• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are You Being Served? star Trevor Bannister dies aged 76

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripclawe

Banned
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...erved-star-Trevor-Bannister-dies-aged-76.html

article-1377318-005FE89C00000258-322_468x549.jpg
article-1377318-0BA53CEF00000578-311_233x423.jpg

Are You Being Served? star Trevor Bannister has died aged 76, his brother confirmed today.

John Bannister said his actor brother suffered a heart attack yesterday at his allotment in Thames Ditton, Surrey.

The actor was best known for his role as ladies' man Mr Lucas in the 1970s BBC sitcom set in a department store.

John told the BBC: 'He was a good lad, we were all very fond of him.'
John Bannister said his brother had been doing some repair work on his shed when he became ill.

Born in Durrington, Wiltshire, and the youngest of three children, Bannister did two year's National Service before going to the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts.

During his career which spanned five decades, he appeared in TV shows including The Avengers, Dixon of Dock Green, The Saint and Z Cars.

He also made regular appearances in the theatre and in pantomime.
More recently, the actor had a stint in the long-running BBC series Last of the Summer Wine.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...vor-Bannister-dies-aged-76.html#ixzz1JeBbLfam

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Damn, another one bites the dust. I never really watched this show but it was amongst those that my old man watched.

HeySeuss

RIP. Was a pretty funny show and his character was one of the better ones. My Humphries and the old lady were funny too.

RIP

Loved the show. Was not even alive when it first aired, but I looked at nearly all the episode on re-runs.

Mrs. Slocombe's pussy jokes are epic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom