• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baby Yoda Canceled Amid Accusations of Genocide

GeorgPrime

Banned

The Mandalorian didn't even last two episodes into its second season before the mob went after it.

Shut the fuck up Snowflake. Baby Yoda is great. My mother was laughing her ass off when he ate the eggs. xD

Its literally a chicken egg for him. And iam sure the people who want to cancel them are doing a chicken genocide everyday

diffusionx

Gold Member
The weird thing is how people get emotionally invested in this character and project their value system onto him. Basically they're mad because they wouldn't eat the frog eggs and how dare Baby Yoda do that. Well, if you were Baby Yoda, of course you would eat the frog eggs, because you would be a fictional character written in an office to serve a purpose in a plot.

Of all the weird SJW/millenial trends this treatment of fictional characters like they are flesh and blood is right up there and very damaging for art as a whole.

Last edited:
W

Whataborman

Unconfirmed Member
It's fiction.

When you're a mentally ill SJW it's hard to tell the difference between reality and fiction.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think our normalizing of mental illness is what is leading to the slow (or not so slow) downfall of our society.

Seriously mentally ill people, who would have been in an asylum a century ago are now just given pills that may or may not actually work and allowed to walk the streets unsupervised. Then the internet allows to them interact with other mentally ill people who share their delusions and suddenly they think they are "normal" and can't understand why the rest of us would question anything they say.

When you're a mentally ill SJW it's hard to tell the difference between reality and fiction.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think our normalizing of mental illness is what is leading to the slow (or not so slow) downfall of our society.

Seriously mentally ill people, who would have been in an asylum a century ago are now just given pills that may or may not actually work and allowed to walk the streets unsupervised. Then the internet allows to them interact with other mentally ill people who share their delusions and suddenly they think they are "normal" and can't understand why the rest of us would question anything they say.

8SfGZPL.jpg

Happosai

Hold onto your panties

The Mandalorian didn't even last two episodes into its second season before the mob went after it.
Well, they pretty much sold the Mandalorian on the baby Yoda alone. If they cancel that -- might as well cancel the rest of the season. I've never seen it but all I've seen of it is the baby Yoda. That was their marketing ticket for the show.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Someone photoshop ACB as leia saying "I will save the frog people!" while holding up the severed head of baby yoda (aka the Kathy Griffith image with trump's head).

Really give the libs conflicted feelings :p

oagboghi2

Devil's advocate time. I kinda agree with them.

I wasn't offended or angry watching the episode, but It was annoying how often they ran back to this stupid joke about Baby Yoda eating the eggs.

And yes, I know they aren't fertilized, but in the context of the episode we are supposed to care for the mother and her eggs, they matter deeply to her, which is fine, except for when they don't matter. They motivate her to push Mando along...but at the same time her babies are being eaten and she doesn't seem to notice or care.

I liked that Mando would scold Baby Yoda whenever he saw him(?) grab for them, but I kinda wish there was a point the show stated what Baby Yoda was doing was wrong, or atleast stupid. His gluttony started the bullshit with the spiders.

Instead it just seems like every reaction to Baby Yoda is supposed to be "aw how cute." I don't know, maybe I'm just tired of this character being so one dimensional.

It's still a really good show, so whatever.

And yes before anyone starts I knows it's fictional. My issue is with the writing.

JimiNutz

Banned
Baby Yoda was surviving, taking care of himself and ensuring his body is provided with the right nutrition. What he did isn't wrong. If he's been stuck in that cave for a while longer he'd need to eat all of those eggs.

The frog should have taken better care of her eggs if she cared so much. Poor maternal instincts, maybe she's the sort of frog that shouldn't have children? Maybe Baby Yoda can sense this through the Force which is why he's happy to eat the eggs?

It's a deeply complex ethical issue and not so black and white.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Stuff like that gives me the wish for "World War 3" so the people will face the harsh reality for the time being again. One of the french older guys said it too after terroist attacks.... "We lived way too long without a real WAR so we forgot about how cruel this world is.... everywhere without exception. That barbarians are out there still trying to kill us for being different every day and that it can happen at anytime.".

They had to much peace their whole live and that kinda seems to make them mentally broken whiny bitches. They have way too much time to think about too much useless stuff.

If its not terrorism, those mentally ill people who should be put into real work for once are the reason i dont like living here anymore. Most of them are not doing anything useful for society at all.

Its like this theory about civilizations:

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

We are kind of in the last sequence now.

So we literally creating our own hard times now based on shit due to bad leaders... then everything will explode sometime later and then we go back to good leaders that finally take serious control again and create good times.

Good times were like the 80 / 90 early 2000 but since 2010 and stuff... we literally getting worse and worse when it comes to society.. and we got a lot bad leaders right now. :)

The only question is "How bad is it going to get until someone takes control and tells all those idiots to shut the fuck up?"

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Stuff like that gives me the wish for "World War 3" so the people will face the harsh reality for the time being again. One of the french older guys said it too after terroist attacks.... "We lived way too long without a real WAR so we forgot about how cruel this world is.... everywhere without exception. That barbarians are out there still trying to kill us for being different every day and that it can happen at anytime.".

