• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you blind? Can you see the difference between these two morrowind shots?

I can't see the difference! They both look boring as sin (god I hate Elder Scrolls games)!

Seriously, though, while there is a huge graphical difference between the two shots, extrapolating it to how next-gen consoles look isn't that fair. Morrowind is running on a game engine that is approaching seven years of age since it probably was "finished" before the game came out, assuming they built the engine first and went from there. It was designed for a lowest-common denominator, variable hardware platform at a time when we didn't even really have pixel shader tech in hardware yet.

Monk

Banned
extrapolating it to how next-gen consoles look isn't that fair

Why not, even if you have pics of todays games blown up from 640 it would have the same effect(a bit more aliasing and blurriness of textures). That's what we will be seeing if the Rev is as weak as I think it is in the sense that it has only enough fillrate to look like a low res version of Xbox360 and PS3 games. I dn't know why it isn't hitting me on the face but probably playing Legend of Mana at 800x600 with antialiasing etc on has something to do with it.

I suppose in another sense that nintendo is pushing back a little of the requirements of gamers as they would probably vomit if they went from 1080p to whatever res NES games are in and thus adding value to the games.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Might I add that I can tell a huge difference and my vision is terrible.

I'm a -7 prescription, and yes that much is corrected now. I have floaters, and maybe flashing lights (little fuzzy specks in my entire field of vision that's more noticable the darker it is). I really need to get that checked because flashing lights means very bad things.

Ranger X

Wow, i thought Sony and Microsoft are a little quick on the HD era and if Monk does not even represent casual people, i can't be convinced more that it is not the time yet for the HD era.

Top Bottom