• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 15.8%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 46 22.0%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 78 37.3%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 9 4.3%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 40 19.1%

• Total voters

STARSBarry

Gold Member

God damn I didn't budget this in this month... fuck it, this thing is absolutely sublime. By far my favorite of the franchise, this includes both the OVA and Movie editions, both include additional scenes... for some reason the movie cuts out one of the best combat scenes in the entire of macross from the start but adds additional context scenes throughout, happy to have both versions on Blu-ray.

I fell in love with Sharon Apple as a kid, top tier Waifu who does nothing wrong and just wants to be loved.

Sfp2k37.gif

Last edited:
I watched it when it was first out on Adult Swim back like 20 years ago when I was in highschool. I still consider it my favorite anime of all time. Especially since it's basically what I want from a Cyberpunk Anime. I have to rewatch it sometime. I have both Seasons and the movie in the boxsets
Wow, what were the odds? Me watching the anime that happens to be your all-time favorite.

I watched episode 17 and holy shit.

The elevator scene was so intense and shocking. And the buildup to it was so good, with these short scenes before that establish the upcoming fallout between Brandon and Harry. Heck, the scene where Harry listens to Brando talk to Big Daddy was so poignant. There is a Guts/Griffith parallel here, with some big differences. Harry wanted Brandon to stay with him, he genuinely cared about him as his bro, but he found himself in a situation where he has no choice but to confront him. Both of them consider the other to have betrayed him, and both of their perspectives are understandable. And after that, Harry still feels guilty about what he did and has a breakdown about. That was really, really good writing.
The transition from realistic setting to fantasy/sci/fi is something rarely seen in fiction, it's another thing that Gungrave has in common with Berserk.

Wow, what were the odds? Me watching the anime that happens to be your all-time favorite.

I watched episode 17 and holy shit.

The elevator scene was so intense and shocking. And the buildup to it was so good, with these short scenes before that establish the upcoming fallout between Brandon and Harry. Heck, the scene where Harry listens to Brando talk to Big Daddy was so poignant. There is a Guts/Griffith parallel here, with some big differences. Harry wanted Brandon to stay with him, he genuinely cared about him as his bro, but he found himself in a situation where he has no choice but to confront him. Both of them consider the other to have betrayed him, and both of their perspectives are understandable. And after that, Harry still feels guilty about what he did and has a breakdown about. That was really, really good writing.
The transition from realistic setting to fantasy/sci/fi is something rarely seen in fiction, it's another thing that Gungrave has in common with Berserk.

I responded to the wrong post meant Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex

clem84

Gold Member
This season of Demon Slayer is pretty slow. I appreciate it for what it is, and I'm sure it will have a purpose, but it is definitely slow compared to previous seasons. Only 8 episodes also.

Only the 1 hour finale left. The last episode looks promising though.

Reading Tenkaichi, another one of them tournament series that's a popular-ish format like Record of Ragnarok. Has the white boy from Nioh and Yasuke in it. It's perfect trashy fun.

Dropped off Record of Ragnarok during Hades fighting that Chinese dude and there's like 3 fights after that now? Might go back.

Top Bottom