• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arcade Cabinets - Where To Buy?

I recently got the idea into my head that I want an arcade cabinet or two. Nothing fancy, just a couple old school titles like Street Fighter 2, Ninja Gaiden, The Simpsons, etc. Problem is, I can't seem to find any Canadian distributors to buy one off of ... or for that matter, I can't seem to find prices on the cabinets so I know if I can even afford one. Little help?

Atari2600

Too dumb for the internet
Check your paper's classified section. Also, check the phone book under amusement and find some vendors. Lots of them have warehouses with old games that they will sell for cheap. I got the two screen Play Choice 10 for $300, and they even let me take chips out of the other units so I could get the 10 games I wanted. Hell, they even loaded into a truck and delivered the thing for that price.

The sit down Astro City/Blast City cabinets Sega used to make are quite nice and very civilized. I'd love to get one for top view shooters.

Anyanka

Namcoarcade.com has listings of what Namco is selling in each state. You'll mostly find newer games there. You could also check Ebay. I've got many from there.

If you just want to play the games you could get one cabinet and then just swap the boards. You could play SF II, Gaiden and Simpons all in just a SF II cabinet.

robot

I was actually looking to buy an empty cabinet to build a mame machine - seems like comapnies offering mame cabinets were charging waaaay too much money. Seems like local places are the way to go - anyone with some insight on building thier own mame machine please PM me.

Top Bottom