• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Areajugones: The Metal Gear Solid remake for PS5 is real and will be announced soon

A year and a half ago I was hanging out with an artist from bluepoint. I was joking around and digging for specifics about what he was on and the only thing I could get was they're working on a lot of office interiors for their next remake.
Probably mgs, how many old games deserving of remakes have a ton of office interiors?

Didn’t they get the go ahead to make their own original game?

phant0m

is this just the original? or a trilogy like we got for Mass Effect?

and will it be isometric like PSX or 3D (Twin Snakes)?

Davesky

The way the orchestration has been arranged is pretty much clear evidence if real that it’s a Metal Gear Solid 3 remake.

MiguelItUp

Like if they hired Bloober Team to do it?
And much like Silent Hill 2, I'm reserving myself for the same reasons. So yeah, exactly. SH2 is one of my favorite games of all time. MGS is around there too. No point on getting too excited until we see gameplay.

Last edited:

UnravelKatharsis

Gold Member
It’s too synthy and sci-fi aesthetic, I would say more like

In fact I would probably say it’s from the halo jump opening cinematic.

The halo jump music was high octane, fast paced, percussion heavy, action focused. This sounds much more suspenseful. Still it doesn't matter. The music can continue to evolve you're not going to be able to determine which game the music hints at (if it's even hinting at anything) since the main theme was used in all 3 and in a remake all bets are off. Could it be inspired by an evolution of 3's version? Sure. Doesn't mean it's a 3 remake.

Ozrimandias

As the years went by my love for Metal Gear faded to a point where today I find it to be extremely cringe, annoying and very painfully stereotyped.

Interested only to see if Konami can reverse its poor public image. But no more than that, not even if Kojima was involved. Just thinking about the Johnny and Meryl scene in Outer Heaven, or the "Beauty and the Beast" unit, or the Quiet scene, the ridiculous interventions of Code Talker, Vamp, etc. Makes me want to vomit

spinfive

Banned
Whatever it is we haven't gotten a good Metal Gear in a while and I think there is no reason to remake the first game again.

Davesky

The halo jump music was high octane, fast paced, percussion heavy, action focused. This sounds much more suspenseful. Still it doesn't matter. The music can continue to evolve you're not going to be able to determine which game the music hints at (if it's even hinting at anything) since the main theme was used in all 3 and in a remake all bets are off. Could it be inspired by an evolution of 3's version? Sure. Doesn't mean it's a 3 remake.
I didn’t mean the halo jump specifically but the opening cinematic sequence in general. Also, professional orchestration is much different to creating regular music. The small thematic ideas placed within there at the start will then be expanded and manipulated in different ways later in the production. There is very small but clear clues there that it’s for Metal Gear Solid 3.

UnravelKatharsis

Gold Member
I didn’t mean the halo jump specifically but the opening cinematic sequence in general. Also, professional orchestration is much different to creating regular music. The small thematic ideas placed within there at the start will then be expanded and manipulated in different ways later in the production. There is very small but clear clues there that it’s for Metal Gear Solid 3.
We shall see. I'm not saying it's not, I'm saying it could be for any one of them.

RAIDEN1

I mean look at the irony one point in time MGS was one of the flagship titles on the Playstations yet you can't play ANY of them on PS4 and 5 (apart from the debacle that was part 5 which was a barren waste-land of a game...)

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I get this point but in a remake it honestly doesn't matter. Look at FF7 for comparison. Mgs 2 and 3 were evolutions of 1's music. It doesn't mean the soundtrack has to regress and can't continue to evolve.
This, they may just update it to bring it more inline with the Harry Gregson-Williams score.

SSfox

I honestly wish I wouldn't know and discover this during the show, those leakers think they're doing something good but they actually aren't.

SSfox

Exactly !
Man, I miss surprises, the "magic" is lost due to every fucka spoiling /leaking stuff on the web nowadays for their 15 minutes of fame.

Oh well
Yeah, leakers could have just said "a remake of a beloved game" and would be more than enough, but dudes have to spoil it all for the sake of getting attention.

Shubh_C63

Should have come just after Kojima was let go. Would had put Konami in good favors of community.

But no...they made Metal Gear Survive for short term benefits lol

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Is anyone else worried they will change Eva to "modern standards"?
130px-Eva_MGS3.png

RIP, OG Eva

Modern "standards,"
fat_eva_by_aka_fa_d1oq3cu-fullview.jpg

Last edited:

Koppelthorn

Banned
When the time comes for these remakes, while you are playing just keep this in mind (especially for MGS3 remake):

"Otacon later analyzes the VR system and the strange yet advanced piece of technology known as the 'Koppelthorn Engine.' It was invented by Doctor Koppelthorn to be an advanced quantum supercomputational device. Unfortunately, no one knows how the device works or have even met Doctor Koppelthorn. Mei Ling theorizes that the VR system and Koppelthorn Engine don't actually create virtual constructs but instead searches the space time continuum to find parallel universes that satisfies the conditions programmed into the VR system, hence allows the user to observe and interfere with other realities. Mei Ling also theorizes that Gurlugon is acting as a distortion across the space time continuum and affecting the boundaries that separate parallel universes. Mei Ling suggests killing Gurlugon inside the VR system in order to stop the distortions."

- Snake Tales, METAL GEAR SOLID 2: SUBSTANCE

Top Bottom