They had to much peace their whole live and that kinda seems to make them mentally broken whiny bitches. They have way too much time to think about too much useless stuff.

If its not terrorism, those mentally ill people who should be put into real work for once are the reason i dont like living here anymore. Most of them are not doing anything useful for society at all.

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

So we literally creating our own hard times now based on shit due to bad leaders... then everything will explode sometime later and then we go back to good leaders that finally take serious control again and create good times.

Good times were like the 80 / 90 early 2000 but since 2010 and stuff... we literally getting worse and worse when it comes to society.. and we got a lot bad leaders right now. :)

The only question is "How bad is it going to get until someone takes control and tells all those idiots to shut the fuck up?"
dude, it's just star wars. Calm down

Last edited:

GarryM

Neo Member

jeez.

lock2k

Banned

It's what I always say.

Get these spoiled motherfuckers to live in a Brazilian favela and trying to survive for a whole year to see if they're going to worry about fucking Baby Yoda's eggs. Too much of a good life makes people retarded.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It's what I always say.

Get these spoiled motherfuckers to living in a Brazilian favela and trying to survive for a whole year to see if they're going to worry about fucking Baby Yoda's eggs. Too much of a good life makes people retarded.

As I said countless times,

When the brain no longer has to fight for survival, it starts to fight itself.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Wait... that was it? THIS is the genocide? Like, 5 eggs out of what is clearly hundreds. Dear lord the over exaggeration is real.

Also these people really need to separate fantasy from reality.
It wasn't hundreds, looked like she had maybe 3-4 dozen to me.

But she didn't even lock the case (if that would work against a force user). She probably expects a 95% egg loss as a frog anyway.

I gotta say, I really thought Baby Yoda was either gonna spit up those eggs unharmed by the end or get some sort of comeuppance for eating a few. That the ep ended so abruptly was genius!

That eating some eggs trumps FUCKING ICE SPIDERS shows that this show is legend.

tkscz

Devil's advocate time. I kinda agree with them.

I wasn't offended or angry watching the episode, but It was annoying how often they ran back to this stupid joke about Baby Yoda eating the eggs.

And yes, I know they aren't fertilized, but in the context of the episode we are supposed to care for the mother and her eggs, they matter deeply to her, which is fine, except for when they don't matter. They motivate her to push Mando along...but at the same time her babies are being eaten and she doesn't seem to notice or care.

I liked that Mando would scold Baby Yoda whenever he saw him(?) grab for them, but I kinda wish there was a point the show stated what Baby Yoda was doing was wrong, or atleast stupid. His gluttony started the bullshit with the spiders.

Instead it just seems like every reaction to Baby Yoda is supposed to be "aw how cute." I don't know, maybe I'm just tired of this character being so one dimensional.

It's still a really good show, so whatever.

And yes before anyone starts I knows it's fictional. My issue is with the writing.

That's barely play DA there. It's a lazy joke, that's your biggest issue with it and I can understand that.

Their issue isn't the joke, but that he's committing "genocide"

It wasn't hundreds, looked like she had maybe 3-4 dozen to me.

But she didn't even lock the case (if that would work against a force user). She probably expects a 95% egg loss as a frog anyway.

I gotta say, I really thought Baby Yoda was either gonna spit up those eggs unharmed by the end or get some sort of comeuppance for eating a few. That the ep ended so abruptly was genius!

That eating some eggs trumps FUCKING ICE SPIDERS shows that this show is legend.

I thought those spider eggs were the same eggs at a different state. So yeah, dozens.

Last edited:

Stouffers

Banned
Cunth Cunth ’s mother has to be deeply offended by Mando having to wear a mask 24x7 considering all of her lovers require her to wear a paper-bag over her head during the deed. It is the way.

Stouffers

Banned
Now imagine people being outraged at the lowest unemployment rates ever, lower taxes, no forced Obamacare mandate, no new wars, and peace in the Middle East.

Oh wait, same people.
They’re enraged because he wants to destroy gay people, persons of color, soulless gingers and the crippled.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Figures... the only thing worth watching from Star Wars in god knows how long and the wokies want to cancel it.

They cant let a normal Streaming Show get better results than the last three movies together lol so better cancel it before everyone realizes xD

I have to watch it now again for another genocide omelette

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
They cant let a normal Streaming Show get better results than the last three movies together lol so better cancel it before everyone realizes xD

I have to watch it now again for another genocide omelette

These fuckers get off on starving fans of the content they cherish. Fuck the lot of them.

SinDelta

Just want to ask, were people this upset when Alderaan, Jedah or Hosnian Prime and their billions of people were obliterated? I don't recall seeing such a outcry, though to be fair none of those events were shown in a dark humor light.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
Just want to ask, were people this upset when Alderaan, Jedah or Hosnian Prime and their billions of people were obliterated? I don't recall seeing such a outcry, though to be fair none of those events were shown in a dark humor light.

None of these events feature a creature baby that literally eats everything because it doesnt know better.

And he even ate that fucking spider baby before the whole spider colony was killed off

Last edited:
Top Bottom