• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Please take your incest consisting series talk back to a Star Wars thread please. We only like to talk about wholesome things here.

pbayne

Sorry but had to share this post I found on WrestleGaf for its baffling stupidity:

cause Naruto and Dragon Ball are actually cool. I hardly consider them Anime. They're so American-ized that I proudly consider them a great part of our society.

Anime is the disgusting lame perverted stuff like Bayonetta and whatever else is on the AnimeGAF OP.

Pokemon isn't anime. Actually, anything after Johoto is Anime Pokemon.

Pokemon is still cool unless you talk about Gen 3+, that's when Pokemon becomes lame.

Edit: I should add that the rest of Wrestlegaf immediately shot this down. I love the term 'anime pokemon' though. WTF does that mean?

Mailbox

Hey count yourself lucky. Us in the UK got shafted with no release at all. I message Sentai nearly every day asking about it too.

Fuck why did Sentai get Kawai Complex? My favourite show in years and ahhh why Sentai why?

Damn, really sorry to hear that.
But still, a dvd release just isn't good enough for a show with this great of a use of contrasts and colours.

TUSR

Banned
Sorry but had to share this post I found on WrestleGaf for its baffling stupidity:

cause Naruto and Dragon Ball are actually cool. I hardly consider them Anime. They're so American-ized that I proudly consider them a great part of our society.

Anime is the disgusting lame perverted stuff like Bayonetta and whatever else is on the AnimeGAF OP.

Pokemon is still cool unless you talk about Gen 3+, that's when Pokemon becomes lame.

tell wrestlegaf to watch one punch man

Mailbox

I wonder how they feel about One Punch Man or Death Parade?

pbayne

Damn, really sorry to hear that.
But still, a dvd release just isn't good enough for a show with this great of a use of contrasts and colours.

Agreed. I just know the uk will not get Tonari no Seki-kun either. I really dislike that company.

To be fair to the guys on Wrestlegaf a lot of them do watch and praise stuff like One punch man, space dandy, ping pong etc.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Before people get their pantsu in a twist, WrestlingGAF also called that post silly. How about we don't try and start cross community arguments.

Sölf

Wat.

I need to see the reactions over there.

Edit: Well, found them. Rofl.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
OT2? Where's the Winter thread?

Also, GliFor is AOTY. Go Emily!

FMJjUhO.png

You know guys, sometimes I look back upon previous seasons when bored...

...Remember how people once thought Nobunaga the Fool was going to be a good show?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
oh geez. they just couldn't leave some silence during it huh
I guess they thought kids wouldn't be distracted enough by the exploding visuals. lol

wxXKul6l.png

I also noticed that the screen gets darker during some parts. I wonder if that's an error or like some kind of anti-exploding screen epilepsy thing.

Sölf

It didn't go full stupid like it needed to, I think.

The show needed to be more over the top.

I am not sure. For the most part, I got Escaflowne vibes, mainly because the whole thing also would have worked completely without Mechas. It was just an "interesting" setting. And, well, of course not as good as Escaflowne.

But Nobunagun was the better Nobunaga show that season anyway. S2 when?!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dt44cM9l.png

Oh man. lol

(They totally got rid of Rock-Paper-Scissors)

So PreCure's dub is produced by Studiopolis, who apparently does the Naruto dubs.

I could go for another season of Nobunagun too, Sölf.

From the New World Episode 10
Holy art style change Batman!

This change worked a lot better than the change in episode 4 did.

This episode was pretty sad. It provided a lot of information on how this world came to be.

Thoraxes

BUT we still don't have anything on a BD release of Kawaisou? .
They recently mentioned Kawaisou was one of those rights-holdback titles, and that it was actively being worked on at the time of someone asking in early November, iirc. It's still coming and it's still coming on bluray.

Expect it probably sometime mid-late next year if I had to take a shot in the dark.

The same thing is happening with Hidamari Honeycomb too. It's another rights-holdback title. It's not Sentai's choice to release a BD later; they literally can't do it because of the contract with the rights holders preventing them from doing so.

