• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

TitusTroy

I don't understand something...I just finished the main story and it says to activate Knightfall Protocol I need to apprehend 2 more of Gotham's Most Wanted...as far as the Most Wanted side missions I completed all of them except for the disarming of bombs and the missing firefighters one...also havn't collected all those Riddler trophies...does this mean all I need to complete is 2 out of those 3 remaining side missions and I don't need to finish the riddler trophy stuff to see the Knightfall ending?

Alright I'm about 50% through the game.. The Batmobile sections seem forced. If they just threw it in there as a some side quests but there is too much of the Batmobile.

Other than that... this game is so good. I have been blind to the game to keep it a surprise but I know where it's going. But these what seems like random moments is awesome. I'm at the point where I just defeated the
Identity Thief
. The story line is bringing back comic book feelings. So far the game has some hiccups but the story is amazing

I don't understand something...I just finished the main story and it says to activate Knightfall Protocol I need to apprehend 2 more of Gotham's Most Wanted...as far as the Most Wanted side missions I completed all of them except for the disarming of bombs and the missing firefighters one...also havn't collected all those Riddler trophies...does this mean all I need to complete is 2 out of those 3 remaining side missions and I don't need to finish the riddler trophy stuff to see the Knightfall ending?

Yup. To get the 'true' ending you need bring in 7 of GMW villians and complete ALL of the Riddler's challenges.

Yup. To get the 'true' ending you need bring in 7 of GMW villians and complete ALL of the Riddler's challenges.

Yeah, he just needs to get the bombs and the firefighters.

I still haven't tested it out myself, but a lot of people have run into a bug (?) that causes you to have to complete all side missions to activate the protocol. Normally, you get the standard ending upon activating the protocol with half of the side missions complete, and then the epilogue for 100%.

Not sure why that happens sometimes, but if it does, the endings are only cutscenes, so there are no unlockables you miss if you don't finish it.

All this month's DLC will be released on the 24th.

CThq6v_UAAAF-Iv.jpg:large

Pretty sure it is going to be Catwoman's Revenge, Robin's Arkham Story (takes place after the main game story) BvS suit, batmobile and tracks. And a bunch of new challenge maps.

All this month's DLC will be released on the 24th.

CThq6v_UAAAF-Iv.jpg:large

Pretty sure it is going to be Catwoman's Revenge, Robin's Arkham Story (takes place after the main game story) BvS suit, batmobile and tracks. And a bunch of new challenge maps.

Character select for Predator Challenge Maps releases that day, too.

Looks like all of the characters can be used in Predator Maps now.

Every character has their own unique set of Medal Challenges like in Arkham City, too. Nice.

delSai

Yo, there are some Arkham Knight avatars up on PSN. Seems like they're free, dunno if it's just for season pass owners or for everyone tho.
Alfred, Batgirl, Batman, Bruce Wayne, Catwoman, Gordon, Lucius, Nightwing, Oracle, Red Hood and Robin.

No Two-Face unfortunately, that's the one i wanted :(

TitusTroy

The latest patch for Batman: Arkham Knight was released today and contains the following updates:

•Fixed a hitch during some game saves
•Fixed a Windows 10 issue causing the game to be unresponsive on launch when the keyboard language was set to Japanese, Japanese Microsoft IME, Korean, Chinese (Traditional) or Chinese (Simplified)
•Fixed minor delay when aiming a gadget when playing with a keyboard and mouse
•Fixed a bug causing full screen movies to play at half the monitor’s refresh rate on some systems
•Fixed players sometimes not being able to counter the Mini-Gun Brute after being spotted when playing as Nightwing or Batman
•Fixed a performance drop that occurred when encountering Man-Bat for the first time
•Fixed some Multi-Monitor specific bugs
•Some improvements to mouse and keyboard bindings
•Improved VRAM management to reduce framerate hitches
•Stability improvements for rare crash issues
•Fixed an issue causing certain types of lights & shadows to render incorrectly
•Fixed an issue causing the game process to occasionally remain running in the background for a period of time
•Fixed the Knightfall Protocol not being able to activate under certain conditions
•Fixed a progression blocker that could occur in Stagg Airships when leaving the predator room after only knocking out one of the guards
•Fixed damage states for Batman’s V8.03 skin in Story Mode after selecting an alternate skin for AR Challenges
•Fixed missing rain effects on several Batman skins (fix for 1970s and Arkham Origins skins coming soon)
•Added support for new DLC releasing on November 24th
•Play as other characters in AR predator challenges

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/128713039396595557

How the fuck do you beat catwomans revenge final fight?

This is some of the cheapest bullshit Ive ever seen. Does the whole floor eventually turn electric? Its impossible to keep a good rhythm going since she will dart across the room on to an electrical pad.

