• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you happy with exclusives this gen? (not including the Switch)

Are you happy with exclusives this gen? (not including the Switch)

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
No.

As a PS5 player, primarily, I feel like we're still trapped in the world of 2017 where all games are merely PS4 games but they may have a few performance perks if one plays them on PS5. they're all basically the same games, only the PS5 version will run at 60 fps and may have some half hearted ray tracing.

I know that I am generalizing things here, but I feel like I am not offbase. Aside from the cool controllers and fast storage this gen feels almost pointless.

Sorry to be a Negative Nancy

Spot on.

Greed has completely hamstrung game development for years now.

Why only make games for the new console, when we can keep making them for the old one too, and PC, and sell so many more copies?!!!!!

Bag of cunts.

Killjoy-NL

No complaints here.
Don't need all games to be exclusive and I liked the ones I've played.

Rather have quality over quantity.

This gen feels like PS3 in that regard. Sony seems to have a couple of heavy-hitters in production for the second half of this gen, so no worries here.

Last edited:

IAmRei

without counting switch, i dont see any interest anymore. i play on PS because i dont want to update my pc yet, and its easier to play this way for me.

StereoVsn

I really liked Ghost of Tsushima, FFVII R&R… and Miles SP1 expansion was alright. GT7 finally got to a really good point and it’s a great racing game now.

Ratchet was ok, no interest in Returnal, Ragnarok, Horizons 2 or SpiderMan 2. I would play Demons Soul on PC if it ever releases.

That’s about it if we are talking about Sony games that came out since 2020.

On Xbox side (if console exclusive)…. Flight Simulator is excellent. That’s it?

Thankfully there have been a metric ton of excellent 3rd party games being released. And the Switch does exist.

Last edited:

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Much of these exclusives save a couple have been low hanging fruit for Sony. Lots of PS4 game rereleases, remakes, etc, not into Marvel so Spider-Man isn’t really that interesting to me. Demon Souls was fantastic and same with Sackboy, Astro, and even Returnal was something different. God of Puzzles was meh. Ghosts doesn’t count it’s a PS4 game. Very happy with my PS5 to play games though. Great machine.

Sonys exclusives on the whole have been underwhelming for me.

Top Bottom