• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back in my Play: A Podcast for Nostalgic Gamers (New Episodes Every Sunday)

Latest Episode:
BimP Gaiden: Akihabara Virtual Tour

jtouOc7LTi4Yi.jpg

Join Kevin and Natsumi as we take a virtual tour through Akihabara and discuss the best used game shops, how to get the best deals, Japanese terms you can use while shopping, and more!

You can support Back in my Play by becoming a Patreon:
http://www.patreon.com/backinmyplay

Previous Episodes:

Next Episode:
Star Fox 64?

drspeedy

loving the Saturn attention- totally underrated console, much like my beloved Dreamcast [sniff]

Now when are you reviewing DKCR 3DS? You have my tweet and review!

drspeedy

Giving it out today. I have already played it before.

Awesome- that's a really cool "extra" for listeners.

I'm actually hoping that Nintendo starts to consider utilizing re-releases for 3DS and WiiU, ala DKCR and Wind Waker. The WiiU is already struggling with a stale release schedule, there's tons of great GCN and Wii games that deserve a new coat of paint, and could help fill the lull in releases we're seeing now. Putting a slew of remasters out on the eShop would be welcomed vs the current calendar- 2015 certainly isn't looking very encouraging.

I didn't always feel that way, at first I assumed remastering was just a cheap cop out to cover what's basically poor planning in development... But the the games are good, and the retreads are worthy overhauls. It's an easy way to keep fans happy and make some money. Then again, this is Nintendo we're talking about here...

Come on Back in my Play fans! WE HAVE 3 HOURS to sell 9 shirts to get the next run printed. Awesome Japanese consoles! teespring.com/backinmyplay2

Ultima_5

Just wanted to say how much I've been enjoying the show! I've been a long time listener of Player One, and finally got around to listening to Back in my Play. Really enjoying it!

Keep up the good work!

Just wanted to say how much I've been enjoying the show! I've been a long time listener of Player One, and finally got around to listening to Back in my Play. Really enjoying it!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks, please review it on iTunes and spread the word! Thanks again!

I have some awesome guests and concepts in the works. Stay tuned.

Keep up the good work!

Yay! P1P is awesome; glad you're hanging out in the retro world with us too.

Latest Episode:
Episode 36: Mighty Final Fight

This episode we revisit Mighty Final Fight with Phil Theobald and have a discussion about weird series spin offs.

Previous Episodes:

Next Episode:
Akihabara Virtual Tour/Guide

drspeedy

I am interviewing Gregg Tavares this week for the show. He has worked on a ton of games in the past including doing the design of M.C. Kids.

Here is his bio on Moby games: http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,980/

Reply with any questions/topics for him.

Kevin, I have no clue how you continue to get awesome top tier guests like this, but whatever you're doing, keep it up! Congrats on the patreon as well!

I'd love to hear Gregg's take on the current industry situation vs the good old days- aka, why do so many licensed games suck nowadays- MC Kids was awesome!

And what's the one backlog game he's never beaten... We've all got one (or several)

Kevin, I have no clue how you continue to get awesome top tier guests like this, but whatever you're doing, keep it up! Congrats on the patreon as well!

I'd love to hear Gregg's take on the current industry situation vs the good old days- aka, why do so many licensed games suck nowadays- MC Kids was awesome!

And what's the one backlog game he's never beaten... We've all got one (or several)

Good questions! Glad you are enjoying the guests!

orient

Neo Member
The first ep of Diggin in the Carts was awesome. Love this kind of stuff.

Rebuilt my childhood Master System library over the past month or so: Alex Kidd in Miracle World, Wonder Boy, Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap, Hang On, Black Belt, Lucky Dime Caper feat. Donald Duck, Fantasy Zone, Double Dragon and Phantasy Star. Feels good!

If you told me 20 years ago I would get to interview the designer of M.C. Kids I would have no idea what you were talking about, I was 8.

The interview with Gregg was awesome. Hit on a ton of subjects. Look for it soon!

I am interviewing Nick Dwyer writer/producer of "Diggin in the Carts" a documentary about Japanese video game music and it's creators tonight.

Let me know if you have any questions for him.

dperrin

I am interviewing Nick Dwyer writer/producer of "Diggin in the Carts" a documentary about Japanese video game music and it's creators tonight.

Let me know if you have any questions for him.

I am really enjoying the documentary. Anything videogame history related I love. Can't wait for the interview!

Latest Episode:
Bimp Gaiden: Gregg Tavares

Game industry veteran Gregg Tavares joins Kevin to talk about his early days of porting arcade games, his days at Sega during the Dreamcast era, what he thinks of games today, and of course M.C. Kids.

Previous Episodes:

Next Episode:
Akihabara Virtual Tour/Guide

Top Bottom