• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asian Hip-Hop recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard of a Korean outfit 'Drunken Tiger'..not sure whether they rap in English or Korean?
Also in respect to DJ's:
Dj Krush
Dj Honda
as well.....

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Jin was great at Freestyle Friday on 106 and Park. I didn't like his single, but he did a remix of a song with Stacey Orrico and that was hot.

"Ask your girl, she was doing something at my house, as a matter of fact, she had my eggroll and dumplings in her mouth."

"Check your tims, probably say made in China."

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
DJ Krush is an awesome Japanese hip-hop/trip-hop artist. Pick up Ki-Oku or Krush.

Drunken Tiger does both English and Korean and sometimes a mix, but it's not fobby-English; they're all from L.A. If you heard their English only tracks, you probably wouldn't be able to tell they were Korean. The group is composed of like 2 Korean guys, this half-Korean dude, and a Phillipino guy in there too.

They're really good, and it's not at all pop-ish.

For more pop-rap stuff, check out Y.G. Family, which is composed of members Jinusean, 1TYM and Masta Wu. I don't like their stuff as much.

neptunes

profile.jpg

I don't listen to japanese rap but I was checking out the japanese Ipod site and came across this group.

The seem to like like american hip hop.

index.html

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
LMF is cool if you're into strange-sounding Canto Rap mixed in with English cursing.
Some of Jay Chou's songs are pretty good - but many are of the ballad type.

You're gonna have to be more specific..."Asian HipHop". Both "Asian" and "HipHop" encompass a large variety of music.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
M-Flo

Japanese rap with their own style, not copying US hip-hop...

Blackace said:
M-Flo

Japanese rap with their own style, not copying US hip-hop...

It doesn't really get any better than them. But other than m-Flo try Dragon Ash, Rip Slyme (they were the one that did the opening to Gantz), Soul'D Out, Kick the Can Crew and for female hip hop, Heartsdales.

Neo_ZX

Although I don't follow asian hip-hop, M-Flo is probably the only asian rapper that I've heard that doesn't sound ridiculous.

shuri

Banned
I heard this pretty interesting asian rap female artist who seemed to be from Toronto the other day on Much Music. The song was pretty poppy and novetly, but I liked the beats. I cant remember the name of the track, but it was something about *shock* asian pride

XS+

Banned
(All Japan Hip Hop)

Rhymester (and Mummy-D)
K-Dub Shine
Ketsumeishi
DJ Masterkey
And Verbal from M-Flo

shuri said:
I heard this pretty interesting asian rap female artist who seemed to be from Toronto the other day on Much Music. The song was pretty poppy and novetly, but I liked the beats. I cant remember the name of the track, but it was something about *shock* asian pride

I don't know if she'd be on MuchMusic, but it could possibly be AI.

m-flo is awesome. Heartsdales are trashy but fun. Dragon Ash is also very good.

Why has no one mentioned Dragon Ash's secret middle school girl spinoff group, HALCALI!!! They are the bestest!!

Halcali are probably too pop oriented for alot of people. If the poppy style doesn't bother you they're easy to get addicted too.

They've got a new single coming out in September too. Woohoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom