• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

augmental

RoboPlato said:
Is there any way to get the Earth One costume in the US? I like the look of that even more than the standard costume.

Per Eurogamer all of the skins will be available at some point in time as DLC.

Luken

I pre-ordered this game, the fights choreography looks awesome. Countering two or three enemies at the same time is incredible for a fighting game. I wish there was a video documentary showing how they did that. And I wish they would make some multiplayer co-op as DLC with Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Catwomen and Batgirl. Making some kind of burly brawl multiplayer map pack.

luffeN

Hey Germany/Austria GAF:

• Bei Amazon erhält der Kunde eine exklusive Steelbook-Verpackung in Catwoman Design und zusätzlich das Robin DLC-Pack.
  • Bei Saturn erhält der Kunde in der Vorbestellbox die DVD „Batmans Rückkehr“ und zusätzlich den Skin „Batman Animated Series“.
  • Bei Media Markt erhält der Kunde eine exklusive Steelbook-Verpackung in Joker Design und zusätzlich die „Joker’s Carnival Challenge Map“.
  • Bei GameStop erhält der Kunde eine exklusive Lenticular-Verpackung und zusätzlich den Skin „Batman Earth One“.
  • Bei Müller erhält der Kunde den Skin „Batman Beyond"
  • Bei Expert erhält der Kunde den Skin „Batman Year One“
  • Bei Media Markt/Saturn Österreich erhält der Kunde den Skin „Batman Animated Series“
  • Außerdem bieten ausgewählte Fachhändler in Österreich den DLC-Code für den Skin „Batman Beyond“ und ausgewählte Fachhändler in Deutschland den DLC-Code für den Skin „Batman Year One Skin“ an.

Doomrider

Varth said:
LOL @ dispassionate. There was almost a brawl to get the code here. It's just that I feel free to comment only stuff that already came out and wasn't in the NDA.
I played the PS3 version, btw. No real performance issue to mention. Each one of the small graphical niggles is coming from the UE.
How was I supposed to guess that? =P I was partly joking, I know you guys can't just come in here and tell us what you thought about the game.

That's a relief! I can deal with UE's shortcomings just fine. Thanks for the info.

Lifejumper said:
A question I hope Varth or Lithor can answer:

Does anything unlock after completing the game, like skins ?
One of the reviews states that you get
The Long Halloween costume for Catwoman
after beating the game. I'm sure there are, at least, more skins.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
uGoVY.jpg

Ninhead

Nightwing character pack - $6.99 (11/1/11)
Robin character pack - $6.99 (11/22/11)
Batman skins pack - $4.99 (12/6/11)

Just announced preorderable at Gamestop.

RPGCrazied

Is this really suppose to be 40+ hours like they are claiming? That's one of the only things I hated about AA, just felt short to me. I think I beat it in 14hours. I know this isn't suppose to be an epic RPG, but, I would like to have it last longer than AA did.

Neither the 360 nor the PS3 has exclusive content or DLC this time around right? Especially nothing like the Joker stuff on the PS3 right?

graywolf323

Ninhead said:

Warner Bros keeping up the trend of overcharging for stuff it seems

Ninhead said:

So the Nightwing pack better be there day one for PC. Those better not get pushed back as well.

Luigi87

Hmm, I think I should replay Arkham Asylum before this comes out.

As it stands, AA is still the only game I've managed to ever Platinum...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Soulstar said:
This may be a silly question but is this site trustworthy? I've never heard of it before so I rather be sure before I jump in.

I think at least one or two GAFers have bought their Arkham City key from there, but I can't be sure. I suggest you jump on eBay - chances are you'll snag a code for less than USD$38. (I paid around that for mine, anyway, because the normal auctions all ended at some ridiculous hour due to the time differences and I didn't feel like getting up at, say, 4AM to snipe. :p)

graywolf323 said:
Warner Bros keeping up the trend of overcharging for stuff it seems

I can't say I blame them. Look at the fools who were paying something up to $50 for the MK costumes. Hell, they are being put up for "pre-order" for gamestop. Will the internet run out or something?

If someone didn't care to have the pre-order stuff right off the bat, they could sell their codes for a pretty penny on Ebay I would imagine.

