• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple exec quotes the movie ‘Arthur’ on TikTok, loses his job

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Yeah, that’s why I dress like a hobo and drive a modest car, even though I make a good salary.
I want to be invisible to those fuckers, I’ve seen enough peers lose their jobs for posting shit on social media or liking/commenting shit.

Stay away from social media, there’s only benefits to that.
”why are you not on social media supporting the causes we support? Are you against them? If you do not support them you might as well be a nazi and against them”

We enjoyed a period where moderates steered the wheel, now we have two growing stronger and stronger extremists tribes where mmmh… sigh…

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Guy quoted a 1981 movie on a viral TikTok, people get offended and run to HR, he gets fired.

Demolition Man was a prophetic documentary.
Terry Crews I Got A Solution GIF by Idiocracy

Mike Judge Applause GIF by Idiocracy

Its truly Idiocracy levels of what when you get fired for shit like this - Over a fucking tiktok video.
That's the thing right. As soon as you get offended, you can pull all kinds of stunts. Just say you got offended, and ruin someone else's carreer.

This is what happens when you take Woke and make it part of your business.
He wasn’t building a brand and he didn’t say he worked at Apple. Read the article it wasn’t even his TikTok account. It’s a guy who asks people with expensive cars what they do for a living. He quoted Arthur and people at Apple recognized him and went crying to HR
If anything this tells me even more never to buy Apple because this is what happens when you work at Apple. People go snitching because you dare answer a question on a otherwise unrelated TikTok.

Top Bottom