Royal family paid by tax dollars? They don't actually have historical wealth anymore, right? They basically have an allowance?
They own lots and lots of land.

They have some wealth because JK Rowling is the only Brit wealthier than the royal family. But most of their wealth is tied up in land and buildings. ALthough if they have been running the government for a few hundred years and don't have a ton of cash somewhere, I wonder what they are even doing.

daveonezero

Banned
Eh. He's still going to make Season 3 of Clarkson's Farm and some more Grand Tour episodes, so there's not much here to be upset about.

Fuck Harry and Meghan though. Never had to hear so much royal family BS as I have in the last couple years.
And they will probably make a deal after all this blows over

Tams

Yes. Clarkson is working his gimmick. It's still weird behaviour. That kind of coverage has also led to things like people thinking that what Harry has done is comparable to (or even worse than) his uncle being a nonce.

As I've already pointed out in this thread, Andrew might not actually be a nonce. An arrogant, lying, unremorseful creep? Yes. A nonce? Perhaps not and using that term does make it sound like what he did was even worse than what he is accused of.

And Harry being a massive cuck who's prepared to publicly humiliate his family (royal or not doesn't matter) is pretty big. Is family not the closest bond you have?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
They have some wealth because JK Rowling is the only Brit wealthier than the royal family. But most of their wealth is tied up in land and buildings. ALthough if they have been running the government for a few hundred years and don't have a ton of cash somewhere, I wonder what they are even doing.
?? The royals dont run the govt. They have no power. In fact, the govt routinely used to keep them from marrying divorces back in the day.

Prince Charles does have a lot of money because he was smart enough to invest, but the rest just own property.

SaintALia

I'm not disputing that it was a step too far. It was. But I also know this was an attempt at satire that he's been doing for years.

Do you really believe he hates Megan more than a serial killer? Really?
I disagree on the satire bit.

But I'll give you the benefit of a doubt. If someone says that they hate someone, claim they are vile or whatever, and makes a comparison to another horrible person and apologise for it, the first thing they do is retract their statements and say they don't actually hate the person and that the comparison was wrong or a bit mean spirited.

I haven't seen or read all his apologies, so if you may, if he does not dislike her, does he apologise specifically for the comparison or say that he does not hate her, in any apology? In the apologies I've seen, he apologises for the 'sexism' and the Game of Thrones bit, but again, maybe I missed it and you can quote something here from him to set me straight.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

But I'll give you the benefit of a doubt. If someone says that they hate someone, claim they are vile or whatever, and makes a comparison to another horrible person and apologise for it, the first thing they do is retract their statements and say they don't actually hate the person and that the comparison was wrong or a bit mean spirited.

I haven't seen or read all his apologies, so if you may, if he does not dislike her, does he apologise specifically for the comparison or say that he does not hate her, in any apology? In the apologies I've seen, he apologises for the 'sexism' and the Game of Thrones bit, but again, maybe I missed it and you can quote something here from him to set me straight.

Why do you disagree that it was an attempt at satire? Why do you believe Clarkson hates Megan more than Rose West?

Tams

Sorry, but no one should ever have to retract saying they hate someone. It's a right to be able to hate someone and a personal feeling. Vile things should be retracted if not earnt by the person, but we are free to hate whomever we want.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Sorry, but no one should ever have to retract saying they hate someone. It's a right to be able to hate someone and a personal feeling. Vile things should be retracted if not earnt by the person, but we are free to hate whomever we want.
People hate people all the time. Like mods people hate mods. They know they would do better than any mod has ever done, but they would face the hate. And hating mods isn't wrong, but if you say vile things about them, it can get you banned. I don't hate the mods, but I know some of you do hate mods. You should repent and not say mean things about the mods. they are doing their best.

SaintALia

Why do you disagree that it was an attempt at satire? Why do you believe Clarkson hates Megan more than Rose West?
Because he literally said so, and has a history of not being particularly fond of her in general and not actually apologising for saying he hated her from what I saw and read and it doesn't read like satire.

But I was giving you the benefit of the doubt to prove it was satire that simply went over the line since I don't actually follow him and I may have missed any statements regarding that.

SaintALia

I never said he had to retract anything, but the person I responded to claimed it was satire and that he(Clarkson) didn't hate her. So I asked him to provide some quotes or statements that back that up, because maybe I did miss something.

He(Clarkson) is indeed, and anyone for that matter, free to hate anyone they choose, but that's not the actual point of contention in this back and forth between me and the other poster(IDKFA).

Last edited:
Top Bottom