I am keeping a multiplyer up until about the 2nd flood of robots come in and then its impossible.

Still showing they can't make a single proportional head.

Well, they kinda got it right for the '89 costume. Probably had more to do with the fact that the model itself wasn't all that bulky compared to the Origins and TDK skins where the disparity sticks out.

That aside, the skin looks great, though.

Sober

How the fuck do you beat catwomans revenge final fight?

This is some of the cheapest bullshit Ive ever seen. Does the whole floor eventually turn electric? Its impossible to keep a good rhythm going since she will dart across the room on to an electrical pad.

I am keeping a multiplyer up until about the 2nd flood of robots come in and then its impossible.
Just spam the trip attack (A+B / X+Circle) combo and be quick about building up to the next multiplier to fire off another combo. That's the trick I found seemed to work the best.

Jesus, that final encounter in Catwoman's Revenge was not well designed.
No fucking kidding. It's literally the worst thing in any Arkham game, even worse than anything WB Montreal has made... so far.

Why would you make a fight that punishes you for positioning in a game where positioning doesn't matter and frequently changes wildly? Towards the end of my attempts I had resigned myself to just staying in the center and hitting counter when applicable, and even then 90% of my deaths were because I got some overly extravagant counter animation where Selina would hurl herself out of the safe zone.

FYI ya'll, this patch also buffed some DLC characters:

Harley Quinn:
- Critical Strikes
- Extra ballistic and combat armour
- Blade Dodge Takedown
- Special combo boost (can do special combo takedown at X5)

Batgirl:
- Critical Strikes
- Blade Dodge Takedown
- Special combo boost (can do special combo moves at X5)
- Special Combo Disarm + Destroy
- Special Combo Multi-Ground Takedown

Red Hood:
- Critical Strikes
- Blade Dodge Takedown

Note that the critical strikes, on Harley at least I didn't test the rest, are some kind of strange pseudo-crit where your multiplier goes up by 2 but has none of the other properties of a critical strike, like the increased knockdown or damage.

Sober

The thing that sucks now is that Azrael is basically Batman in combat and Batgirl is a low-rent version as well but they also both have less gadgets than Batman, at least for predator maps. Otherwise there is really no discernible difference compared to Batman I could find.

Jesus, that final encounter in Catwoman's Revenge was not well designed.

YES. Who the hell at RS designed that last fight? Why the hell would you design a safe area getting smaller and smaller with the freeflow system being the way it is. Especially with Catwoman, who has the most movement in all her attacks and counters.

I was seriously shocked that they thought that part was fine to put out. First thing I thought after beating the DLC is that Rocksteady's main guys must of started pre-production on their next project. lol.

People have their gripes with the main game, being it too much batmobile or the lack of proper boss fights. But all of that has been properly designed and doesn't fight with the games own mechanics.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Finally got my xbone out of storage after moving late sept and this game has a 3.3gb update? I hope that means it's nice and polished.

kodecraft

YES. Who the hell at RS designed that last fight? Why the hell would you design a safe area getting smaller and smaller with the freeflow system being the way it is. Especially with Catwoman, who has the most movement in all her attacks and counters.

I was seriously shocked that they thought that part was fine to put out. First thing I thought after beating the DLC is that Rocksteady's main guys must of started pre-production on their next project. lol.

People have their gripes with the main game, being it too much batmobile or the lack of proper boss fights. But all of that has been properly designed and doesn't fight with the games own mechanics.

This sooo much!

Fight area gets smaller, combat mechanics are by default on an auto aim type control setup.

You got me back flipping and cartwheeling to random baddies!

The thing that sucks now is that Azrael is basically Batman in combat and Batgirl is a low-rent version as well but they also both have less gadgets than Batman, at least for predator maps. Otherwise there is really no discernible difference compared to Batman I could find.

True, but compared to the other characters aside from maybe Nightwing, they have the some of the best combat options. Disarm and Destroy alone puts Batgirl up there pretty high.

My dearest condolences to anyone who bought that season pass. Seems like it's been nothing but garbage.

Catwoman's sucked and I haven't gotten to the WayneTech racetracks but the rest has honestly been pretty good, though I wouldn't be able to fault someone for thinking maybe there's not enough in it. I find it strange that people are coming into the Arkham Episodes expecting two-hour campaigns and then getting upset when they're... not that? And judging them based entirely on those merits. Red Hood and Harley Quinn have very interesting styles of play.

It's also fairly gross that the game's problem of a dearth of challenge maps is basically only fixed if you're willing to buy the map packs.

But at this point the game has been out so long and the DLC season is almost finished that I'd really just recommend waiting for the inevitable GOTY edition. At that point you won't even notice that at some point this game had practically no challenge maps and you'll have a bevy of neato skins to play with. I guess we'll just have to see how Season of Infamy shakes out, though I'm cautiously optimistic.

