• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assetto Corsa: Early Access |OT|

TJP

Well real life doesn't have an "optimal track surface" setting and of course AC also has the "I can't die" factor which combined over a long track could account for 30 seconds or so.
Exactly. People set the track surface to optimal and the ambient temp to 26 degrees which results in unrealistically fast lap times...great for the RSR leaderboards. Green or fast should have been the default for anything apart from hotlapping.

This is a good read: https://pretendracecars.wordpress.com/2015/03/22/no-gt2-cars-in-assetto-corsa-are-not-overpowered/ This thread will be interesting if a Kunos dev enters the conversation: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...tings-for-the-nordschleife.22439/#post-430706

TJP

True. But AC is the only laser-scanned one, yeah?
Kunos state that "For the first time ever in a PC racing simulation, the legendary Nürburgring-Nordschleife circuit has been reproduced using Laserscan Technology"

I read this as AC is the first PC sim to have a laser scanned Nürburgring (although all the tracks in Ferrari Virtual Academy were laser scanned, including the Nürburgring GP circuit). The Nürburgring-Nordschleife laser scanned data has been offered to at least one other PC dev team to buy so I'd expect more PC sims/games to have this track laser scanned too.

RP912

Banned
I tried to do a special event and I'm constantly getting an error. Is there a fix for this? I'm starting to get deep into the game and it's a shame that parts of it is not working for me.

Edit: Nevermind...fixed it lol.

Zeth

I've been playing so much since I got my T300 a few weeks ago.

Lots of great new mods lately:

Williams fw31 2009 F1 car from chargingcar and co (Formula Corsa)
Mazda 787b + insane sound mod
Seat Ibiza AWD
Alzen 996 biturbo AWD/4WD - this one is a bit early wip, but it's a monster whose purpose is to murder you.

Donington Park has gotten several updates and is effectively finished. I've been loving that circuit, both layouts.
Blackwood Reloaded is another great one, if a bit gaudy with the trackside decorations.

TJP

From the AC Facebook page:

Live at KUNOS HQ - Dear AC followers, we are glad to introduce the Audi Quattro, here today as special guest at Audi track experience: this legendary car is one of the five awesome models that will be included in the incoming Assetto Corsa Bonus pack, currently in development at KUNOS studios. More information will follow in next few weeks, stay tuned!

1795344_1114524208573896_579748232617822021_o.png

Zeth

Both the open wheel mods posted above are great. Had a lot of fun with the Formula Masters Hillclimb spec - Joux Plane, Trento, etc. it's perfect for those. Heard some complaints about the force feedback, but I find it enjoyable the way it is.

The McLaren is a handful - haven't had enough time to get comfortable with it (and I'm probably not quick enough) but it seems like a fairly detailed/nuanced representation of a crazy fast car. And that V10 sound. So good.

I would kill for a good historic F1 mod on AC, with tracks and stuff. 1991 season would be my top choice... i know they are working on converting the rFactor mod... can´t wait. I have to do some better research. Some of the mods posted here i had no idea existed.

Zeth

Assetto Corsa welcomes Automobili Lamborghini

I feel like we already knew this, but I guess it's more official now.

edit: LOL indeed, seems they just reuploaded the video, and I posted it here in my excitement before realizing it's old news.
Nice driving digi! Love that combo myself, will probably put some time in this weekend. Will be nice to try the FW31 again after driving the McLaren the last week or so.

Korezo

Ever since that update long time ago when graphics engine was changed or improved (don't remember) I can't get the game to look right. At sunlight it's impossible to race because my entire screen would be white and I can't even tell between road or grass because its so damn white and bright, the game just doesn't look as good as before graphic update. Don't like the new lighting or w/e was done

Zeth

Ever since that update long time ago when graphics engine was changed or improved (don't remember) I can't get the game to look right. At sunlight it's impossible to race because my entire screen would be white and I can't even tell between road or grass because its so damn white and bright, the game just doesn't look as good as before graphic update. Don't like the new lighting or w/e was done

Exposure can be adjusted in-game with pg up/pg down keys. This is usually necessary for me in the Rift. But on the monitor I use some modded PP presets.

Anyone use the drifitng mod, SP Mod? I've been using it in rFactor for some time now, just curious how it stacks up.

Also how's mod installs work in AC, through steam like skyrim mods, and do game updates break mods?

One feature I wish the devs would add is soft locking the steering wheel based on the car model and its real world steering ratio. It's a hassle to do this every time in the wheel software.

vanty

Anyone use the drifitng mod, SP Mod? I've been using it in rFactor for some time now, just curious how it stacks up.

Also how's mod installs work in AC, through steam like skyrim mods, and do game updates break mods?

Mods are just folders that you put into the cars or tracks folder or whatever and then they're in game next time you start it up. If they're like a HUD thing you need to activate them in the options menu in the game but that's simple enough so the whole thing couldn't be much easier I think. I haven't added any other type of mod personally.

markao

One feature I wish the devs would add is soft locking the steering wheel based on the car model and its real world steering ratio. It's a hassle to do this every time in the wheel software.
Aren't they already doing that, like iR/RF2/pCARS ?

Or am I misunderstanding what you want, as in physical feel (knock) in FFB when you reach that point, not sure if it is there in AC. But use of real cars steering lock is already in.

Aren't they already doing that, like iR/RF2/pCARS ?

Or am I misunderstanding what you want, as in physical feel (knock) in FFB when you reach that point, not sure if it is there in AC. But use of real cars steering lock is already in.

Sorry for the late reply. Indeed. The ratios are 1:1 to real life. But when I go over the max steering lock I can keep turning my wheel without resistance while the in game wheel stops. I'd like the game to limit the max steering lock of my wheel so that to match the one in game.

Zeth

My first ever .GIF. Does it work?

2015-06-21.GIF

It works!

Sorry for the late reply. Indeed. The ratios are 1:1 to real life. But when I go over the max steering lock I can keep turning my wheel without resistance while the in game wheel stops. I'd like the game to limit the max steering lock of my wheel so that to match the one in game.

You can set the in-game wheel rotation to minimum - then set the rotation in drivers on a car-by-car basis to get 1:1 with accurate lock. I did this for a while, but found I don't really need the lock in most cases/cars. It's not as complicated as it sounds - I just bookmarked a list of the wheel rotations for each car.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/steering-locks-list-updating.20596/

Patrick S.

Banned
This thread has half the posts of the Project Cars thread, and I'm wondering why. Assetto Corsa is at least as good as PCars. Is it because PCars has a bit more eye candy?

vanty

Regardless of platforms, there seems to be no talk at all about AC anymore. Is AC dead?
It's in Gaming Community which no one looks at unless they're subscribed to a thread. Still saying Early Access in the title probably doesn't help either and I'm assuming AC gets some discussion in the PC racing sims thread as well.

LilJoka

Hi all, i have a server called:
AC Variety Realistic Quick Track & Car Cycle Server
Just search "var" youll see it. DLC is required.

As the name suggests, theres lots of short 4-6 laps races with 5-8min quali sessions over a variety of cars and tracks. After the race end, leave the server and refresh to see the new car/track combo loaded.

1. Alfa GTAs at SIlversone National
2. Abarth 500 and Alfa QV at Vallelunga
3. Exige Roadster, E92, Alfa 4C at Nurburgring Sprint
4. E30, Z4, Elice SC at Silverstone International
5. M325i's at Imola
6. KTM X-bow at Magione
7. 599, La Ferrari, P1 at Mugello
8. GT2 cars at Nurburgring GP
9. Formula Abarth at Mugello

All the combos allow real assists (no STM), ~93 grip (like green conditions), fuel/tyre wear 100%, damage 0%, 2 wheels allowed out. Auto clutch is allowed for you controller users too.

If you are in the server, in the chat menu you can type:
/password #

Where # is the number of the combo you want. This is a one way vote, so last to vote before the session ends wins in multiple people voting scenario.
If the server is empty, you can vote, leave, wait for quali to end, and refresh the server list, your chosen combo should be available =D

pTracker is also available on the server.

F0NZ

Regardless of platforms, there seems to be no talk at all about AC anymore. Is AC dead?

AC is not dead. There are many leagues running very competitive races. One such league, which I am participating in, is the North American GP GT league. If interested, their website can be found here: NAGP and the current car list being used in the league can be seen here: Season 2 car list.

Effect

Are there any videos out there that show how different this game can look with the graphics mods in place?

I was reading that they changed something regarding the graphics engine. Are there any before and after images or videos?

