• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you a shower or a bath person???????

So, are you a shower or a bath person?

• shower

Votes: 75 70.1%
  • bath

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • mixture of both

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • I don't take showers nor baths

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I wash myself in the river/lake

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters
I got a friend who exclusively takes baths. I never understood the appeal of baths. It's like you're sitting there in your own filth. Why? What's the point?
I don't think I ever took a bath. I'm a shower guy.
I'm guessing, some of you probably take baths. I'd like to understand the appeal. Why?

So, are you a shower or a bath person? Or a mix of both perhaps?

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Showers for getting clean and washing my hair, and occasionally baths for relaxation. :)

932ee2d7db59b13a9364c0e2bb00612313984f2a.gifv

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
A bath cleans you out more thoroughly than a shower. When you soak all your pores open up more than sprinkling hot water on yourself in a shower.

After a having a thorough bath (a hot soak, followed by a full soaping and rinse), you will get stinky slower for the next few days than if you just took showers. This assumes you continue your normal shower routine in addition to the bath.

I figured this out a long time ago. How are you all so seemingly far behind me?

lachesis

Mostly showers, but bath once in a while when I want to relax.

My favorite type of vacation though... is to visit a Japanese Ryokan for multiple dips in their hot spring (love the open air ones in winter) - really relaxes me like overcooked pasta :) Kaiseki dinner is additional bonus!

Last edited:
A bath cleans you out more thoroughly than a shower. When you soak all your pores open up more than sprinkling hot water on yourself in a shower.

After a having a thorough bath (a hot soak, followed by a full soaping and rinse), you will get stinky slower for the next few days than if you just took showers. This assumes you continue your normal shower routine in addition to the bath.

I figured this out a long time ago. How are you all so seemingly far behind me?

Us big guys actually end up sick if we engage in hot baths too much. Dangerous temps lead to actual body temp shenanigans. Last time I had a bath I felt like a had the flu after for a day. Baths are for women and femboys.

rykomatsu

Shower first, then occasionally bath soak with onsen salts.

Usually around 44C / 111F give or take. Soak for 30-60min, then relaxing in front of a fan feels amazing.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Wash yo hands and yo asshole!

I shower every night before bed.

Lot of Slavs I've met seem to only take showers (and no bathing either) once every week or two. I'd go nuts.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Start with a shower; then I sit down and plug the drain and let the shower itself fill it a bit while the water falls on me.. it's quite pleasant. I switch it to bath here and there so the bath water gets more warm. Then I end with a shower because baths make you sweat and I rinse the sweat and bath grime off of myself.

This is how I've been "showering" for years lol

MaestroMike

Gold Member
showers couple times a week but i wash my hands like crazy multiple times per day they're usually always dry

used to always shower like every day but its a waste of time.

Last edited:
Start with a shower; then I sit down and plug the drain and let the shower itself fill it a bit while the water falls on me.. it's quite pleasant. I switch it to bath here and there so the bath water gets more warm. Then I end with a shower because baths make you sweat and I rinse the sweat and bath grime off of myself.

This is how I've been "showering" for years lol
Exactly this...
I cannot even fathom why people are doing it any other way.

Also, pour yourself a glass of red wine or coffee or Rum before doing that..

Life is great.

mcz117chief

I voted for shower. I do take baths but about once a year, sometimes not even that. You don't sit in your own filth, you shower yourself, then you shower the tub and then you fill it with water, oils, salts, whatever and marinate yourself for a while.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Baths are disgusting.

Why slosh around in your own dirt? Just why?
This is how I feel. Don't like pools or hot tubs for the same reason. Just grosses me out.
Sometimes when I've got an intense cramp and a hot water bottle isn't enough, I'll run a bath, but I'll typically shower off before and after.

also sometimes i shower in daddy's cummies

Gargus

Banned
Shower, I want to be done in 5 minutes.

Occasionally I'll sit in the bath, but that's for when all I care about is sitting in some hot water for a bit because I'm wore out or just one of those winter days where I just can't get warm.

used to like taking baths, but as I get older I found that I can't really deal with baths anymore unless the hot water keeps flowing. I do enjoy the Japanese public baths the couple times I went to those. it's always hot and you can hop into a cold one and then back into the hot one to really wake yourself up. but yeah, shower mainly now a days unless I have the time to go to like a spa or bath house.

H4ze

Shower for sure, mostly because I have no tube, but even with, I would not use it since I am pretty tall with almost 2mtrs. and shit is uncomfortable in usual bathtubes.

Top Bottom