• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anita Sarkeesian is tired, closes feminist frequency after 15 years

Peroroncino

Bye Anita, thanks for playing.

I'm surprised it was still going. It was a decent idea, I even enjoyed it at first, I found the deconstruction of some of the more tired tropes interesting. But they quickly lost me by starting to misrepresent some games, and trying to portray them as misogynistic. E.g. I still remember when they were trying to spin Hitman Absolution as female murder simulator by deliberately going after some strippers (basically random NPCs) at a bar.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Animated GIF

FingerBang

I'm surprised it was still going. It was a decent idea, I even enjoyed it at first, I found the deconstruction of some of the more tired tropes interesting. But they quickly lost me by starting to misrepresent some games, and trying to portray them as misogynistic. E.g. I still remember when they were trying to spin Hitman Absolution as female murder simulator by deliberately going after some strippers (basically random NPCs) at a bar.

That's because when you're an activist, there is no end, no matter the side. Because if you stop, the money stops coming in.

Needlecrash

GOOD FUCKING RIDDANCE.

Last edited:

JimmyF

And here I thought they were dead for years. I think a corpse produced more content than they ever did.

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://web.archive.org/web/2023080...nist-frequency-shutting-down-anita-sarkeesian
(Archived...)

The grift is over.

Anita Sarkeesian is tired.

It’s been more than 10 years since Sarkeesian first released Tropes vs. Women in Video Games on YouTube; it’s been 15 years since Sarkeesian’s oldest video and the start of what’s now known as Feminist Frequency. Over the years, she and her team created several groundbreaking YouTube series, hundreds of podcast episodes — done with dozens of collaborators — a games industry-focused support hotline, and a Peabody Award-winning nonprofit organization.

“I’m ending Feminist Frequency because I’m extremely burnt out,” Sarkeesian told Polygon. “I can’t vacation that off. I can’t offload that anymore.”

MiguelItUp

Good. From their sketchy fundraiser campaign (and how they treated their backers), to their "content", I don't really know what was worse. I was never a fan of Anita ever since she obnoxiously stuck her nose into the industry/community. I remember the first time I saw her she was breaking down numerous Nintendo games and characters while talking about how they were misogynistic, etc. Immediately I was like, "Uh yeah, I don't care for this person" lmao.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Throw Zoe Quinn in there as well. (Even though she actually belongs in court, seeing that she bullied a guy into suicide)
That fucking bitch essentially killed a man.
When I asked for a "fair trail and some empathy because we don't know facts and the guys is dead" I was instantly PERMA BANNED from giantbomb live chat and forums. The day GB died for me. 4 years ago

Last edited:
Top Bottom