BTW links for anyone interested
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/add-ons/batman-arkham-city-skins-pack/97715
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/add-ons/batman-arkham-city-robin-bundle/97711

I think this seals the deal for me. Kmart offer and use the gift card to get a PSN card.

Ridley327 said:
Robin definitely does; I'd be really surprised if Nightwing didn't.
Since it's the same price as the Robin one, I'm assuming there will likely be three skins as well. Besides the leaked black/blue one, maybe the old disco-era costume and the current black and red one.

jackdoe

The Nature Roy said:
Since it's the same price as the Robin one, I'm assuming there will likely be three skins as well. Besides the leaked black/blue one, maybe the old disco-era costume and the current black and red one.
Screw the current black and red one. Give us the Dick Grayson Batman costume.

Ragus

Banned
Sickboy007 said:
The Year One skin looks so good :(

Batman-Year-One-Pre-Order.jpg

I have to agree. Probably me favourite one next to The Animated Series Batman.

I'm happy, as I will get Year One suit with my preorder.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I really, really want to play this game but all this DLC skins and packs are making it hard for me not to wait for the Game of the Year edition or at least a $20 price drop on the actual game.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I hope they have the 3D viewer again... for whatever reason I really loved looking at the detailed models when I unlocked them. One of the neatest bonuses. :)

JohngPR

Maybe they will have a season pass where you can get all of the content for cheaper. I think I'd do it for this game.

GrayFoxPL

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
Random thought: Would anyone like to see Rocksteady make a Superman game? lol

Noir game in the vein of Max Payne would be awesome. Rockstedy would show Rockstar how it's done.

DD-11

RPGCrazied said:
Is this really suppose to be 40+ hours like they are claiming? That's one of the only things I hated about AA, just felt short to me. I think I beat it in 14hours. I know this isn't suppose to be an epic RPG, but, I would like to have it last longer than AA did.

I spent about 50 hours in AA. It depends on how you play your games. I wouldn't expect it to be much longer than the original.

comrade said:
When I was playing on PC I thought it was funny the game looked better then the cutscenes.
The cutscenes are typically formatted for the consoles, so they are in 720p that gets stretched to your monitor's resolution. It makes them look like shit.

Sober

krameriffic said:
The cutscenes are typically formatted for the consoles, so they are in 720p that gets stretched to your monitor's resolution. It makes them look like shit.
They look like crap regardless, even AA's ones. I play at 1280x1024 so it shouldn't scale anyways (just gives it to me letterboxed with no stretching).

No idea how they are gonna handle cutscenes with DLC costumes if he reverts back to default rocksteady Batman (other than skipping them, of course).

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Anasui Kishibe said:
I'd rather a Daredevil game by Rocksteady
Fuck yeah, that would be awesome.

I'm extremely excited for this game, but I'm not really excited over the collector's edition. Why does Batman: Gotham Knight have to be included in the CE? Why can't it be Mask of Phantasm, Batman: Year One, or Under of the Red Hood? I hated Gotham Knight.

jackdoe

The Nature Roy said:
I'd like the black and red one if it also included a significantly less Emo-ish looking Grayson than the leaked one.
Haha. The black and red one would probably keep the same head but be a simple palette swap.

Sober said:
They look like crap regardless, even AA's ones. I play at 1280x1024 so it shouldn't scale anyways (just gives it to me letterboxed with no stretching).

No idea how they are gonna handle cutscenes with DLC costumes if he reverts back to default rocksteady Batman (other than skipping them, of course).
If it's Bink, he'll just revert back to his default costume. Which would suck. Half the fun of alternate costumes is seeing them in play in cutscenes.

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
Random thought: Would anyone like to see Rocksteady make a Superman game? lol

I wouldn't actually mind a Justice League game centered around Batman. Like Batman has to rescue and aid the rest of the Justice League.

DatBreh

Banned
I would actually buy those Batman skins but by December i will have had my fill of this game and moved on to Skyrim.

barnone

Coming by to voice my excitement. Been on a decent media blackout. The first one amazed me (a year after it came out on a Steam sale). Rocksteady greatly surprised me with AA.

Can't say I'll be there day one though : / Trying to keep my gaming budget low this holiday and I've decided on SWTOR (winter break!) and Zelda (thanksgiving weekend!). I'm even passing on Battlefield 3 so I can stay focused on college. If I had to pick four for the season AC would be 3 or 4!

Top Bottom