• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlas Fallen is out today...

Sad bc this looks really good to me, but it's had bad coverage and is releasing at a shit time. They should have never delayed. I can't fit it in between Remnant 2, Armored core, Starfield, and Lords of the fallen

SolidQ

a80f37ae7494fc1f2fd1c2282246be86.png

Ywap

I agree about the release date, right now is not a good time to be competing for the players money 🥺

Last edited:
Give a solid 73. It'll be good enough, but will fly under people's radar due to the number of good games released lately. It doesn't help that Deck13 did a bad job marketing this. It doesn't look like a bad game, just uninspired.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Titanfall?

Edit: Resistance: Fall of Man? Am I playing this game right?
I was more thinking, these are all new IP for this generation where we reacted like “uh I don’t know what this is but it looks kind of bad…. But maybe it’ll be OK? But it’s probably going to be bad….. yeah it’s bad”

Kingdom of Amalur was solid fun back in the day. This looks like a spiritual successor. Nice!
I play KoA when is came out for free and it's addicting. Something about that pixie forest with elves and little cottages got me hooked. And all of the side quests have awesome characters too.

This doesn't exactly give me the same vibes other than some of the combat and the fancy armor. But maybe sometime I'll try this one.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Instead of making what they were improving, such as souls games because both Surge games were good, they decided to make some generic coop hack and slash and placed its release date between starfield and baldurs gate 3. They shot themselves in the foot.

drotahorror

Titanfall?

Edit: Resistance: Fall of Man? Am I playing this game right?

Kind of?

Both are dead series.

Pitfall?

Anyways, I think this looks fun. It's on my wishlist, I don't typically care for desert themes in games, and this looks like it's one big ass desert.

Never a good sign when you get compared to Forspoken. It does look like the bastard child of Forspoken and Kingdoms of Amalur, set in the sandy areas from Blue Dragon.

I have it in my wishlist but I have the feeling it's going to come and go without much fanfare.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Instead of making what they were improving, such as souls games because both Surge games were good, they decided to make some generic coop hack and slash and placed its release date between starfield and baldurs gate 3. They shot themselves in the foot.

The game was originally supposed to be released on May 16. I bet they thought the game would get no publicity so soon after the release of Hogwarts's Legacy and Zelda and therefore picked the new date.

Mossybrew

I'm down for an AA action RPG but still going to wait on a few reviews before I pull the trigger. Could easily be a wait for sale title.

Lunarorbit

Game isn't really being covered at all. I'm interested in it. Seems like Darksiders + Kingdoms of Amalur.

Probably sent to die in the shadow of Baldur's Gate 3.
Really? I haven't seen any previews of this game at all. Your comparison is going to make me look at it now

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'm curious about this title but not at launch. I was pleasantly surprised with their prior efforts with The Surge 1 and 2.

This doesn’t look too bad at all. Definitely keeping my eyes on it but have waaaay too much to play and BG3 is all I want to play right now.

Belthazar

Another game I was very interested and would buy 2 copies day one... But without crossplay it just goes into the "wait until it's under $10 or on PS+ pile", along with Remnant II.

Releasing a game that has a heavy focus on multiplayer without crossplay has to be the dumbest decision a developer can make in 2023.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Really? I haven't seen any previews of this game at all. Your comparison is going to make me look at it now
There was only a couple previews(all the same footage) about 4 months ago. It primarily gives me Darksiders 2 vibes mixed in with Kingdoms of Amalur.

Might be another sleeper hit. Marketing overall seems poor.

I'll probably check it out tomorrow. I did find this though so it might give a good idea on what the game is about.

Mr Hyde

I'm curious about it since I liked The Surge (very much) and the sequel (not as much, but still good), but I've been on the fence since Fextralifes impression, which was pretty lukewarm. It's also strange how little noise this game is getting. I think it will drop in price very quickly. Maybe it's a bonafide sleeper hit, who knows.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I thought this game looked very promising when I saw this early impressions video by Arktix (who I started following for his terrific Horizons Forbidden West content).

Arktix just published his second video on Atlas Fallen. This guy produces tactics/play guides and deserves many more subscribers than he currently has (which is only 57K).

M.W.

78 on open critic

Gonzito

yeah seems like the game is average at most, the surge games had mediocre rating too and they were good imo, but I dont know, there is something about this game that seems off, i wish they would have made surge 3

Last edited:
...crickets?

If you have an Xbox, it'll be available at 7am EST using the NZ trick. If you're on PC, you can play at 6pm EST later today. I for one think it looks like a fun video gamey video game. I know there's a million games out there and more coming but thought I'd remind people this exists lol

atlas-fallen-pc-release-times.jpg

atlas-fallen-console-release-times.jpg
You have to love how the developers put a time map together as though people are eagerly anticipating this release XD!! Apparently they're the same studio who put out Lords Of The Fallen which was derided as a Dark Souls knockoff.

Karak

My review

Rated it a buy but barely and also based on a slightly reduced price. Moreso, though on a fantastic and just plain fun combat system. However, mid to late game can drag. I dont know how many who are covering it got there or what they experienced but its a bit like a RPG with some grind and due to slightly lower than normal enemy variety it hurt it.

SolidQ

SteamDeck Perfomance

lower than normal enemy variety it hurt it.
There is difficult settings? Hope there is max dif setting give some challenge

Last edited:

M.W.

My review

Rated it a buy but barely and also based on a slightly reduced price. Moreso, though on a fantastic and just plain fun combat system. However, mid to late game can drag. I dont know how many who are covering it got there or what they experienced but its a bit like a RPG with some grind and due to slightly lower than normal enemy variety it hurt it.

Thanks for posting! How long was the game btw?

Gonzito

My review

Hi, doesnt the game have any sort of cutscenes or its just pure gameplay?

Top Bottom