LilJoka

Are there any videos out there that show how different this game can look with the graphics mods in place?

I was reading that they changed something regarding the graphics engine. Are there any before and after images or videos?

Hm not really, but check out screenshots from racedepartment for natural graphics mod by ears1991.

LilJoka

Hi all, i have a server called:
AC Variety Realistic Quick Track & Car Cycle Server
Just search "var" youll see it. DLC is required.

As the name suggests, theres lots of short 4-6 laps races with 5-8min quali sessions over a variety of cars and tracks. After the race end, leave the server and refresh to see the new car/track combo loaded.

1. Alfa GTAs at SIlversone National
2. Abarth 500 and Alfa QV at Vallelunga
3. Exige Roadster, E92, Alfa 4C at Nurburgring Sprint
4. E30, Z4, Elice SC at Silverstone International
5. M325i's at Imola
6. KTM X-bow at Magione
7. 599, La Ferrari, P1 at Mugello
8. GT2 cars at Nurburgring GP
9. Formula Abarth at Mugello

All the combos allow real assists (no STM), ~93 grip (like green conditions), fuel/tyre wear 100%, damage 0%, 2 wheels allowed out. Auto clutch is allowed for you controller users too.

If you are in the server, in the chat menu you can type:
/password #

Where # is the number of the combo you want. This is a one way vote, so last to vote before the session ends wins in multiple people voting scenario.
If the server is empty, you can vote, leave, wait for quali to end, and refresh the server list, your chosen combo should be available =D

pTracker is also available on the server.

Ive updated my server, you can now choose any loop at any track, just type in the chatbox

/password 6 (for loop 6 next)
/password mugello (to run the next loop at mugello)

You can run those commands after each other to select any loop at any track to run next.

type nurbsprint for nurburgring-sprint
type imola for imola
type nurbgp for nurburgring
type magione for magione
type mugello for mugello
type silverint for silverstone-international
type silvernat for silverstone-national
type silver for silverstone
type vall for vallelunga extended
type vallclub for vallelunga club
type grobnik for grobnik
type monza for monza
type spa for spa

Loop 6 has now changed to Mazda MX5's.

Zeth

I know its looks are divisive, but I love the SCG 003. Can't wait for that one. The P4/5 was my go-to race car for a long while in AC.

I expect the model will be drool-worthy, especially the detail in the rear.

OrangeOak

Bought this game 3-4 days ago and I am in love with it,
At first I was really disappointed by the lack of content but what is there is amazing. Now I have 45 hours played and I think 40 hours from this is only from Nurburgring tourist with one or two cars. It is so fun to drive here.
I would love to see Le Mans and some prototypes though. It would be amazing.

TJP

Bought this game 3-4 days ago and I am in love with it,
At first I was really disappointed by the lack of content but what is there is amazing. Now I have 45 hours played and I think 40 hours from this is only from Nurburgring tourist with one or two cars. It is so fun to drive here.
I would love to see Le Mans and some prototypes though. It would be amazing.
United Racing Design (responsible for car models in a variety of sims, AC included) have a paid for beta Le Mans mod on ther store page here: http://www.unitedracingdesign.net/#!shop/c9dh

You can read feedback about the mod here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/urd-px-opinions.108753/ and a much longer thread about the rF2 version here: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...X-by-URD-Pre-order-with-beta-access-available! - this might give you a better idea about the mod despite it being on a different platform.

I have their T5 (DTM) and EGT (GT3 class) cars for both AC and rF2 - URD make great car models with very good physics. I should add I have the EnduranceRacingX PX for rF2 and it's pretty good for a beta build.

OrangeOak

United Racing Design (responsible for car models in a variety of sims, AC included) have a paid for beta Le Mans mod on ther store page here: http://www.unitedracingdesign.net/#!shop/c9dh

You can read feedback about the mod here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/urd-px-opinions.108753/ and a much longer thread about the rF2 version here: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...X-by-URD-Pre-order-with-beta-access-available! - this might give you a better idea about the mod despite it being on a different platform.

I have their T5 (DTM) and EGT (GT3 class) cars for both AC and rF2 - URD make great car models with very good physics. I should add I have the EnduranceRacingX PX for rF2 and it's pretty good for a beta build.

Thank you very much. I will look in to it.

Top Bottom