• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMDs 7000 series graphics cards hits almlost 4GHZ

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
3xxx series will perform crap on future rt games. Even a 3080 can't handle rtx decent on most games. So what u are saying doesn't make sense.

And with a 6800 xt or 6900 xt will don't need dlss or fsr. The only game 3080 or 6800 xt can't handle native 4k@60 is cyberpunk.
You do realize you can use RT and DLSS (or FSR) together, right? Then 4K + RT is perfectly playable on a 3080.

Let me guess, you don’t want to play it that way and nobody else should, either.

This sucks, so I could buy a 4000-series and then this comes out afterwards and is better in every way for probably less money, but I can't wait to see both because I risk not being able to get the 4000-series at a reasonable price if the 7000-series is all mouth and no trousers. Or will the 7000-series be out before the 4000?

I guess I'm overthinking it actually, since if I buy a 4000 card and then price balloons but AMD is better some weeks/months later I can just sell the nvidia card and buy the AMD day one.
Lmao

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Yuuupppp

I was on that underdog train since ATI days, way back in late 90’s.

Oh, wait till AMD’s unified drivers
Oh, wait for AMD’s (insert name I have forgotten because it was irrelevant) drivers
Oh, wait when computing will be important, clearly an advantage!

Etc etc. At Pascal I switched to Nvidia.

RDNA 2 has the same kind of wild rumours too before official specs. Forums had like BVH performances that would be 4 times Nvidia’s ! OMG, it’s gonna crush Nvidia when console games with ray tracing get portes to PC and made for AMD.. 4GHz? I think my Taiwanese uncle that sees samples of AMD saw that number! Oh my gosh!

It’s all crap till we see unveilings (Nvidia rumours too btw, same nonsense), and then even until we test them.

But yes!!! This is the one. This is the time that Nvidia somehow makes the mistake of not going MCM (they aren’t too good with architecture/cost optimization), that competition gets a quantic universe siphoning for out of nowhere clocks, less heat and less wattage, literally breaking the laws of physics. Oh they also sit on their throne and stopped R&D (as usual Nvidia!!) and make some intel / Ryzen analogy to all that, somehow.

Poor Nvidia

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF
Lol yup. It was the same way with CPUs for over a decade. I remember when Core 2 Duo launched it was:

“It’s not fair to compare Intel’s new CPU to AMD’s old one! Wait for next gen!” (Never mind that second gen A64X2/ socket AM2 JUST came out a couple months prior)
“K8L is gonna have NATIVE quad core and reverse hyper threading, Core 2 Quad is just a stopgap because it’s 2 dual core chips glued together”
“Pretty soon devs will get better at multithreaded programming, then AMD will have the advantage”
“PS4/X1 use AMD, pretty soon games will be optimized for AMD CPUs”
“They CONFIRMED FX series has higher performance/clock than Sandy Bridge”

I mean come on. I’d love for AMD to do to Nvidia what they did to Intel but I’m not holding my breath.

Buggy Loop

Nvidia has strained relationships with there customers and now this?

Uh?

There’s only one brand of the last GPU gen that is creeping up in steam hardware surveys. AMD is not even close. So who is providing GPUs to customers? What is being strained? Price? Both camps are high price. Availability? Clearly Nvidia provided according to stats on both Steam and 3dmark, even so much so that they have overstock now that there’s a crypto crash and peoples are waiting on 4xxx series.

PjDCAUgevSfdoJP2wthrC-1024-80.jpg.webp

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-rtx-most-popular-according-to-steam

A year ago, and it doesn’t seem like the trend changed

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce...-radeon-rx-6000-rdna-2-steam-hardware-survey/

So what strain?

Last edited:

sendit

Uh?

There’s only one brand of the last GPU gen that is creeping up in steam hardware surveys. AMD is not even close. So who is providing GPUs to customers? What is being strained? Price? Both camps are high price. Availability? Clearly Nvidia provided according to stats on both Steam and 3dmark, even so much so that they have overstock now that there’s a crypto crash and peoples are waiting on 4xxx series.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce...-radeon-rx-6000-rdna-2-steam-hardware-survey/

So what strain?

Why did you post this? It doesn't fit the narrative of AMD gaining market share in the GPU space.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Uh?

So what strain?
Nvidias customers are AIBS not us.. well some is us and thats part of the problem.

//DEVIL//

Problem with amd is their ray tracing . Far 2.0 and 2.1 are more than enough for me in terms of handling upscaling . I don’t have an eagle eye to spot a grass so far away if it’s very pixelated and I don’t care either lol.

But ray tracing on amd sucks. And even if they have a proper ray tracing tech. The game needs to support it properly. And that’s where AMD is in trouble . They don’t do good marketing like nvidia does when securing games on pc.

Also. Their decoder for anything like adobe premiere and vmix sucks when it comes to recording and exporting . There is a reason why in editing people go nvidia no questions asked ( or of course apple ).

Amd needs to get their shit together

flying_sq

Telling you guys, if possible, buy a GPU at Microcenter and get the warranty. You get 2 years to return it no questions asked, money back, and you can buy the warranty again. Best deal in PC gaming.

Banned
Problem with amd is their ray tracing .

indeed. their RT is currently pretty trash, if RDNA3 doesn't bring a big jump here they will still have no chance against Nvidia

Far 2.0 and 2.1 are more than enough for me in terms of handling upscaling . I don’t have an eagle eye to spot a grass so far away if it’s very pixelated and I don’t care either lol.

the issues with FSR2 are close to the camera tho, not far away grass detail.
the biggest issues FSR2 currently has are disocclusion and fast motion.

with a smaller issue being the performance impact being higher

Top Bottom