• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atomic Heart – Official Announce Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Atomic Heart is coming day one to Xbox Game Pass on console, PC, and cloud.

Atomic Heart takes place in the Soviet Union in an alternative reality sometime in 1955, where technology like the internet, holograms and robots have already been invented. The main protagonist is a special agent called P-3, who is sent by the government to investigate a manufacturing facility that has fallen silent.

Last edited:
Атомное Сердце. День Один.

Almost said ядерное, I need to converse more often, stave off the rust.

Last edited:

Arcadialane

Almost like a Russian Bioshock? probably my favourite of the show, just need a date

would love to know what on earth is going on in the beginning there.

hePgGLL.png

Last edited:

TonyK

I wish it will be good. Now it seems potentially trash or a masterpiece. I'm very intrigued about it.

b0uncyfr0

It looks kinda quirky, but interesting. As long as the world isnt shit and keep's you on your toes, it could be well worth it.

Shubh_C63

Earlier footage I was just googling.

I feel sad for this game. Looks so good and will do worse or about as same as PREY financially. Edit : but amazing entry for Gamepass though, like ridiculous.

Last edited:
this game looks beautiful, when and if it comes to PS5 ill snatch it
Its coming to PS5. I think it started out as a PS4 exclusive, then became a PS5 exclusive at one point, then switched to Xbox Series X/PS5/PC. Its plenty of PC/PS5 gameplay out there too
First search heres an 18 minute video of it being played on PC, it actually looks pretty fun, just needs some optimization(And this is an old video from last summer)

The game looks like a curious mix of Doom/Prey/And a sprinkle of Dishonored(Melee and Powers). I been pretty intrigued by it for the past year

Von Hugh

Wonder if the whole "everything is either white or red colored" becomes a bit jarring and boring in the long run. I like that games have their own identity and (color) theme, but I think this might be pushing it a bit if that's all they have got to show us.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Looks promising, reminds me of Singularity (everyone should play this one, we need more games like Raven used to make). Hope it's not super short like the recent Industria.

Last edited:
they really nailed the atomicpunk feel and I love that future "what if" USSR style. might play this with Russian voice and English subtitle if it's available.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A development team member talked about the upcoming FPS in a recent interview. The discussion covered several topics related to the game and its development, with the interviewee calling Atomic Heart a “way crazier” version of the Bethesda-published Doom and Wolfenstein games.

GamingBolt’s Shubhankar Parijat published the interview earlier today but did not specify who at the studio they spoke to. The conversation touched on the game’s open world and combat systems, in addition to questions about its development progress. Near the end of the interview, Parijat asked how the game’s more strategic approach to shooting will manifest in gameplay. However, the developer’s response indicated that Atomic Heart’s action-packed gameplay has more in common with the sensibilities of recent Bethesda first-person shooters than anything else.

Mundfish’s representative told the interviewer, “Atomic Heart is an action game first and foremost. It’s very dynamic. You can definitely strategize on the go and pick various playstyles, but the core gameplay revolves around high-octane action. Think Doom, Wolfenstein, but way crazier.” This somewhat contradicts the tone of the original 2017 teaser, which seemed to suggest a slower, more atmospheric shooter in the same vein as Irrational Games’ BioShock. However, it matches the tone of Atomic Heart’s Release Window Reveal trailer that debuted on February 9th.

They also went over some questions about Atomic Heart’s development. These included its development cycle, with the developer noting that Mundfish started work on the concept more than a decade ago. However, the studio still seems confident in the final product. And While there is still plenty that the studio’s not ready to talk about, they said a few things about Atomic Heart’s art direction and enemy design. The source emphasized the wide range of robotic and zombified enemies that players will encounter.

In addition, the interview touched on the game’s overall size and scope. Mundfish expects average players to finish Atomic Heart in around 20 hours. They also indicated that Atomic Heart’s open-world is relatively modest in size, and players should not expect anything on the scale of an Assassin’s Creed game, for example. The studio says it focuses on “making it truly believable and immersive” but is not quite ready to talk details.

Mundfish’s also not ready to announce any post-release content. However, developers are open to the possibility and claim to have ideas for the future of Atomic Heart’s unique setting.

Top Bottom