• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atomic Heart: Exclusive Hands-On Preview

GymWolf

I don't like how enemies seems to not react when being hit by guns.

If i can forget that for robot shaped enemies, it is hard to ignore the same for humanoid shaped enemies.

Melee seems way more impactful.

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
Just caught up on this, I completely forgot about this game since it was announced (5 ?) years ago.

Have to say that latest preview looks really decent. I'm itching for a strong story-focused single player shooter, it feels like ages since we had one.

Lunarorbit

I don't like how enemies seems to not react when being hit by guns.

If i can forget that for robot shaped enemies, it is hard to ignore the same for humanoid shaped enemies.

Melee seems way more impactful.
Someone mentioned that the enemies were bullet sponges. I'm hoping that this preview is from a earlier section and their weapons aren't powered up yet.

This looks really good. Ppl have been speculating where the next bioshock setting would be;they did water and air in the first three games. Having a Russian alt history is cool and it looks like Sci fi and robotics books from the 20s and 30s were the design inspiration.

Mr Hyde

Never heard of this game. Looks fucking awesome. Cool world design/sci fi artstyle, like something straight out of an Isaac Asimov novel. Keeping my eyes on this.

GymWolf

Someone mentioned that the enemies were bullet sponges. I'm hoping that this preview is from a earlier section and their weapons aren't powered up yet.

This looks really good. Ppl have been speculating where the next bioshock setting would be;they did water and air in the first three games. Having a Russian alt history is cool and it looks like Sci fi and robotics books from the 20s and 30s were the design inspiration.
Bullet sponge is something different, it means that they take a lot of damage before dying, and i'm ok with that on hard mode, but let me see some satisfying hit reaction at least.

Punished Miku

Gold Member

In the video they seem like extreme bullet sponges. But they are robots also, so it makes a bit of sense.

Lunarorbit

Bullet sponge is something different, it means that they take a lot of damage before dying, and i'm ok with that on hard mode, but let me see some satisfying hit reaction at least.
That's what I mean. Before you power up your ak47 they would be more bullet spongey, like what we see in the preview

What the F! How did this slip under my radar? This game looks amazing! By the 21st, I should be ready to take a break from Hogwarts Legacy for a week or two, knock this out, and then jump back on my broom.

GymWolf

That's what I mean. Before you power up your ak47 they would be more bullet spongey, like what we see in the preview
I don't think that enemies are gonna start having hit reactions just because you upgrade your weapon, it this is what you meant.

Usually hit reactions are there or are not there, at least in the majority of shooters, you can have bigger reactions with bigger weapons, but even the filthiest machine gun should have some hit reactions when you hit something unless it's a boss with hyper-armour, not sure if i'm clear enough.

But maybe there is some sort of... i don't know, special ammo you find for the robots and those bullet make them flinch a bit more when you hit them?

Jinzo Prime

So it seems that boss battles will be great, but regular combat a slog with overly high health enemies.

Hopefully, enemies have a weak point that journalists haven't found yet, or there are difficulty settings to make them easier to kill.

Graphics look as high fidelity as the trailers, which is a very good thing.

It looks really nice, but yeah I'm a little worried that the combat may not be as tight as I would like. I love the design though, it's very visually pleasing. Something I will most likely get eventually unless it ends up being very broken.

Ozriel

M$FT
So it seems that boss battles will be great, but regular combat a slog with overly high health enemies.

Hopefully, enemies have a weak point that journalists haven't found yet, or there are difficulty settings to make them easier to kill.

Graphics look as high fidelity as the trailers, which is a very good thing.

Yeah, In every single trailer it seems to take ages for the regular robots to die, which is weird since the game seems to throw a lot of them at you.

Top Bottom