• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August 2008 NPD Results

Eteric Rice

Puncture said:
Wow at people being able to go and get official CoD3 numbers and stuffing them down Jag's throat and yet hes still able to speak. :lol

I don't understand.

I've been banned for much less. :|

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Brak said:
Do you ever get tired of being wrong? (one of many)

Well, in his defense, that thread ripped the universe a new one, so depending on your perception it shifts its own reality...

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
PARANO1A said:
It's obviously an alt account shared by the mods to let off steam
theoretically, that would make sense, but considering how many time's he's been proven wrong, well, wouldn't it cause MORE stress :lol

Hcoregamer00 said:
It would be more hospitable if they advertised the damn game.

Advertising is great, but commercials are really really expensive...lmao.

Sometimes you just cant fit it into the budget of a game. Obvious information, but it happens so often I think people forget.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
jordan0386 said:
Advertising is great, but commercials are really really expensive...lmao.

Sometimes you just cant fit it into the budget of a game. Obvious information, but it happens so often I think people forget.

Yeah, but they could have done a better job trying to reach JRPG fans.

Go for some viral marketing, have a website with regular updates, smaller stuff that goes a long way.

After the disaster that was ToTA you would think Namco would have learned a thing or two about advertising their Tales games.

Granted ToTA hit at about the same time as FFXII but come the hell on. You go from the excellent sales on the Gamecube game to the pitiful sales on the PS2 game and no alarms go off in your head?

Namco probably blew all of their advertising budget on SC4. I don't understand why because the SC series has enjoyed decent sales and has a name to work with(Not to mention having Star Wars characters for some ungodly reason). Tales on the other hand is already on life support in the US and when you make the risky move of putting the next game on the 360 without backing it up with some form of advertising and look what happens.

The JRPG fanbase on the 360 is at least 250,000 strong and can only go up from there(IU should pull some half-decent numbers since unlike ToV it actually had advertising) so what's Namco's explanation?

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
PepsimanVsJoe said:
After the disaster that was ToTA you would think Namco would have learned a thing or two about advertising their Tales games.

Granted ToTA hit at about the same time as FFXII but come the hell on. You go from the excellent sales on the Gamecube game to the pitiful sales on the PS2 game and no alarms go off in your head?

Namco probably blew all of their advertising budget on SC4. I don't understand why because the SC series has enjoyed decent sales and has a name to work with(Not to mention having Star Wars characters for some ungodly reason). Tales on the other hand is already on life support in the US and when you make the risky move of putting the next game on the 360 without backing it up with some form of advertising and look what happens.

The JRPG fanbase on the 360 is at least 250,000 strong and can only go up from there(IU should pull some half-decent numbers since unlike ToV it actually had advertising) so what's Namco's explanation?

Yeah, Namco is really at fault. The franchise has so much potential to appeal in the JRPG userbase and people who would not normally buy RPG's.

Great Story and Character Development? Check.
Great Design and Polish? Check.
Deep action based battle system? Check.
Consistent Quality for the main games? Check.

With all of these things in its favor, I am shocked that the game franchise is not consistently selling 600,000 copies when it damn well should be.

1z6zf38.jpg

Taurus

jordan0386 said:
Nintendo has shown great change but not much improvement over its competition.

/2cents
137428-1-1.jpg

If this isn't improvement over competition then what is?

Oh yeah, Wii doesn't have Cell or Blu-ray. Absolutely no improvement. Boo!

[Nintex]

The pointer certainly is an improvement and surprisingly the best feature of the Wii remote. The motion control depends on the game and is mostly tacked on.

Spiegel

[Nintex] said:
The pointer certainly is an improvement and surprisingly the best feature of the Wii remote. The motion control depends on the game and is mostly tacked on.

Agreed. I love the pointer, the motion control not so much.

Luckyman

Banned
Aaron Strife said:
I highly doubt World at War will do anywhere near what the 360 version will do as that seems to be the home for Call of Duty games and the FPS genre in general, but it will at least keep toe to toe with the PS3 version.

You are just delusional to think that. COD Wii won't even chart..

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
Luckyman said:

It's the only version worth looking at for me. *shrugs*

I just can't stand playing FPS games with only analog sticks. :I

Guled said:
definite? The pc version has the best graphics and controls, plus its the lead sku

Mouse control for aiming is nice but that means using the keyboard for everything else and that is just horrible for a game like RE4/5.

Still I'd rather have RE6 as a Wii exclusive than RE5 Wii Edition.

okrim

Banned
Nuclear Muffin said:
Mouse control for aiming is nice but that means using the keyboard for everything else and that is just horrible for a game like RE4/5.

Still I'd rather have RE6 as a Wii exclusive than RE5 Wii Edition.
RE6 on wii has nosense; maybe a spin off.

RJT

Imagine if COD4 Wii outsells the PS3 version. Boy, what an epic thread would it be :lol

yeah, I know, it's impossible... unless Nintendo advertises the shit out of it... Like I said, impossible.

RJT

SEGAmaniaco said:
wtf? owned?
Wow, that is probably the most tasteless thing I've seen on a public website. As I fan of tasteless things, I salute you!

However, as a fan of logic, I must say: WTF does owned got to do with that picture?

Luckyman said:
I doubt CoD is going to chart on any system.

Guitar Hero: World Tour, at least one SKU, will probably still be in the top ten at that point, same with Wii Fit/Mario Kart Wii/Wii Play (although one of them may drop). Then it has competition from Gears of War 2, Resistance 2 - both of which are in similar genres to that of Call of Duty which already has a strike against it for being Treyarch - and I guess Animal Crossing :lol

SEGAmaniaco said:
http://i37.tinypic.com/1z6zf38.jpg
You again? Didn't you get banned for racist insults against all Americans and GAFers in another brazillian forum?

It clearly should have been a permed one...

jay

SEGAmaniaco said:

It's funny because people died.

Sarcasm, this guy is a douche bag. I do think it's important to mention that it isn't that 9/11 jokes can't be funny. it's just that when you take something that still upsets a lot of people you need to make sure it's quality material. In other words it's not too soon, it's too soon for bad jokes.

Cheez-It

RJT said:
However, as a fan of logic, I must say: WTF does owned got to do with that picture?

Well, you could probably think of many 'owned' associations with that picture, but I personally think of America on the whole being owned, what with the terrorists accomplishing everything they set out to do thanks to Bush&Co.

And to the folks saying this is the most offensive image evar... Ignorance is bad.

I do agree with jay. If you're going to go over the top, at least be funny. That was far from 'mildly amusing', let alone the level it would need to justify the asshattery.

jay

duckroll said:
Okay guys, problem taken care of, no need to pile on it and keep qouting the offensive pic. Thanks.

In some small way, by censoring the man for posting an image, did not the terrorists win?

I have no idea if I am kidding.

duckroll

jay said:
In some small way, by censoring the man for posting an image, did not the terrorists win?

I have no idea if I am kidding.

GAF is not an avenue for free speech and open expression of anything you want, it's a Gaming forum with rules that include not being offensive and rude to people. This isn't Something Awful where anything games. I don't want to take this thread off topic though so if you really have more concerns or whatever, we can discuss it in PM. :p

Top Bottom