• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlas Fallen is out today...

M.W.

...crickets?

If you have an Xbox, it'll be available at 7am EST using the NZ trick. If you're on PC, you can play at 6pm EST later today. I for one think it looks like a fun video gamey video game. I know there's a million games out there and more coming but thought I'd remind people this exists lol

atlas-fallen-pc-release-times.jpg

atlas-fallen-console-release-times.jpg

M.W.

The streams I've seen have looked solid. I'm all for fun traversal and over the top combat.

Robb

Gold Member
Barely remember hearing about this, but if it reviews well I might check it out.

Last edited:

Roufianos

I think it looks pretty good, clearly not though or reviews wouldn't be embargoed for the day after release.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Huge contrast between various Atlas Fallen trailers btw. Looks the publishers aren't sure how to sell this game.

Ywap

I´m interested in this one.

I just hope there is a challenge to the combat like in the Surge games. They seem to communicate that exploration is kind of a big part of the game too which is a plus for me (and i have a fetish for desert environments in games :messenger_tears_of_joy: )(y)

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Ah yes, this looked pretty fun on trailers but I completely forgot that it was about to come out.

It's still about 14 hours away from release, though, so fingers crossed. If the reviews are gonna be positive then I'll grab it for sure.

It's been on my list but I haven't seen much of it. I didn't even realise release was imminent. I hope it's decent but I'm getting serious Godfall vibes.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I'm waiting for reviews to see how well the game performs on both PC and PS5. If it's technically solid I'm probably gonna pick it up. Cheapest price I found was 50 euro for the PS5 version, 35 euro for the PC version. That's the right price for an AA game.

geary

Its from the guys who made the first Lord of the Fallen and The Surge 1 and 2. I saw a quality increase in each game they released. Put this one on the backlog for when there's no other games to play.

Last edited:

roxya

I watched some Germans playing it on Twitch and I think it looks better than the overly flashy trailers being put out, but there doesn't seem to be a nice flow to the combat (or maybe these guys are just bad). And everywhere being desert, at least from what I've seen so far, is kinda boring.

Still, I like the developer, and full campaign co-op elevates any game for me, so... will keep an eye on it.

Roberts

I’ve been following this one for a while now. I love The Surge games and this feels like something a bit more ambitious. Will definitely get it at some point.

Topher

Gold Member
Hope the game is good. Like what I've seen. Have it at the top of my GameFly list so hopefully it will get mailed out soon.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I tried Baldurs Gate 3 but unfortunately top-down view and turn based combat just isn't for me. So I guess I will give this a try and hopefully this will tide me over till Starfield.
Fingers crossed.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Just checked it out and it doesn’t look bad. Very much a Darksiders style game with all the usual gameplay elements we’ve seen since the PS3/Xbox 360 days.

Hopefully they optimize for PC and add support for all the upscalers. Even then given all the strong releases, someone has to land in the bargain bin and it’ll likely be this.

MMaRsu

Banned
I tried Baldurs Gate 3 but unfortunately top-down view and turn based combat just isn't for me. So I guess I will give this a try and hopefully this will tide me over till Starfield.
Fingers crossed.
It doesnt have top down view if you use a controller, you can zoom in to character level

Game looks pretty cool and hopefully I can check it out eventually, but I think the main problem is between stealth releases and there are simply too many games out and coming out. Unless you’re a major or moderately major title, you might get lost in the shuffle and again the lack of marketing and advertising isn’t exactly doing any favors either.

Last edited:

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
It doesnt have top down view if you use a controller, you can zoom in to character level

I did try this, but the camera movement is still restricted to horizontal and even more than that the turn based combact didn't click for me at all. I am very sad about it too cause it's pretty clear that there is an absolute behemoth of an RPG under that, which I will miss.

Top Bottom