Lots, that's why I'm still single at 33. But now I basically just don't bother anymore. I focus on myself and fuck girls casually from time to time
Revoh, you're still young mate, don't sweat about it and just enjoy doing what you're doing.
I'm in my 40's and these are my "pearls of wisdom" :
- If you've never been married and/or had kids, never engage with divorced people with kids, the kids are always gonna come first and the ex...you're not going to stop hearing about the ex, it's gets tiresome after a while (whether he/she pays alimony, how he/she was always awful during the marriage, how much an asshole he/she is etc etc).
Obviously, that's not always the case but unfortunately it's something that holds true for the majority of cases.
- This is gonna come off as obvious but :
People with "baggage" - if you meet someone and he/she won't stop mentioning things that happened in the past during a previous relationship over and over again...bail out.
- Emotional support ® : we're all human and we've all been through some tough shit but...if you meet someone and most of the time is spent in trying to provide emotional support instead of going out, trying to experience new things and...having sex, bail out, you're no one's shrink, you're not getting paid for it and you most definitely don't need that in your life (on top of your already existing life problems).
- Trying to look good and taking care of yourself is a pretty normal thing to do since most humans are superficial but...if you meet someone and the only points of discussion are if you go to the gym or not, how much time you spend on it weekly, which "cool" shop you do your shopping from, what kind of clothes/brand you like spending money on etc etc...bail the fuck out.
- Regarding being superficial again : if the only points of discussion are your job title, how much you make monthly, what kind of car/bike you drive/ride and the fact that you prefer 5 star restaurants instead of 4 or 3 star ones...bail the fuck out.
Instead - no matter your financial situation - try to find someone that you're on the same wavelength, you can't talk about fucking money and/or job positions all the friggin time, it gets tiresome and boring, try to find someone that is fun, funny, empathetic , can talk about everyday shit, like music, theater, movies, general life experiences, places you'd like to go (preferably together)...you know, simple, everyday stuff.
If you manage to do that...you've found your Unicorn.
These opinions/facts (to me) have always served me well and I can wholeheartedly say that I've never met "bad" women in my life, a couple of "weird" ones ? sure, never bad apples though 'cause i know my limits and always knew when to bail the fook out, not all people are compatible, the thing is to understand that beforehand, it's kind of simple really gents/ladies, know yourself, know where you stand and what you're looking for and good things (i.e "people") will come to you.
I've met my (now) girlfriend 2+ years ago and we couldn't be happier , i like taking care of her and she likes taking care of me, it's like we've know each other for years, this why I always say that people shouldn't sweat about it, when that special someone comes, you'll know it.
Of course , age and experience plays a big part in that but again, there's always that "special" someone for everyone...
Don't despair, don't be clingy with people, just show some patience, respect, gather some experience by meeting people and everything will come to you (almost) automatically after a little while, just don't concentrate on the negative things , take things as they come.