• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Origins is getting 60 FPS support on PS5 and XSX/S starting June 2

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Surprised Series S is getting it aswell, wonder what the resolution will be for it and the others.

Unless ubi are making a bespoke native version, the resolution will be the same as One S for Series S and One X for Series X, just at 60 FPS.

So, 900p 60 FPS for Series S and ~4K 60 FPS for Series X, while PS5 will be ~1600p 60 FPS going by the highest native resolution on PS4 Pro.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Hopefully this is got the resolution treatment as well. No reason this can't do whatever it is Valhalla is doing (so 1800P probably) and that one (and I believe Odyssey) run at a good resolution. Never played Origins but will be interesting to check out, despite being (obviously) spoiled on the ANIMUS storyline from AC:O and AC:V.

im mad confused lol

Probably because that doesn't happen. You only call in allies during raids on a location, and by that point you've broken stealth because you can't initiate a raid and not have the location alerted.

Ovech-King

Gold Member
I don't think that Origins the best of the 3 as much as it's the tightest of the 3 . It came out first , had a fresh interesting premise and setting plus was 70 hours to 100% and it felt right IMO . The problem with Odyssey is that it felt way too similar in setting than Origins (Greece look a lot like Egypt in this case) and it's a bloated 100+ hours with repetitive side missions to 100% it for absolutely no valid purposes. Happy to start a new game of Origins my favorite as well 🤓

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Oh shit, i didnt know. Why did they do Odyssey but not Origins at the time then?. Odyssey did release way before the new consoles.
This is why bad things happen to you. Odyssey has had the 60 fps patch for ages....
giphy.gif

Bojji

it can do native 1080p in this title, most likely, hopefully

Xbox one s:

Xbox One is more aggressive with its scaling - we've only had limited time with the Microsoft code so far, but we've noted 792p, 864p and 900p pixel-counts.

So 864p on average? Using standard "gcn math" you would need more than 2.6TF to run the same resolution in 60fps. To run it with 2x (and 60 fps) higher resolution (1296p) GPU with 5.2TF gcn TF should be enough. With RDNA improvements I think dynamic 1080p is fully possible, maybe even something more.

How long does it take to unlock framerate to 60, less than 2 minutes? Or is this like a remaster with other settings tweaked to match pc version?

yamaci17

I'm thinking native 4K @60 with maxed pc settings at minimum?
not possible

some of you folk underestimate how badly unoptimized maxed settings are. they're useless most of the time, too

these settings would push series s back to 800p 60 fps from a pure, clean native 1080p 60 fps presentation

if you really believe the fidelity max settings is more important than clean, native resolution presentation... then that would explain why I would never get a console to begin with

Last edited:

Hugare

not possible

some of you folk underestimate how badly unoptimized maxed settings are. they're useless most of the time, too

these settings would push series s back to 800p 60 fps from a pure, clean native 1080p 60 fps presentation

if you really believe the fidelity max settings is more important than clean, native resolution presentation... then that would explain why I would never get a console to begin with

Thank you for saving me time and some space from my SSD

I was reminded of the terrible animations, numbers floating from damaging enemies, levels above their heads ... Ugh

Hezekiah

Banned
Unless ubi are making a bespoke native version, the resolution will be the same as One S for Series S and One X for Series X, just at 60 FPS.

So, 900p 60 FPS for Series S and ~4K 60 FPS for Series X, while PS5 will be ~1600p 60 FPS going by the highest native resolution on PS4 Pro.
900p, they should provide a ~45fps option because that's not even going to look good on a 1080p TV.

not possible

Oh wow didn't realize it's that demanding. That card is basically ~new consoles and it's struggling to maintain 60 at 1440p :lollipop_hushed:

nvm beginning is 4k, so just add fsr 2.0 and voila locked 60 at 4k max settings.

Last edited:
Love ac odyssey for how epic it got with the mythological beasts and lore but Bayek is just the best. An actual ac protag with a moral centre.

Fredrik

im mad confused lol
Lol trust me it’s the weirdest immersion killer ever, while you sit there crouching in some bush to not get caught the vikings literally rush in screaming and throwing torches on roofs and cause total mayhem, just because you need extra muscles to open a door, it’s so very very confusing lol

What they really want you to do is just rush in and do the same, without stealth, just blow the horn and call your vikings and burn and plunder.