And I really loved Kawaisou too. I was super-bummed when I found out the release was DVD-only... at first. But the person running their twitter mentioned that a BD will still happen for it.

Glitter Force 01

I have had no exposure to Precure other than this and this dub is pretty good! Laura Bailey is the perfect Glitter Lucky!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Glitter Force 01

I have had no exposure to Precure other than this and this dub is pretty good! Laura Bailey is the perfect Glitter Lucky!
The dub has grown on me after 5 episodes. I even like the ending song now. lol

POOF POOF

The only bad thing is that they nerfed Peace's transformation tagline. Rock Paper Scissors translates to English, so I don't get why they took it out.

Mailbox

They recently mentioned Kawaisou was one of those rights-holdback titles, and that it was actively being worked on at the time of someone asking in early November, iirc. It's still coming and it's still coming on bluray.

Expect it probably sometime mid-late next year if I had to take a shot in the dark.

The same thing is happening with Hidamari Honeycomb too. It's another rights-holdback title. It's not Sentai's choice to release a BD later; they literally can't do it because of the contract with the rights holders preventing them from doing so.

And I really loved Kawaisou too. I was super-bummed when I found out the release was DVD-only... at first. But the person running their twitter mentioned that a BD will still happen for it.

I'll admit my ignorance. Thank you for being so kind as to tell me :)
Day one when it comes out on bluray. The art is just way too good for me not to :3

The dub has grown on me after 5 episodes. I even like the ending song now. lol

POOF POOF

The only bad thing is that they nerfed Peace's transformation tagline. Rock Paper Scissors translates to English, so I don't get why they took it out.

Starting the second episode now I think the OP has already grown on me. I'll probably watch Smile Precure! after I finish Glitter Force to compare to the original but based on the first episode this dub is very well done.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Starting the second episode now I think the OP has already grown on me. I'll probably watch Smile Precure! after I finish Glitter Force to compare to the original but based on the first episode this dub is very well done.
In terms of watching GliFor, one thing is that they only have 20 episodes, so I have no idea when they're going to release the rest. The other is that apparently they cut some episodes, so... it'll never be a complete version of the show.

Defuser

Edit: I should add that the rest of Wrestlegaf immediately shot this down. I love the term 'anime pokemon' though. WTF does that mean?
Wrasslegaf a bunch of hypocrite jock bastards who knew?
You know guys, sometimes I look back upon previous seasons when bored...

...Remember how people once thought Nobunaga the Fool was going to be a good show?
I wanna see the receipts.

Now that I think about it, Steve lasted rather long during the series, I think it took him three episodes of bad luck before he finally kicked the bucket, shame he never got to go back to America to eat some steak.

Now Jim for example, that guy did nothing right...

Pokemon is still cool unless you talk about Gen 3+, that's when Pokemon becomes lame.[/B]?

I agree with the fourth point due to nostalgia.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Glitter Force 1

If Glitter Force: Shades of Power isn't the name of the movie, anime has failed us.
Oh wow, I wonder if they even have the rights to the movie.

I assume they'll not use the OP that advertises the crossover Precure movie at the very least.

Glitter Force 02
The reaction faces and one liners are great.

In terms of watching GliFor, one thing is that they only have 20 episodes, so I have no idea when they're going to release the rest. The other is that apparently they cut some episodes, so... it'll never be a complete version of the show.
I knew going in that there were some missing episodes but I thought they would have the whole series up at release. Perhaps I'll watch up to Ep20 (or whatever the equivelent episode is) of Precure while I wait for the rest of Glitter Force.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Glitter Force 02
The reaction faces and one liners are great.

I knew going in that there were some missing episodes but I thought they would have the whole series up at release. Perhaps I'll watch up to Ep20 (or whatever the equivelent episode is) of Precure while I wait for the rest of Glitter Force.
Pay attention to Glitter Peace's hands at the end of her transformation in each episode. See if you can catch what they cut in the localization. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom