• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Begins batsuit revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
bale.jpg

looks good, but kinda wierd in parts. I wish they would have gone with more of a grey/black color scheme than just straight black. The head/cowl looks kinda bloated. I like how the eyes recess though, makes it look pretty menacing.

Where's the molded nipples? Batman without the overt homoeroticism just doesn't fly, sirs; a dude who dresses like a kevlar bat needs all the camp he can get!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I like it a lotttttttttt.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm sick of this rubber/latex stuff. Just give the man a normal freakin' batsuit. I can't imagine fighting with a rubber chest plate in place, and that's not even counting the times he had to wear a bulletproof vest. How would he fight with that on? :|

bjork

The hat's got to go, or be slimmed down.

I know it's not really feasible with actors, but I always figured Bats to be some totally cut dude in spandex, not in metal looking armor.

Wellington said:
I'm sick of this rubber/latex stuff. Just give the man a normal freakin' batsuit. I can't imagine fighting with a rubber chest plate in place, and that's not even counting the times he had to wear a bulletproof vest. How would he fight with that on? :|

What would that be exacly? The 'normal' batsuit I mean.

What material is it supposed to be(according to Batman history)?

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Wellington said:
Just give the man a normal freakin' batsuit.
I like the leather suit in Tim Burton's Batman movies. Somehow skin tight spandex doesn't look quite right.

I'd take these:
still_30.jpg

batman-10045332.jpg

... over that awful rubber suit any day tho.

WB can't get anything right.

calder

Wellington said:

IAWTP. Is a normal fabric suit too much to ask for? I like the idea of a space-agey fabric with limited bullet-stopping properties but full flexibility (it would make sense for Wayne Industries to have super-advanced fabrics) and maybe a bit of full armor in the chest. All the molded batsuits of the recent movies make it look like Batman couldn't bend enough to kick up past your knee to save his life.

effzee

yeah i would have prefered the non rubber/latex look but it doesnt look that bad.

i also would have liked a yellow bat sign on his chest.

why does batman need to have his abs displayed in rubber? it would make sense if it was just cloth and u can see his abs or something but why on the rubber?

at least it looks more flexible so he wont be that stiff version we saw. should have added a lil gray and blue to it also.

-1 for the molded rubber batsuits. The cowl doesn't seem quite right, either. At there are no nipples, and it's mostly dark.

I also prefer the simpler utility belt of the animated series and the 60's show.

effzee

MonkeyBoy said:
i still say it does not beat the original movie

Kim.jpg

true i like the mask and the top of the original better, even the yello bat logo. but other than that i like the flexibity this offers.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
The new one reminds me of a fancy dress shop's version. A good fancy dress shop, admittedly, but still not film quality.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Newbie said:
I don't get the love for the Burton batsuit, it just doesn't seem like anything special to me
It's a timeless design. Everything is perfect from the details, to the choice of materials, to the finish. Even the fake muscles don't look goofy because they actually look like they've been modelled after a real human being.

Bob White

Fuck the fat head talk. At least the man can move his freaking neck.

I love the first suit in the burton movies. But the whole "look at my stiff ass neck" HAD to go.

Bob White said:
Fuck the fat head talk. At least the man can move his freaking neck.

I love the first suit in the burton movies. But the whole "look at my stiff ass neck" HAD to go.

Yeah, but that excess rubber crap around his neck looks ridiculous. Looks like someone deflated at tire and stuck it on his head.

cybamerc said:
It's a timeless design. Everything is perfect from the details, to the choice of materials, to the finish. Even the fake muscles don't look goofy because they actually look like they've been modelled after a real human being.

That's your opinion. God, I really hate your pretentious attitude. Here and at IGN. Guess what? Not everyone lives in the past.

Alucard

Banned
The more I look at it, the more I like it. The head size doesn't even bother me. I'm sure no one will really care when they see it in the movie since the majority of it will take place at night and we'll likely see more shadows than batsuit.

With cosmetic things like these, people discuss them a lot until the movie comes out. After that, unless the suit is REALLY bad and distracting, it's the movie that counts and not the outfit.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
HalfPastNoon said:
That's your opinion. God, I really hate your pretentious attitude. Here and at IGN. Guess what? Not everyone lives in the past.

He's just replying to someone who wondered why people liked it. So, you know, shut the fuck up.

I loved the bat suits in the first two movies (Batman & Batman Returns).

A few questions i need to ask:

1. In Spider-man 2 movie what the spidey uniform is made of?
2. If using the same fabric material that spidey wears will it work with bat suit?
3. For those of you who don't like seeing bat suit made of rubber or latex stuff,
can someone photoshop the bat suit using the same material that spidey wears. (meaning you can see Tobey Maguire muscles when he wears the spidey outfit)

The more I look at the costume the more I like it, especially the full frontal pic. In the older pics of Keaton and Kilmer, the suits are a little too flamboyant for someone of Batman's character even though I loved them back then. The rippled rubber muscles, the black sheen, and later on the nipples. The Batman Begins batsuit looks subdued and methodically constructed, something I'd expect Batman to do.

And Batman finally has a belt that looks like it could actually hold useful stuff!

Willco

Hollywood Square
Jesus, you people never read. This suit is not made of rubber and it allows Bale to move his neck and body. You'd never be able to crouch like that in the old Bat suits. Really, people.

dem

Willco said:
Jesus, you people never read. This suit is not made of rubber and it allows Bale to move his neck and body. You'd never be able to crouch like that in the old Bat suits. Really, people.

Never read... what?
Its not like theres an article attached to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom