• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atomic Heart: Exclusive Hands-On Preview

nikos

Looks like BioShock, which I wasn't a fan of. Hopefully this is better. Doesn't help that the video quality is horrible, gameplay is bad and FoV is nauseatingly low.

I'll still try it on Game Pass.

Last edited:

ungalo

I mean, if journalists are playing it, you got a lot of raw gameplay on Youtube, the "it's a scam"-theory was proven false in the end.

It looks absolutely insane. So much going on.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I've got no expectations, but everything about the setting and art design looks great. Will probably be rolling in hot and need some patches. Going to keep my expectations in check until reviews.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Not going to watch the entire video, but what I did watch looked awesome.

Industria developers, are you seeing this shit? If you ever do a sequel, take some inspiration from this.

peronmls

This looks really bizarre. The robot humans look like they are walking on their heals? Animation sometime look like they are on fast forward. Especially with the omnidroid from The incredibles. Lol
tLCRei0.jpg

ButchCat

There's a serious visual downgrade almost like the demos and trailers released before were false marketing demos separate from the actual game designed to get some preorders in. The art showcased before was topnotch and still seems to be in there but the graphics I remember looked ahead of their time, how do you guys not see that?

Last edited:
There's a serious visual downgrade almost like the demos and trailers released before were false marketing demos separate from the actual game designed to get some preorders in. The art showcased before was topnotch and still seems to be in there but the graphics I remember looked ahead of their time, how do you guys not see that?
What? Where is the visual downgrade at all? If anything it looks better than it used to

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT

Imagine looking at the visuals of this game and complaining about downgrade.

Game still looks pretty damn near as good as the earlier showings.

Visuals of Games in development can often change as part of the process. Unless a game come out looking visibly worse than its launch trailer, it’s weird to complain about ‘downgrades’.

ungalo

I don't see a noticeable downgrade. The outdoor environment didn't look amazing technically speaking even in the first trailers.

The art and the way the game moves are as incredible as in the trailers. Seeing an AA game giving life to such a remarkable universe makes me regain some faith in gaming.

Imagine looking at the visuals of this game and complaining about downgrade.

Game still looks pretty damn near as good as the earlier showings.

Visuals of Games in development can often change as part of the process. Unless a game come out looking visibly worse than its launch trailer, it’s weird to complain about ‘downgrades’.
I Actually think it looks better ! It actually looks next gen !

Last edited:

Arachnid

I feel like they've been putting out trailers for this forever. Nothing kills my hype like seeing a game years before it releases and having to wait.

Still, I'm always up for immersive sims. Fucking love them as a genre.

Last edited:

Hugare

I really want to know what the performance on consoles is like.
Straight Face Trying Not To Laugh GIF

No, you really dont want to know that

"Unknown russian developer pushing graphics" is a formula that we've seen many times before and the results in terms of optimization are ... not great

Is this...actually going to be a game?

Not going to lie I've consistently said this is a con. Colour me impressed if this is even a half competent game by the end of all this.

It does look like it will run like hot shit everywhere. My 3080 will probs struggle.

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
I hate the music and russian chad character model...
Generally I am not in a mood for russian made game but it looks good

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The game looks promising. I hope it’s good and not just some bloated trailer. Takes me back to when Bulletstorm came out.

Drizzlehell

Banned
This game looks so dope, it blows my mind that it just came out of nowhere like that. I fully expected it to go vaporware when they first showed it a couple of years because it just looked that good.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Atomic Heart looks like a spiritual successor to the iconic Bioshock franchise and we've got 12 minutes of preview gameplay showcasing weapons, abilities, and even some puzzles.

Atomic Heart looks like a spiritual successor to Bioshock in more ways than one. In this video, we have 10 minutes of preview gameplay that gives us a pretty solid look at what the game looks like so far. From puzzle-solving to combat with mech-style enemies that are out for your head, there’s a lot to unpack.

The first portion of the video dives into vehicle gameplay and a LOT of weapons combat. Assault rifles and rocket launchers show off their firepower against enemies. Meanwhile our player does his best to stay out of harm’s way, utilizing some nifty elemental abilities to help get out of some tight spots.

The other portion of gameplay that we see involves a facility and requires some puzzle solving, either by guiding a ball through a series of tubes or later by activating certain switches necessary to progress in the level.

Atomic Heart should be fun for anyone who enjoyed the old Bioshock games. If you’re excited about Atomic Heart, check back here for more news, previews, and features on the game.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Loved that preview, looks like a great videogame.

Just don't like the slow character's walking speed. Hate that in FPS games.

Top Bottom