• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X3D 6-core CPU with 3D V-Cache is reportedly coming

Leonidas

Glad to see it, if true.

Now that 5800X3D can be had for $289, I wonder what they'd price this at...

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Sorry but I hate this.

5800X3D was special because it was the only 3D CPU, and it just trounced the other CPUs. It even stood its ground against 7000 CPUs.

Now it’s like Oprah Winfrey handing out 3D tags. You get a 3D and you get a 3D, and none of them are as special as that 5800X3D.

It’s just a name now, like “ti” on the back of a GPU.

Spyxos

Sorry but I hate this.

5800X3D was special because it was the only 3D CPU, and it just trounced the other CPUs. It even stood its ground against 7000 CPUs.

Now it’s like Oprah Winfrey handing out 3D tags. You get a 3D and you get a 3D, and none of them are as special as that 5800X3D.

It's just a cpu, it's nothing special. It doesn't matter what they call it.

SABRE220

Sorry but I hate this.

Bro its a cpu...from the same company why are you mad fellow amd users who couldn't afford it can get good gaming performance...you have a legit concerning thought process.

Could be a way to salvage some 5800x3d chips that had some flaw, but still had 6 usable cores.
I'm sure this is case.

Unless they made too many 5800X3D, want to do away with them but don't want to eat away from their current prices and next gen parts.

I could see that coming into full force next year/if Zen4 sales were picking up, but not right now. I the impression 5800X3D is selling well still.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
For people who do not want to upgrade motherboard+ram but only the Cpu?
Just buy a 5800X3D then? It's cheap, more powerful, and will last a good few years yet.

Only reason I can see this happening is if AMD has some chips left over that couldn't be sold as 5800X3D but could pass for a 5600X3D.

Spyxos

Just buy a 5800X3D then? It's cheap, more powerful, and will last a good few years yet.

Only reason I can see this happening is if AMD has some chips left over that couldn't be sold as 5800X3D but could pass for a 5600X3D.
5600X3D will be cheaper.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Sorry but I hate this.

681576._SX540_.jpg

You need more problems in your life so you can expend energy hating things that actually matter to you.

P.S
You do know the first and most common type of Ti GPUs were/are mid/low end xx50/60Ti?
So if thats your analogy AMD are on point, make low end X3Ds for people who dont need cores but need gaming performance.
Cant wait to see the benchmarks of this thing vs base 7600.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
I'm still waiting on that 5950X3D though.

I have a 5900X on a high-endish X570 motherboard and 128GB DDR4. I'm not going to upgrade to AM5 anytime soon.
In fact I'm likely to wait for AM6. Especially if I can upgrade to a CPU that gives me the productivity of a 5950X and the gaming performance of a 5800X3D.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Bro its a cpu...from the same company why are you mad fellow amd users who couldn't afford it can get good gaming performance...you have a legit concerning thought process.

I’m not mad. I’m just saying there’s nothing special about the “3D” label now. It’s been watered down.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I'm still waiting on that 5950X3D though.

I have a 5900X on a high-endish X570 motherboard and 128GB DDR4. I'm not going to upgrade to AM5 anytime soon.
In fact I'm likely to wait for AM6. Especially if I can upgrade to a CPU that gives me the productivity of a 5950X and the gaming performance of a 5800X3D.
I'd have said this will never happen but if AMD are selling a 5600X3D then who knows.

Ride out your 5900X until you're ready to upgrade. It's not a bad CPU.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
All the people with an i3 should not buy Pc parts?
See my edited comment. The 5800X3D is a CPU from over a year ago and if $50 is make or break then it's stupid to hold off a year or more to save yourself $50 and if you can't budget +$50 in a year then go buy a console to play games.

And it's not like you're upgrading a full PC or multiple parts. You're literally only buying a new CPU.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
The 5600X and 5800X were 150 dollars apart.
Thats a graphics card tier for negligible gaming gains vs the GPU upgrade.

The 5600X3D and 5800X3D wont MSRP 50 bucks apart.
I have no idea what the prices were but it was Spyxos Spyxos who brought up the $50. If it comes down to $50 then you're better with the 5800X3D.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
There are always new people building a pc right now.
I know. My first PC budget was $1,000 but if it came to $1,050 (5% more) i'd not have made much a difference. I'd have held off another week or two or three or four if it meant that the extra $50 got me a better part.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

And I went with your example. If the difference is $100-200 then I might take a different view.
Come on man, be serious.
It wont be a 50 dollars difference MSRP.

An r5 and an r7 being 50 bucks apart?
Use your head man.

Leonidas

Come on man, be serious.
It wont be a 50 dollars difference MSRP.

An r5 and an r7 being 50 bucks apart?
Use your head man.
MSRP is irrelevant at this point isn't it? 5800X3D hasn't been at it's $450 MSRP since the first few months it launched.

You can easily buy 5800X3D for over $150 off MSRP today. 5800X3D has been available for over $100 off it's MSRP most of it's life.

Black_Stride

MSRP is irrelevant at this point isn't it? 5800X3D hasn't been at it's $450 MSRP since the first few months it launched.

You can easily buy 5800X3D for over $150 off MSRP today. 5800X3D has been available for over $100 off it's MSRP most of it's life.

Any reason the same wont be true for the 5600X3D?

Leonidas

Any reason the same wont be true for the 5600X3D?
Anything could happen. 5800X3D is the best selling CPU on Amazon now that it's down to $289.
If the 5600X3D is priced correctly it should also sell well and might not need as drastic of price cuts as the 5800X3D saw.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Of course but you might as well buy a 5800X3D.

It costs at least $350 where I live. It's just too much considering I just bought a 4070 for airport parking price. Nvidia is fisting EU in the rear.

Now let's see what 5600x3D brings in terms of price over here!

It costs at least $350 where I live. It's just too much considering I just bought a 4070 for airport parking price. Nvidia is fisting EU in the rear.
And then you see headlines saying that GPU sales are down in the dumps.

One has to wonder if Nvidia wants to fuck up the market to have an excuse to sell soldered stuff or AI products.

They actually have this many leftover 6 core 3D dies they want to get rid of? I guess yields for EPYC really aren't that great...
It could be something akin to a paper launch.

As others are saying, I don't envision a lot of people buying these when they can buy a 5800X3D instead.

8 cores is a bit more future proof, seeing they at least match the core count you have on PS5 and XSS/XSX than a 6 core processor is.

Tsaki

Wait why is everyone talking about 5800X3D chiplets? Those don't exist. There are 8 core (or in this case 6 core) Zen 3 chiplets which then are bonded with the 3D V-Cache. They don't come already bonded from the wafer.

Last edited:

phant0m

Sorry but I hate this.

It’s not too late to delete this

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
And then you see headlines saying that GPU sales are down in the dumps.

One has to wonder if Nvidia wants to fuck up the market to have an excuse to sell soldered stuff or AI products.

They don't even need an excuse. They just don't care anymore.

Battlemage sure is going to be interesting.

Top Bottom