Question is, why call it Assassin’s Creed then?
I could never get past that.

yamaci17

Oh wow didn't realize it's that demanding. That card is basically ~new consoles and it's struggling to maintain 60 at 1440p :lollipop_hushed:

nvm beginning is 4k, so just add fsr 2.0 and voila locked 60 at 4k max settings.
how about we settle high + 1800-1900p 60 fps !

ps4/xbox one version would definetely lock to a native 4k 60 fps. i think it also looks decent but of course high can be better? i never analyzed the game in terms of fidelity options

not possible

Max settings and high settings in AC Origins looks the same to me, but there's a big difference in performance. With high settings I get 65-90 fps at 1440p on my GTX 1080 2GHz (10TF). XSX/PS5 are much faster than my GTX1080, so something like 1800p60fps high settings should be possible, maybe even full fat 2160p.

But I'm guessing XSX / PS5 will run AC Origins via BC, so Xbox One X (1800p average) / PS4 version (1440p) just with increased fps.

BTW- what's Xbox One X equivalent settings on PC in AC Origins?

adamsapple

This is great and all, but its kind of sad how long it takes to turn a 30fps game to 60fps. You’d think it would be an easy patch and that’s it. I hope this continues to be a focus of Xbox and PS.

It's probably the same reason why Xbox doesn't just put FPS boost on every game. It requires rigorous QA to make sure nothing breaks after an update like this.

Hoddi

It's probably the same reason why Xbox doesn't just put FPS boost on every game. It requires rigorous QA to make sure nothing breaks after an update like this.
FPS boost is a way different thing. Ubisoft just generates more revenue by not releasing these patches at the same time.

Flabagast

I loathe ubi games but I hesitate to jump back in with the update.

As rote as the game design is, it could arguably be described as in the top 3 of the most beautiful open worlds of last gen, if not the first one.

adamsapple

Hmm, i dont wanna wait for GP, i think ill buy it. Which version are we getting in GP though?

Game Pass are always the base versions. Gears Hivebusters is the only exception where they threw in paid DLC for free on GP as well.

But the season pass is often on sale, keep an eye on that. I've already gotten the season pass in anticipation.

It's at the full price $39.99 right now, but I got it for $14.99 a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

shubik

downloading the update now (located in germany) on PS5. Really looking forward to it. I tried playing it a couple of weeks ago but the 30FPS killed it for me.

adamsapple

So, I've never played the Origins DLC before and supposedly it comes with an instant lv 40 jump to newcomers.

Should I start the game with this ?

T-Cake

Nice to play smooth but it looks really soft on PS5. Really curious to see what resolution it’s running at.

adamsapple

Nice to play smooth but it looks really soft on PS5. Really curious to see what resolution it’s running at.

This is just an FPS boost, it's probably running the same resolution as Pro.

Which means Series S will be running the One S resolution, it can definitely do better than 900p.

T-Cake

This is just an FPS boost, it's probably running the same resolution as Pro.

Which means Series S will be running the One S resolution, it can definitely do better than 900p.

Of course, I forget this is before the days of frame reconstruction/upscaling.

Bojji

If they still have the same res profiles Xbox version will be much better:

we did measure 3584x2016 at the upper bounds - a 62 per cent increase in maximum resolution up against the highest pixel count we saw on Pro: 2816x1584. In terms of the minimums, it's X at 1656p vs Pro vs 1350p.

saintjules

Thanks.

I was thinking more in terms of helping me progress faster in the game. I really don't want to be tempted by Odyssey style XP boosts here :D

As much as I love the new breed of AC games, progress in them is incredibly slow.

Ah OK! Yeah I have only really gotten into them in once the new breed of AC titles came about. I was thoroughly impressed with Origins but never finished. Odyssey, never finished. Valhalla, barely scratched the surface. I have a semi-retired mindset these days, which kind of sucks. I think it's when I see the world map, I already feel like it will take a long time to complete these games. A 14 year old me would have gone back in for seconds after finishing one a first time.

I'm looking to dive back into Origins now with the 60fps update and hopefully finish it.

Kssio_Aug

I have this game sitting on Xbox for ages. I think I will finally play it now!
Although I have yet to finish RDR2. :messenger_downcast_sweat:

Last edited:
Top Bottom