SpaceWolf

Banned
So guys, something pretty damn cool happened last night.

I was playing the game on PS4, doing one of the Catwoman AR Challenge Maps before a glitch inexplicably allowed me to travel around the entirety of Gotham City in free-roam. As one of probably like, one of the very few people to play as Selina in freeroam on the Ps4 (I imagine), this afforded me the incredibly rare opportunity to take some Selina pics:

JvTSRbQ.jpg

kdFJEoi.jpg

doQgEGe.jpg

EDIT: Here's the footage.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Got the game and its season pass last night during the Amazon price glitch, I am excited to play it again on PS4. Guess it will have to be the go-to platform for open world games until I upgrade to a 4-6GB VRAM GPU.
How good are the episodes? I've only played the Harley one at launch.
Also, there's three more months of DLC planned, right?

Lima

Season of the Infamy is the last DLC covered by the season pass. December marks the end of the 6 month season pass. I wouldn't expect them to release more content beyond that.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Season of the Infamy is the last DLC covered by the season pass. December marks the end of the 6 month season pass. I wouldn't expect them to release more content beyond that.
Oh, I thought the Season Pass started pumping out content in September, and they said they'd have 6 months worth of content.

The Community Challenge Map pack is supposed to release in January, but yeah, probably not much beyond that.

Drayco21

So guys, something pretty damn cool happened last night.

I was playing the game on PS4, doing one of the Catwoman AR Challenge Maps before a glitch inexplicably allowed me to travel around the entirety of Gotham City in free-roam. As one of probably like, one of the very few people to play as Selina in freeroam on the Ps4 (I imagine), this afforded me the incredibly rare opportunity to take some Selina pics:

EDIT: Here's the footage.

Looks great.

I still can't believe they fucked this up. All I wanted from this game was some Bat-Family action- even if it just meant using them in challenge rooms and being able to freeroam post-game with them. At least they finally patched in one of the two.

Looks great.

I still can't believe they fucked this up. All I wanted from this game was some Bat-Family action- even if it just meant using them in challenge rooms and being able to freeroam post-game with them. At least they finally patched in one of the two.
You weren't able to free roam as the other characters in the rest of the Arkham games either, I don't know why you expected it here.

WhiteWolf

I love this game, but I am really upset there is no NG++ (and beyond) at this point in the series. Is it that hard to implement? Any word that this will be included in a future patch? Or at least the ability to carry over riddler progress between save slots? I don't want to collect every riddler trophy again.

Drayco21

You weren't able to free roam as the other characters in the rest of the Arkham games either, I don't know why you expected it here.

When the last game introduced Catwoman story stuff, Catwoman could free roam. Nightwing and Robin were just challenge room DLC there, and even then, Robin had that story DLC that let you play as him.

Arkham Knight promised to bring all those characters into the story from day one- there's no reason why one shouldn't expect it. Especially since it's obviously doable for most of the cast.

I think at the very least, Robin, Azrael and Catwoman should have at least gotten to free roam since they have traversal abilities that would make it feasible to get around the city ans scale buildings without the Batmobile. IIRC, Rocksteady's excuse was that the extra characters weren't built for traversing a city on the scale of Arkham Knight's interpretation of Gotham. Azrael can do everything Bats can outside of the Batmobile, Robin can at least glide, and Catwoman has her unique whip traversal which makes it easy for her to scale buildings. (I'd say Batgirl since she can glide as well, but I'd imagine she'd be left out for story reasons anyway)

Granted, there really wouldn't be anything to do in the city besides fight random thugs, but it'd be nice, especially since the game already lends itself well to being a great Batman simulator.

Sober

Nightwing has a grappel gun like the other Bat family peeps and besides, you can throw Catwoman off a super high building onto ground level and nothing happens anyway, so it's not like falling really matters here.

Arkham Knight Season Pass is on sale for £25 (£22 with Gold) - is it worth it, or am I better off waiting for another sale?

Wondering the same myself. Is it worth it?

Unless it's the game + the season pass for 22 pounds, then no.

Based on what's been released so far, the last big DLC needs to be really damn good to warrant spending money on it, imo. If you really want the cosmetic stuff, then go for it.

Sober

Unless it's the game + the season pass for 22 pounds, then no.

Based on what's been released so far, the last big DLC needs to be really damn good to warrant spending money on it, imo. If you really want the cosmetic stuff, then go for it.
I imagine that season of infamy is just gonna be like 3 or 4 more supervillains and you end up doing the same mission type or do the same task 3 or 4 times with maybe one that's more different than the rest, and then a boss fight maybe and then some Batmobile dialogue as you cart them back to the GCPD.

Top Bottom