• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Link
Samus
Peach

are the 3 that need to be re-worked a bit IMO

I think Samus looks cool. I agree with you on Peach, though.

I dunno, Ike's eyes are weirding me out. It looks like I'm not alone with that, or he wouldn't be 6€. They should have given him eyes like Ryu's (who's 6€, too, nonetheless! WTF? I paid double that!).

The price reflects the overall (lack of) demand for Amiibos, not the quality of specific figures.

maxcriden

img_20160909_13405305nokgr.jpg

I'm not sure what happened but suddenly my wife really likes amiibo. We were at Target the other day and got Kirby on clearance for $9. She wanted Waddle Dee and Dedede but only on sale. Those and Metaknight were $5 apiece or so on Amazon so today when she waa like "we really need more amiibo" I told her to open the package from Amazon and she was psyched. She doesn't want to open them though. She was telling me she wants a Yoshi in particular, any good deals on those lately? I'm sure she'll want an Olimar but just doesn't know it exists.

I'm not sure what happened but suddenly my wife really likes amiibo. We were at Target the other day and got Kirby on clearance for $9. She wanted Waddle Dee and Dedede but only on sale. Those and Metaknight were $5 apiece or so on Amazon so today when she waa like "we really need more amiibo" I told her to open the package from Amazon and she was psyched. She doesn't want to open them though. She was telling me she wants a Yoshi in particular, any good deals on those lately? I'm sure she'll want an Olimar but just doesn't know it exists.
Did you buy your wife the latest Style Savvy by any chance? It is amiibo compatible. (Although I'm sure she'd be more willing to open them if that were the case!)

It is so awesome when your spouse or partner gets enthusiastic about your hobbies though, congrats man! Also, Pink Yarn Yoshi is often heavily discounted at Walmart?

leroidys

Is there a site/wiki that has a comprehensive list of amiibo functionality? Trying to decide if it's worth opening some of my Smash line.

PtM

Banned

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think it's all the Smash characters up to that games release (excluding the 3rd party) + Splatoon for Chibi-Robo.

Yeah, almost nothing supports Pokémon, which is kind of lame. I know the rights situation is... unique... but still.

GameFreak needs to a shoehorn in a dumb amiibo mode/feature to give my Pokémon amiibo more use. Let me unlock a Pikachu hat or a Charizard doll for my room, lol.

leroidys

From OP: http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/compatibility/

It doesn't tell which amiibos give a figurine for Chibi Robo, though. Maybe there's more missing. Try amiibo.wikia.com or an IGN wiki for suplemental information, if you need it.

Also this:
http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_amiibo?useskin=monobook&handheld=yes

Thanks, I guess I was looking for something more specific, like all amiibo are compatible with Woolly World for example, but many of them just give a generic "amiibo" costume. I could look up games specifically, but I was wondering if there was a resource where you could look up "Captain Falcon Amiibo" for example, and see what it does in every game it's compatible with.

PtM

Banned
Thanks, I guess I was looking for something more specific, like all amiibo are compatible with Woolly World for example, but many of them just give a generic "amiibo" costume. I could look up games specifically, but I was wondering if there was a resource where you could look up "Captain Falcon Amiibo" for example, and see what it does in every game it's compatible with.
IGN wiki seems to be incomplete, but it's still more detailed than others, and per-amiibo.

ssbwiki looks nice, per-game though.

I also found this, per-game too:
https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=@moldyclay+Chart

This made me chuckle on Amazon UK:
zuzf83q.png

Waluigi is it's own platform!?
NX name confirmed?

Boring explanation: Actually, it is just the odd way Amazon listed related products and for some reason the other Super Mario amiibo are listed there but rather than list their name it lists them as Nintendo Wii U instead.

I'm so damn jealous of this guys room
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh6129kKY_c

I like how he just casually reveals how he bought some of them twice near the end haha.

I 'only' have 26 myself. I originally set out to only get the ones I really really like, but lately I've been getting some just because as well.
Or well, not just because as I do like all of them, just not to the point where I think that I"d consider them must haves if the collector bug hadn't caught me.

Just noticed how small my gamecube games collection has become. I really regret giving a lot of those games away to my cousin... oh well.

Oh hey I thought someone might have posted it but no one did.

The other day we saw our first look at the MH Stories packaging.

Cs4BRY0XEAQw23V.jpg:large

THIIIIICCCC

I'm still really hoping we get these over here... I mean, they've gotta translate Stories at this point, right? pls? ;-;

THIIIIICCCC

I'm still really hoping we get these over here... I mean, they've gotta translate Stories at this point, right? pls? ;-;

Oh wow, that looks great.

The amiibo I mean, I personally don't care about the backaging and always just throw those out (sorry :p)

I really really really hope they bring MH Stories to the west. MH Stories x Zelda looks so amazing and the gameplay looks fun too...

I'm so damn jealous of this guys room
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh6129kKY_c

I like how he just casually reveals how he bought some of them twice near the end haha.

I 'only' have 26 myself. I originally set out to only get the ones I really really like, but lately I've been getting some just because as well.
Or well, not just because as I do like all of them, just not to the point where I think that I"d consider them must haves if the collector bug hadn't caught me.

I really like that whole display

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

THIIIIICCCC

Monster Hunter has been doing very well overseas lately, so I wonder why they keep prolonging an announcement for the game itself? It did like just come out in Japan itself, so maybe they were just waiting for that.

zroid

Banned
Well it doesn't seem like anyone's going to be keeping their Monster Hunter Stories amiibo in their boxes :lol

DontBlink

Question to those who use Michael's baseball display, did you use any method to prevent the figures from sliding around? I don't plan to flip the case around, but would like to prevent any movement either way. I tried glue dots, but the bases are not flat and the glue doesn't event reach the surface of the display.

Boogiepop

I wish they would just make regular MHG amiibos of some of the best monsters. I hate that little kid on top of the Rathalos

For whatever it's worth, there's actually a line for if you just want figures of the monsters in (roughly) that scale: the Capcom Figure Builder line. I actually just picked up a ton of them myself. The catch is that they're in blind boxes, but the thing is if you buy a complete box off of AmiAmi or wherever, you'll get one of each figure in that set. So you can't really pick and choose as easily, but they work out to being cheaper than amiibo on a by-figure basis. Of course they have no game functionality, though, if that's why you're primarily interested in such things.

But yeah, they're really nice little figures that can be easy to miss out on paying attention to thanks to the "blind box" thing, but if you're an MH fan, they're definitely worth a look.

capcom-figure-builder-monster-hunter-standard-model-plus-the-bes-462317.1.jpg

Top Bottom