• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlas Fallen is out today...

Elder Legend Elder Legend and Karak Karak
UUxnxpB.jpg
Nice ps3 screenshot. Must of missed this release during the ps3 era.

On topic - excited to get my hands on Atlas Fallen.

Last edited:

Fbh

Sounds like it might be worth to pick up once it's cheaper to play in Co-op.
Shame it has no cross play though. Maybe they can add it in a future update.

Last edited:

Larxia

It doesnt have top down view if you use a controller, you can zoom in to character level
I don't understand why they don't allow this with on keyboard and mouse, wasd movements insteand of clicking, close up camera.

Last edited:

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Seriously. I cannot fathom how this gets more praise than forspoken lol.
It seem like cheap and soulless copycat. Forspoken is high budget, has great combat and open world movement.
Music and atmosphere are very unique and put you in the world. It feels magical.
I still think that people disregard Forspoken because they botched the marketing very badly and because the game became a meme before it's release. Just that.
It didn't help that the game was uncooked at release but it wouldn't matter if it was a technical marvel. The game was already destined to be dogpiled on.

I doubt many would have such a big issue with the game if they changed the main protagonist a bit. BUT....
People are very stiff and uptight nowadays. I know 100% I would've joined all of you laughing at the game few years ago and never play it. Even if I would play it, I would hate it because I would be fueled by predefined/popular hate. It is unnatural to go against the group world after all.
But something happened after I got to 30yo(I am 34 now)... lol laugh at me all you want but I started liking more "youthful/energetic" things and themes, like white peripherals(white keyboard and mouse with RGB!!!), some color here and there in clothing, fun characters and so on. I would've never liked final fantasy games before because it's "anime crap" but I embrace the weebness now. It's so good.
Is this just midlife crisis huh ?! (all that said, I am still not saying Forspoken is 9 or 10 !!!! It's just a good game)

ANYWAY FUCK YOU ALL - Me reading good reviews of this while it's just worse version of Forspoken
5ovAkOr.jpg
Not to derail this thread but rofif rofif 's fierce dedication to Forspoken at least deserves our respect.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I had this preordered over on Amazon for a couple weeks. This was a while back. I then decided that since I really knew nothing about it and other games kept getting my attention, that I should cancel my preorder. Today I see that it’s out now. So yea, 👍 I still don’t know if it’s worth it. Sounds like the story isn’t that great, but it’s good if you play co-op.

I had this preordered over on Amazon for a couple weeks. This was a while back. I then decided that since I really knew nothing about it and other games kept getting my attention, that I should cancel my preorder. Today I see that it’s out now. So yea, 👍 I still don’t know if it’s worth it. Sounds like the story isn’t that great, but it’s good if you play co-op.
I am playing through it right now, so far the story isn't great, but it isn't horrible either. I'd say it's a bit more than serviceable. Voice acting is not going to blow your socks off but it's far better than average for a game that's not being made by a AAA standard developer.

What I like so far the most is the game's combat system and I've barely even really started. I shall see how it goes moving forward. I'll have it beat by the end of the weekend.

Visuals are not going to blow you away either, but it looks quite clean and unique. I am playing on PC at 4k and 144 herts though. Not sure how the console version is.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I have seen him spewing in so many different threads now it has to constitute trolling. No respect is deserved.
Not trolling and I do post about it too much probably but I just found it fitting.
No, I think a lot of people were turned off after playing the demo, myself included. The combat in this game just looks more fun. Who knows about the story.
Yes, the demo was bad. They just drop you out there in the middle of the game.

Ok back to the topic !

Gonzito

I've been playing it for two hours and I like it so far. The voice acting is a bit weird at times but it doesn't really affect much the experience. I will update my impressions after a few more hours

I've been playing it for two hours and I like it so far. The voice acting is a bit weird at times but it doesn't really affect much the experience. I will update my impressions after a few more hours
The voice acting sometimes is really fitting and then other times it just doesn't fit. A tad inconsistent is what it is. I've played for 2 hours today and it's pretty decent. I think if there is ever a sequel they can def improve a lot.

Last edited:

Jacob0101

PC or console? How about performance?

Last edited:

Gonzito

PC or console? "How about performance?
Pc, it runs great, no stutter although the graphics are not that impressive so it makes sense I guess

And yeah the voice acting sometimes is really bad unfortunately. Thr gameplay on the other hand is quite good, I really like sliding through the sand

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I bought the game today and played through the first hour. Enjoyable so far, Performance is excellent, I'm getting 120 fps (1440p) with my RTX3080 without having to turn on AMD FSR. No DLSS support alas. I had no problems with the voice acting.

Karak

Not even sure why Forspoken would even be a comparison. That game is utter trash to begin with.
We don't get to arbitrarily remove a title from a comparison regardless if it is OH SO GOOD. or OH SO BAD.

A 3rd person game with components including unique ground based locomotion, and a talking glove that bestows power on the main character are more than enough to draw even the simplest comparisons. Even if you say, "Forspoken is trash why is it being compared." The first part of that is... literally a part of a comparison.

Macaron

Banned
I am actually having a blast playing it, I think more people should give it a chance, its a good game although the story is really bad so one has to accept that before going in. But the combat itself, the map and the navigation is amazing specially if we keep in mind that this is an open world double A game
What is amazing about the combat? Its as generic as it gets but much more bland and boring than all of the competition.

Having a hard time understanding the "story sucks everything else is good" crowd. Couple hours in the game sucks period and i'm wondering how I even made it that long before giving up on this.

Karak

I am actually having a blast playing it, I think more people should give it a chance, its a good game although the story is really bad so one has to accept that before going in. But the combat itself, the map and the navigation is amazing specially if we keep in mind that this is an open world double A game
Ya man the combat was fun as hell a lot of the time. Higher powers of course make it more "flowing" than it is at first. But I dug the pace and the monster vengeance moves they sometimes pull when breaking parts off of them.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Combat is good with the push and pull with momentum, and knowing when to fight in the air or on the ground, when to dodge, and when to parry. But to each their own.

Big baddies have different parts you can break too.

I'd judge the game based on it's own merits instead of comparing it to your favorite game that uses a system you like more.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Definitely staying on my wishlist for a sale after some of these positive impressions. Seems like there's some fun to be had, and I try to buy anything good published by Focus these days. Aliens DD, Evil West, Plague Tale, World War Z, etc. They're on the rise and betting consistently on AA games and some new IP.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

I'm going to continue the game this evening, this video gave me a good idea what to focus on.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Just finished it and really enjoyed my time with this little gem. The gameplay loop was addictive (fun combat, many abilities to unlock, armors to upgrade and so on), the graphics were really great with good performance (PC, 3080), interesting locations and no bugs. Comparing this to Forspoken is doing it a huge disservice IMHO as this is an actual good game.
Took me around 20 hours with reasonable side exploration and I feel 20-30 hours is a perfect length for games. Do not make impressions on first couple of hours. It gives bad first impression but just give it an hour or so. It gets really good. I highly recommend this one before the deluge of biggies starts in September.

Top Bottom