• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate II disappearing?

Vieo

I picked up the Baldur's Gate II collection yesterday at Gamestop for $19(I played and beat BG2 when it first came out, then sold the game before playing the expansion =*(). The thing is, this game was a bitch to find. There's like 13 Gamestops and countless EBs, EBX, etc in my area and only one Gamestop had the game in stock and it was the last one when I bought it. CompUSA had some, but strangely enough they were selling the game for $29.99. =P

So I was wondering, is BG2's being hard to find due to the fact that the game is going to go out of print soon? I can't even find BG1 in stores. I already have it, but I want the Tales of the Sword Cost expansion. I'm planning on re-playing through the entire series after this summer calculus business is over.

Hmm... I guess I should try to get my hands on the Icewind Dale Trilogy as well.

P.S. Weren't there rumors of Baldur's Gate 3. Any more mentioned abou it?

Yeah, I haven't been able to find BG1. I'd love to play it before I start playing BG2, but alas, I cannot find it. Perhaps online retailers carry it - I bought BG2 from www.futureshop.ca last year.

Too many Baldur's Gate games...I thought this was about the Dark Alliance games.

So this Baldur's Gate 2 is more of an RPG than hack-n-slash, right? I might pick it up next time I see it.

epmode

bune duggy said:
Too many Baldur's Gate games...I thought this was about the Dark Alliance games.

So this Baldur's Gate 2 is more of an RPG than hack-n-slash, right? I might pick it up next time I see it.
you haven't played a traditional baldur's gate? they're completely different than the dungeon hacks. 971236792135 times better. i'd suggest buying part 2. it's absolutely massive. like, morrowind massive.

of course, if you're looking for more rpg than dungeon crawling, do everything you can to get planescape: torment.

Xkiko

Baldur's gate 2 sure is great, but the problem is I'm not good at all playing it.
I've got like 15 uncompleted missions on my journal that sucks I never get forward and I make characters that can't do anything. I have big problems choosing characters, everything just goes wrong.

Someone teach me to play it! (Guess I have to keep trying)

Azih

You have to be reeaaally strategic in Baldur's Gate II combat. You have to make sure your mages have the kind of spells memorised that you need to take on the enemies that you'll find in the misson you're trying to accomplish. For example if you're taking on vampires then you *need* all kinds of spell breach spells. You also have to use every character the way they're meant to be used.

Oh and Nalia sucks.

Mashing

I think Negative Energy Protection is more needed when fighting Vampires... I think I died more to being level drained to level 0 than actually being physically killed.

Baldur's Gate II = Interplay and isn't Interplay pretty much dead? If you are a fan of this series and are missing any of the games/expansion packs, get'em quick.

Top Bottom