• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Code: Recollection announced, releasing January 19, 2024 for the Nintendo Switch

Hotel Dusk is tied with A Journey into Lost Memories as peak CiNG for me. I would love to get remakes of the Kyle Hyde adventures, but I'm also so worried about the art direction. They would need to absolutely nail the aesthetic of the original games, no compromises.

If they go for an HD take on the original rotoscoping method I think it'd mostly work. For sure during the panel to panel conversation scenes, but the 2D characters might come across oddly in the 3D environments when you're playing on a big TV screen. If they go for replicating the look of the original in 3D, using shaders to make it look like a pencil sketch, then it absolutely *has* to be top notch and not feel like a clunky transition to 3D in any way. I would not envy the art design team tasked with recapturing the magic of those original games.

Top Bottom