• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bay area gamers: playtest Sly 3 or Ratchet: Deadlocked

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm assuming that's what these 2 games are, judging by the questions. looks like you need to be a kid to test Sly 3 though

Reply to: jcrompt@aol.com

We have two projects we are conducting in Foster City over the next two weeks.

Project A

We are conducting playtest groups next week (August 15-18) in Foster City. We are looking for action game enthusiasts, male and female, ages 8-16, who play games at least four hours per week. Most importantly, we need well-spoken gamers who able to express themselves clearly in a group setting. Please no shy or inarticulate respondents.

This is a 20-hour playtest. Gamers will play over four days, 5 hours each day. The pay is $200. The schedule for each age group is as follows:

Ages 8-12
11:00 AM – 4:00 PM Monday, Aug 15th
11:00 AM – 4:00 PM Tuesday, Aug 16th
11:00 AM – 4:00 PM Wednesday, Aug 17th
11:00 AM – 4:00 PM Thursday, Aug 18th

Ages 13-16
4:00 PM – 9:00 PM Monday, Aug 15th
4:00 PM – 9:00 PM Tuesday, Aug 16th
4:00 PM – 9:00 PM Wednesday, Aug 17th
4:00 PM – 9:00 PM Thursday, Aug 18th

If interested, please reply with your name, age, phone number with area code, email address, system(s) owned and the number of hours you play each week. Also, tell us which of the following console games you own. If you don't own a game, tell us if you have played it for 10+ hours. It’s important to separate the games you own from the games you do not own, but have played 10+ hours.

Sly Cooper
Sly Cooper 2
Jak and Daxter
Jak 2
Jak 3
Ratchet and Clank
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
Tak and the Power of Juju
Tak 2
Super Mario Bros series (please name specific game)
Crash Bandicoot series
The Incredibles
Psychonauts

If you have played Sly Cooper 1 or 2, tell us how far you have gotten in each game. Please be specific.

Project B

This project will take place the week of August 22-28 and is for gamers ages 13-22. This is a 15-20 hour playtest. Gamers will play over 3-4 days, 5 hours each day. The pay varies by group (see below). The schedule for each age group is as follows:

Ages 13-16 ($200 for 20 hours)
11:00 AM – 4:00 PM Monday, Aug 22nd
11:00 AM – 4:00 PM Tuesday, Aug 23rd
11:00 AM – 4:00 PM Wednesday, Aug 24th
11:00 AM – 4:00 PM Thursday, Aug 25th

Ages 17-22 ($220 for 20 hours)
4:00 PM – 9:00 PM Monday, Aug 22nd
4:00 PM – 9:00 PM Tuesday, Aug 23rd
4:00 PM – 9:00 PM Wednesday, Aug 24th
4:00 PM – 9:00 PM Thursday, Aug 25th

Mixed, Ages 13-22 ($160 for 15 hours)
4:00 PM – 9:00 PM Friday, Aug 26th
11:00 AM – 4:00 PM Saturday, Aug 27th
11:00 AM – 4:00 PM Sunday, Aug 28th

If interested, please reply with your name, age, phone number with area code, email address, system(s) owned and the number of hours you play each week. Also, tell us which of the following console games you own. If you don't own a game, tell us if you have played it for 10+ hours. It’s important to separate the games you own from the games you do not own, but have played 10+ hours.

Ratchet and Clank
Jak and Daxter
Jak 2
Jak 3
Sly Cooper
Sly Cooper 2
Psychonauts
The Incredibles
Conker’s Bad Fur Day
SOCOM 1 or 2
Star Wars: Battlefront
Star Wars: Republic Commando
Battlefield series (give specific title)
Rainbow Six series (give specific title)
Project Snowblind
Brute Force
Full Spectrum Warrior
Counter-Strike

If you have played Ratchet and Clank 1, 2 or 3, tell us how far you have gotten in each game. Please be specific.

EARN EXTRA MONEY: If you don't qualify personally, keep in mind that we are paying $10 for each new referral (relatives, friends, classmates, workmates) who qualifies and participates. Make sure the person(s) you refer email all the requested info and mention your name and email address so that you get paid.

Please provide all info requested. Incomplete replies will not be considered. Please respond right away as these groups tend to fill up in the first few days. Thanks!

M3wThr33

Banned
Sly Cooper
Sly Cooper 2
Jak and Daxter
Jak 2
Jak 3
Ratchet and Clank
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
Tak and the Power of Juju
Tak 2
Super Mario Bros series (please name specific game)
Crash Bandicoot series
The Incredibles
Psychonauts

I bolded the ones I own. In a few weeks, I'll add Sly 2, Jak3 and Ratchet3 to the list.

Wow, sit and play a video game for 20 hours over four days and get paid to do so? That has to be THE easiest $220 to make, EVER. I'll go ahead and assume the "Bay Area" you're referring to is San Fransisco...I live in Berkeley...should I go for it, guys? :D

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
WordAssassin said:
Wow, sit and play a video game for 20 hours over four days and get paid to do so? That has to be THE easiest $220 to make, EVER. I'll go ahead and assume the "Bay Area" you're referring to is San Fransisco...I live in Berkeley...should I go for it, guys? :D
Not to mention you only have to be 8 to do it. Can you imagine being 8 years old again and getting to play video games for money? Man, those kids..no point in moving on after that. That's the best day of their life.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
vatstep said:
Not to mention you only have to be 8 to do it. Can you imagine being 8 years old again and getting to play video games for money? Man, those kids..no point in moving on after that. That's the best day of their life.

the last testing i went to, i heard some father forced his kid to go to the playtest and skip school while doing it. probably cashed the money for himself too :lol

Gandara

Foster City? From Berkeley you can get there by going on 880 south and then 92 across the San Mateo Bridge. I live pretty much around the corner from SCEA (which is on Hillsdale Blvd) but I'm too old for this.

Top Bottom