• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back in my Play: A Podcast for Nostalgic Gamers (New Episodes Every Sunday)

Latest Episode:
Episode 40: Mike Mika’s Time Machine (Part II)

This is one jam packed episode with Mike Mika talking about completion of #IDARB’s production, some exclusive news, the future of game preservation with games shipping broken, newly found prototypes, Atari:Game Over documentary, NBA JAM, Sega Saturn, The Atari Jaguar, and on! Basically Mike and I just chatted about games for 90 minutes.

You can support Back in my Play by becoming a Patreon:
http://www.patreon.com/backinmyplay

Previous Episodes:

Next Episode:
Shin Shinobi Den

Giving away a NA shop code for New Super Mario Bros WiiU today on Twitter.

To enter follow @KevinLarrabee and @Backinmyplay.

Then reply to both with your favorite world from a SMB game (i.e. Big World from SMB3)

Just started listening to this podcast yesterday - very nice! I'm most of the way through Episode 0. Gonna pick out some of my favorites and give them a listen.

Biggest selling point? You guys played Bonk's Adventure, one of my favorite games of all time. That one will be next.

Just started listening to this podcast yesterday - very nice! I'm most of the way through Episode 0. Gonna pick out some of my favorites and give them a listen.

Biggest selling point? You guys played Bonk's Adventure, one of my favorite games of all time. That one will be next.

And Bonk's Revenge! I hope you find the show progressively improves as you go through the episodes.

Are you ever going to do a show with Josh again, or is this now just a solo effort?

At some point yes. The format is not locked in. Even more difficult while I am in Japan to schedule stuff between 2 people, let alone 3. I think it is good to get more perspectives on and it keeps the show interesting.

Teknoman

Reminds me that I havent seen a GBP in person since...forever. I keep seeing OG Game Boys, Colors, Advance and SP...even a Micro here and there, but never a Pocket.

Hang out with Greg Sewart as he raises money for children's hospitals. I will be hanging in the chat to talk retro games: twitch.tv/sewart

thought I would post some of my pickups from Japan. Most of it is from the local shop in the small town I am at. Akihabara got pretty cleaned out from TGS:

Some really great deals on the Zelda book for 100yen, GO GO Ackman, and the 100yen DC/Saturn games.

Latest Episode:
Episode 38: Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins

This episode we remember and revisit our first portable game, Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. Peter Brown and Josh Hiller join Kevin to share their personal memories with the game, how it holds up, mid generation game boy games, retro game shopping in Japan, New 3DS, Playstation TV, and a PSA for game collectors.

You can support Back in my Play by becoming a Patreon:
http://www.patreon.com/backinmyplay

Previous Episodes:

Next Episode:
Sega Net

Benefits of being in Japan and recording in the morning!

Also I am back on 8-4 Play this week, let me know if there is anything you want me to discuss.

orient

Neo Member
My BimP hoody arrived :D Very comfortable. Unfortunately I won't get to wear it for a good 5 months because Australian heat.

Now I want to pick up some GB hardware. Still got my original turquoise GBC with Pokemon Red but I never owned a Pocket. I have nostalgia for the GB, but even back then I had the feeling that most of the games were just a bit too primitive compared to console games, and I wanted something more. Then the GBA came along and proceeded to be frickin' incredible.

Nose Master

I was looking for new podcasts to listen to at work, and holy shit. This is great. Gonna burn through the backlog in like two weeks, lol.

Jarnet87

Nice collection of games you picked up, especially Lunar. Love the first game. it's a travesty Lunar and Lunar 2 aren't on PSN.

Nice collection of games you picked up, especially Lunar. Love the first game. it's a travesty Lunar and Lunar 2 aren't on PSN.

I just bought the Lunar game because it was $2 and for the soundtrack on the CD :) No way I can play it in Japanese.

I heard the PSP version is good.

StevieWhite

Unreal tournament and PSO on sega net are some fond gaming memories. In prepping for the episode, have you come across any active communities for old DC games? Always amazes me what peoppeople are willing to do to play "dead" games over the Internet.

CO_Andy

Thought we were going to get the Castlevania IV episode as a Halloween special, but instead we get Super Mario Land 2. Why do you hate Mitch, Kevin?

Jokes aside, it was a good episode, and it was nice to see Josh back.

orient

Neo Member
Oh man, it's sad but I loved Limp Bizkit. If I had seen that ad at the time I would've made more of an effort to get my Dreamcast online. Instead I was stuck playing Quake III single-player.

Teknoman

Unreal tournament and PSO on sega net are some fond gaming memories. In prepping for the episode, have you come across any active communities for old DC games? Always amazes me what peoppeople are willing to do to play "dead" games over the Internet.

Quake 3, Daytona, and PSO for me.

Top Bottom