• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLACKLAC

Here's some more:
480330103-aaron-taylor-johnson-is-seen-filming-on-gettyimages.jpg

Gotta go fast!

It's so boring. I wish they would have changed it. I thought in the photo's posted a couple pages ago it looked like the colours matched his comic costume more but these images make it seem like that isn't so.

If they're not going to do the mask at least give him some colour to stand out.

...But he does have color, which is red. Even in the comics right now, all he has is the purple chevron over a black 't-shirt' and wears black pants & boots as well as sunglasses. I love that look but at least the MCU version of the costume is more functional from a soldier standpoint.

anaron

Liking SW's final look a lot more but I really hope they bring in some sort of headpiece to complete it. I wonder if it will be introduced at the end as a way to help control her powers or something like that.

Wazzy

Banned
...But he does have color, which is red. Even in the comics right now, all he has is the purple chevron over a black 't-shirt' and wears black pants & boots as well as sunglasses. I love that look but at least the MCU version of the costume is more functional from a soldier standpoint.

A small part of the vest being red is not what I would really call standing out. I'm not a fan of the T-shirt look either but I also don't think Renner is a great Hawkeye so meh.

I just think he would be better if he had more of a comic costume(original, not new one) since I love seeing them adapt their costumes into the films.

I want to see Ultron's face up close!

I wonder if they are doing it similar to Iron Man and having practical parts of the body enhanced by CGI, or if that's just a stand-in that will get replaced entirely.

A small part of the vest being red is not what I would really call standing out. I'm not a fan of the T-shirt look either but I also don't think Renner is a great Hawkeye so meh.

I just think he would be better if he had more of a comic costume(original, not new one) since I love seeing them adapt their costumes into the films.

I thought Renner was great with what little he really had to work with so I guess I do have a bit of a bias. The costume itself is actually very cool up-close, which I got to see at USC when the props & costumes were on display a few years ago (I have all the photos stored on my camera atm). Again, it works well with MCU Hawkeye who appears to be more militaristic in look, even with the minimal coloring.

The Art of the Avengers book did discuss why they went with what they did and though not many are thrilled, I thought it was fine really.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I want to see Ultron's face up close!

I wonder if they are doing it similar to Iron Man and having practical parts of the body enhanced by CGI, or if that's just a stand-in that will get replaced entirely.

He might just be there for VFX referencing. The costume isn't particularly well fitting for it to be enhanced like they did in the first Iron Man, and seems pretty bulky to paint out. If Spader was acting on set, I would think they would just give him a mocap suit.

Wazzy

Banned
I thought Renner was great with what little he really had to work with so I guess I do have a bit of a bias. The costume itself is actually very cool up-close, which I got to see at USC when the props & costumes were on display a few years ago (I have all the photos stored on my camera atm). Again, it works well with MCU Hawkeye who appears to be more militaristic in look, even with the minimal coloring.

The Art of the Avengers book did discuss why they went with what they did and though not many are thrilled, I thought it was fine really.

I found his personality to be dull in the movie. Granted, he wasn't given a big role but even when he was good again, his hawkeye was boring.

I guess I'll wait and see how he is in this one but man I wish he would be replaced by Jensen Ackles.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Quicksilver looks utterly ridic, but I'll refrain from judging until I see some promotional pictures/video.

I remember that the first pictores from Captain America: The First Avenger looked like hot garbage, yet the movie ended up having some of the strongest art direction of the entire MCU, easily on par with Thor.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
Maybe they are going to take advantage of the longer hair to show movement when he is running?

That's my assumption as well. He doesn't have a cape so his hair is the only thing that can go flapping in the wind.

He looks alright just a little bland, but Quicksilver's always been a bland looking character.

Wazzy

Banned
The more photo's I see of Quicksilver the more I love him. He looks great. Love the hair though in some shot's it looks weird.

jph139

Quicksilver is mixed at best but Scarlet Witch is so perfect. Like, "I can't wait until they inevitably change her comics costume to match" good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom