• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atomic Heart announced (FPS, PC,Xbox,Ps4) Soviet-Union inspired with Wolfenstein, Bioshock touch

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
header.jpg

Steam
Official Site

New trailer

Old one

Available in late 2018

Steam description:
Atomic Heart is an adventure first-person shooter, events of which unfold in an alternative universe, during the high noon of the Soviet Union. The main character of the game is a special agent, who was sent to a highly secret object by the Soviet government after it went radio silent.

Soviet setting with a pitch of insanity, action-packed gameplay and a thrilling story will keep you entertained for the whole duration of your journey into the world of Atomic Heart.

Unfold the secrets, restore peace and order, and show the Motherland what you got!

Some screens:

Atomic-Heart-3.jpg

Atomic-Heart-5.jpg

Atomic-Heart-6.jpg

More screens here

Look really cool!

Last edited:
Looks like in this alternate universe, Glasnost didn't exactly go as planned? :p

Seriously interested in this, though. Got a modern, shiny Metro 2033 vibe. Metro the series is great, but damn if the environments aren't depressing AF.

Masatshi

that is looking freakin' amazing! :oops:
I really hope it will be coming to consoles as well, would love to play this on Xbox One X...

Denton

So what do we know about this team, did they work on something before?

It looks very good. Central/eastern european games best games.

moniker

The video in the OP is actually the old teaser trailer. Yesterday the official trailer was released, and it looks cooler:

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
Artists are very unique here, those enemy designs are something innit....Looks like it took a page out of Nier as well. In any case, looks very interesting.

makaveli60

Holy crap! This looks insane. Hate to be the pessimist again, but it looks too scripted and the graphics are unbelievably good for current gen, but I hope I will be surprised.

Wow I'm really impressed. Great production quality. I love retro futuristic styled games. I'm sold!

I've never heard of this studio before.

Style is not substance. This has style, let's wait to see how substantial the game is, because of course that's also what Bioshock had and what made it a masterpiece that even the last Wolfenstein fails to have half of.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Some new infos:

"Atomic Heart is designed as an open-world, in which players are not stuck in a linear path but decide the order of their actions. The adventure will take place throughout the USSR, which offers varied scenery (arctic, mountainous environments, plains and lakes ...) and whose different areas will be connected by railways. The developer also suggests that ammunition will be rare and that the crafting will be at the center of the game, the hero being able to use the mechanical parts and other waste found during his wanderings to make weapons."

"The game will run in a dystopia in which the USSR first prospered through the use of automated robots, before they go crazy and ravage the whole Motherland. The developers have also posted a message on their blog implying that the hero of the game will be confronted with the undead, which can also be seen in the trailer"

Source (in French)

Pejo

I hope this game is good, looks really great in theme and art style, but I only hope the gameplay is also good. Kinda bummed it's open world instead of a focused experience like Bioshock 1, but it could still be good.

sertopico

Weird that they are still not showing any actual gameplay and always the same exact locations, I hope it won't be a techdemo like Cryostasis.

Top Bottom