• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Resident Evil x Dead by Daylight crossover - Project W - Trailer

drotahorror

This Chapter features a new Killer – Albert Wesker, The Mastermind – and 2 new Survivors, Ada Wong and Rebecca Chambers. The Raccoon City Police Department Map has also been reworked. Coming soon.

Really hope they did a decent rework of RPD. Map is garbage. Beautiful and detailed but awful to play on for either side imo.

Stopped playing DBD a couple of years ago. I amassed over 3K hours and I wish I could have 2 thousand of those back. Game turned into an absolute shitshow.

Doom85

Surprised Ada and Rebecca are two unique survivors, instead of one being a skin for the other. Hopefully Sheva will be a skin for one of them, but I guess Barry can’t unless they make him one for Leon who was already released a yea or two ago.

drotahorror

Surprised Ada and Rebecca are two unique survivors, instead of one being a skin for the other. Hopefully Sheva will be a skin for one of them, but I guess Barry can’t unless they make him one for Leon who was already released a yea or two ago.

Well anything could happen since James is a skin for Cheryl, the Silent Hill crossover.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Stopped playing DBD a couple of years ago. I amassed over 3K hours and I wish I could have 2 thousand of those back. Game turned into an absolute shitshow.
Didn't you enjoy those two thousand hours you want back?

That's a lot of hours to waste on something not enjoyable.

If you want it back because dit turned into a shit show now, then just keep the good memories.

drotahorror

If you want it back because dit turned into a shit show now, then just keep the good memories.
DBD has been a shit show since launch. Imo you either enjoy the highs and it’s worth dealing with the lows or you just loathe the game.

Definitely have gone through periods of absolute hatred for DBD but I keep coming back and I’m actually enjoying it now off and on for a few months now.

You see now that's the thing. When the game became extremely survivor orientated I still stuck with it, even though I would often play killer, and when I played survivor we would always wreck the competition. No wonder so many people disconnected from matches.

Doom85

You see now that's the thing. When the game became extremely survivor orientated I still stuck with it, even though I would often play killer, and when I played survivor we would always wreck the competition. No wonder so many people disconnected from matches.

The latest update benefited killers generally quite a bit. Which is fine for balancing against survivor teams, but for solo queue folks like myself it‘s a bit much. They need to just implement a general debuff for Survivor teams.

And really, even before that, certain killers like Blight can wipe the floor with even good teams if the killer player is that good. Honestly wish they would not allow Lethal Pursuer (perk: “see all survivors’ auras for 9 seconds at the start of the match”) to be used on certain killers like him, having a killer on your ass less than 5 seconds into a match is just fucking bullshit.

The latest update benefited killers generally quite a bit. Which is fine for balancing against survivor teams, but for solo queue folks like myself it‘s a bit much. They need to just implement a general debuff for Survivor teams.

And really, even before that, certain killers like Blight can wipe the floor with even good teams if the killer player is that good. Honestly wish they would not allow Lethal Pursuer (perk: “see all survivors’ auras for 9 seconds at the start of the match”) to be used on certain killers like him, having a killer on your ass less than 5 seconds into a match is just fucking bullshit.
That's the entire issue with this heap, they don't know what balance is and they won't be able to fix it. You buff the killer then the survivors complain, you do the same in reverse it's the same story. Plus you have to deal with groups of friends over comms and powerful perks, then on top of that you can add the fact that the game isn't extremely difficult and that's what we got.

-MD-

It astounds me that this game is so popular, the gameplay loop wore thin after like 2 matches for me.

What the hell keeps people coming back?

Few of its kind and one of the few successful one of the few? And they have these crossover killers/survivors
There's more asymmetrical games coming out though, with much less jank and higher production, but no crossovers.

It astounds me that this game is so popular, the gameplay loop wore thin after like 2 matches for me.

The loop might be the predictable, but it’s the added layers that makes the game entertaining. The different killers and map layouts, perk combinations and playing with friends. Not to mention the ranking system which many people get a hard-on for. When I first played upon release it was absolutely barebone, you couldn’t even get a match due to no servers. It’s come a long way, good and bad.

Top Bottom