• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's gate I & II coming to Xbox Game Pass

Draugoth

Gold Member
According to a push notification that some subscribers are receiving, it looks as though Baldur's Gate I and Baldur's Gate II are coming to Game Pass!This has happened two other times this year with Shadow Warrior 3 Definitive Edition and Maquette, and both wound up actually happening

46FbRNH.jpeg

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I honestly would recommend to skip the first 2 and go straight for the 3rd one.
Yeah, they look pretty rough. I did play several hours of Neverwinter Nights back in the day and uh ... Temple of Elemental Evil. I'll give it a shot but I have low expectations.

spons

Gold Member
I got the notification as well, which means they did it again. Obviously sent out too early but it's 100% happening.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I have finished a few, but, yeah, only a very few. And I was blown away by BG2 back in the day, adored it, but never finished because it demands attention and devotion. Same with both PoE. But I will second Wasteland 3 recommendation. It very addictive and has flat-out amazing satirical writing.
I always forget about that, but I will try that as well one of these days.

I've never played any of these so that's cool.

Probably going to try and play Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2 first though. I don't think I've ever fully finished a cRPG.
Dunno why so many have it out for Pillars of Eternity. I played Baldur's Gate way back and enjoyed them generally all infinity engine games. Replayed BG 1 and 2 just a few months ago to completion and loved them. Tried Pillars for the first time last month and I loved that too! Finished it out a week or two ago. Playing the sequel now love them both. As to which to play first maybe BG because it's a little more dated but if you like them it shouldn't be a problem.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I’ve never played a game in the series. Might try it once these drop. Do I need to start with the first?

I’ve never played a game in the series. Might try it once these drop. Do I need to start with the first?
You don't have to really, they are connected but not ridiculously so. I'd still play the first personally because if feels like a more gradual introduction to how things work. Many would disagree and say to just jump into BG II but I personally like the first one better. They are both good.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Definitely get the sense that 3 will follow suit when it's ready. The delay actually helps in that regard, as I doubt day one would have been viable.

Hudo

Gold Member
Man I wish we had a dislike button
then every post on this site would have at least one dislike. People are generally much quicker to dislike shit than to like shit. I think this was also the basic reasoning when implementing the "like" system was first discussed on here.

Top Bottom