• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate 3 'Isn't Going to be on Game Pass', Insists Larian Boss; "We made a big game, so I think there's a fair price to be paid for that."

Maybe they should get a physical release out too if they're such a premium product.

And no, I don't mean an even more expensive version that comes with a bunch of doodads and you can only order online from the developer's website.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Maybe they should get a physical release out too if they're such a premium product.

And no, I don't mean an even more expensive version that comes with a bunch of doodads and you can only order online from the developer's website.

You have a point.

Alan Wake 2 got a lot of shit for being digital only but BG3 was kinda just exempt from the same criticism for the longest while.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
That's a weird stance to take in what is arguably one of the best years for game pass🤷‍♂️
I mean, he's right about this part... especially with the unpolished quality that was Redfall, Starfield and Forza.

I can also imagine that, if they were gauranteed to get some risk-free minimum income, they wouldn't have cared as much to polish it to the extent they did. In that way I can definitely see GP devaluating the standards that companies set for themselves. We see it in other services too (Netflix).

I'm not paying 70 bucks for a digital game. Not even an acclaimed one. Sorry, not sorry.
Strongly agree, my friend. The hype for this game came right at a time when I was vulnerable. I rarely buy digital, and have never paid more than $40 for a digital game. I bought BG3 at full price and regret it. If I had a disc, I could pass it along to someone who would play it. Never again.

well i just won't play it then, never would have been interested otherwise.
Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF

Then why do so many developers put there games on gamepass?
I guess developers who put there games on gamepass are dumb and don't know what they are doing.
Do you think there are more developers putting their games on gamepass or more developers who AREN'T putting their games on gamepass?
Be honest....

Ev1L AuRoN

I'm not paying 70 bucks for a digital game. Not even an acclaimed one. Sorry, not sorry.
I rarely buy games at 70, only the ones I'm really want to enjoy on the launch windows, for the rest I wait until the game is more palatable at 30~40 bucks, an example, I bought FFXVI just now on the BF sale, and I'm glad I waited, that game don't worth full price.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Yet, if two years from now ms showed up at thier office with 100 million for 2 years on gamepass, they would take it in a split second.

Top Bottom