• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

I NEED Yarn Poochy, he looks so much like my bulldog TJ!

VHtikWc.jpg

BTW Diggeh, when you are adding the new Sanrio Animal crossing amiibo cards, you might want to change the date of series 1s realese date from 2016 to 2015.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Showed my friend the Zelda ones. His level of excitement increased when I showed the WW set, then OoT, then the 8-bit one. Should've probably ordered another of 8-bit Link as a b-day present.

....but now I need to figure out how to display these new Zelda ones. At least now that there's a new Toon Link, all I need to worry about to complete the Smash roster is Robin & the Mii Fighters.

MADGAME

Anyone have a NIB NA Wolf Link Amiibo for trade? I have a Gold Mario to swap, NA NIB. PM me if interested.

Asking here because the trade thread hasn't had a post since June. I have +3 feedback there if that matters.

Neoxon

Anyone have a NIB NA Wolf Link Amiibo for trade? I have a Gold Mario to swap, NA NIB. PM me if interested.

Asking here because the trade thread hasn't had a post since June. I have +3 feedback there if that matters.
Gold Mario is getting a restock, soon.

The_Kid

So a couple of my amiibo got scuffs on them and I'm trying to figure out how to clean them without taking the paint off.

I figured out Windex Antobacterial doesn't have any ammonia or alcohol in it. That would be the real issue for these things, right?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
BTW Diggeh, when you are adding the new Sanrio Animal crossing amiibo cards, you might want to change the date of series 1s realese date from 2016 to 2015.

Shh, I was fixing that! The Pokken logo cut off the bottom halves of the dates, so I replaced them but accidentally put 2016 and I was too lazy to edit it and the Sanrio cards and pls

Zubz

Banned
Wait, the Zelda ones are already sold out? The original's the only one I really got into (Besides Link's Awakening); I kinda wanted that 8-Bit one...

I thought I was out, but I'm a sucker for Amiibo.

ChrisD

Shoot, the new Zelda line may actually be rare? I told my Uncle that there's no need to pre-order them because stock should be fine, just as it has been for what, a year now? Hrrrmmmm.

Hope it's just an early OoS thing? All I can really do.

I was just going to walk in to GS when they launch and buy then. I had to go and tell him it'd be best to do the same.

ZeroX03

Banned
The Link amiibo was the most popular in the US and second in EU, and the Zelda Smash line has seen reprints. I'm sure they'll stock it well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The Link amiibo was the most popular in the US and second in EU, and the Zelda Smash line has seen reprints. I'm sure they'll stock it well.
Agreed, I wouldn't be surprised if these were made in response to the Link sales in US & EU.

Considering how neat Wolf Link amiibo's functionality is in BotW, I wonder what the others will be used for, but I imagine it'll be like TP HD with just stuff like "here's more hearts & ammo"

maxcriden

Holy crap, when did the adorable Kirby amiibos become so cheap? We got Kirby at Target for $9ish last night and I'm getting the others Amazon now for $4-5 each.

ETA: is it reasonable to think the Olimar and Bowser Jr. ones will get any cheaper?

Or Diddy Kong?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Diddy Kong might since he's getting a new version in Nov. with the other new Mario series ones.

Debating if I should just wait on Wario again, considering the last time I did that, he was nowhere to be found, but considering this is the classic look, maybe he'll be easier to find.

Zalman

I find it interesting that the new Zelda amiibo are branded as the "30th anniversary" line. I bet they will eventually get reprinted in the coming years without that logo. I also wonder if they plan to release more. There are so many Zelda amiibo they could do.

PtM

Banned
I find it interesting that the new Zelda amiibo are branded as the "30th anniversary" line. I bet they will eventually get reprinted in the coming years without that logo. I also wonder if they plan to release more. There are so many Zelda amiibo they could do.
What could tingle your fancy?

Blues1990

Agreed, I wouldn't be surprised if these were made in response to the Link sales in US & EU.

Considering how neat Wolf Link amiibo's functionality is in BotW, I wonder what the others will be used for, but I imagine it'll be like TP HD with just stuff like "here's more hearts & ammo"

I think it would be awesome if you scan the 8-Bit Link figurine, you'll unlock a BOTW demake that uses the NES Zelda's engine. Alternatively, you can play as pixel Link in place of BOTW Link.

illadelph

If you told me a few years ago that there would be official merchandise for Poochy from Yoshi's Island...well, I wouldn't believe you

what a time to be alive

I didn't see a main thread about it, or maybe I missed it, but

"Nintendo Won’t Rule Out Amiibo Support for Future Smartphone Games"

In an interview with IGN, Nintendo Creative Fellow Shigeri Miyamoto said the Japanese game maker was interested in using Apple’s NFC technology with amiibo, the company’s toys-to-life platform.

“There's nothing we can announce today but It’s certainly an area we’re interested in,” Miyamoto said, “and today Apple announced some new news about their NFC technology.”

I think it might be easy to implement if I'm not getting my types of wireless tech missed up. I know Skylanders with light up parts can be activated by the NFC in phones, and surely they can read that data too, right? It'd be cool to have some sort of mobile collection of your amiibos, you could show to friends and stuff and show it off while you're out. And the little metal things in the packages would still prevent people from scanning them in the store and stuff.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
The Smash line sucks compared to the ones we're getting now though. I want them to redo all the characters.

The initial couple waves, maybe, but later Amiibos like Robin, Lucina, Ike, Ganondorf, Olimar, Duck Hunt Duo and Ryu look fantastic.

We mostly just need a redo on Smash Link, and we're getting a bunch of new versions of Link anyway, so it's fine.

KingBroly

Banned
The initial couple waves, maybe, but later Amiibos like Robin, Lucina, Ike, Ganondorf, Olimar, Duck Hunt Duo and Ryu look fantastic.

We mostly just need a redo on Smash Link, and we're getting a bunch of new versions of Link anyway, so it's fine.

Link
Samus
Peach

are the 3 that need to be re-worked a bit IMO

Zalman

I wanted a new Fox (along with Falco, Peppy and Slippy), but that didn't happen. ;_;

PtM

Banned

I dunno, Ike's eyes are weirding me out. It looks like I'm not alone with that, or he wouldn't be 6€. They should have given him eyes like Ryu's (who's 6€, too, nonetheless! WTF? I paid double that!).

Top Bottom