• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony will release Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart for PC in July 26

Draugoth

Gold Member
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart comes to PC July 26, as Nixxes Software collaborates with Insomniac Games to bring the interdimensional adventure to ultrawide screen monitors everywhere.

• No Denuvo
  • Support for 4K, Ultra Widescreen up to 21:9, 32:9 and up to 48:9 resolutions for triple monitor setup.
  • Support for DLSS 3.0, FSR 2.0 and XeSS

Hey everyone, the intergalactic adventurers Ratchet & Clank are making their debut on PC this summer! At Nixxes Software, we are all very excited to announce our next project in collaboration with Insomniac Games.

The Ratchet & Clank franchise recently celebrated its 20th anniversary. We are thrilled and honored to bring this iconic franchise to a new audience. If you haven’t played a game from this series before, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is an excellent one to start with. The game is a visual spectacle that is perfectly suitable for newcomers thanks to a standalone storyline and the introduction of two brand new characters: Rivet & Kit.

We can’t wait for you to meet these intergalactic heroes and start your multidimensional adventure when the game launches on July 26. Today I can share the first details on the PC features for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart that our team has been working on and tell you more about the pre-purchase bonuses.

The PC version of Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart features ray-traced reflections with a variety of quality levels to choose from and newly added ray-traced shadows for natural light in outdoor areas. This enables realistic shadows with natural gradients in softness*.

We know many PC gamers enjoy playing on ultra-wide monitors. For those, we added support for 21:9, 32:9 and up to 48:9 resolutions for triple monitor setups. Both gameplay and cutscenes are optimized for ultra-wide screens. This is possible thanks to our engineers, artists and QA team who have analyzed the game and adjusted all cinematics to ensure compatibility with panoramic aspect ratios.

0d1e0b47fbf50363ae09d24b07c7b865ff9a5790-scaled.jpg

The game supports unlocked framerates and includes the latest performance enhancing upscaling technologies. You’ll be able to choose from NVIDIA DLSS 3, AMD FSR 2, Intel XeSS and Insomniac Games’ Temporal Injection. NVIDIA Reflex and image quality enhancing NVIDIA DLAA are also supported.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart on PC offers full mouse and keyboard support with customizable controls. Controllers are also fully supported, and when using a DualSense controller on a wired connection, you can feel in-game actions coming to life in your hands with haptic feedback and dynamic trigger effects.

12252698af40de4700ad00dbcbb4ecbe15ae20c6-scaled.jpg
e
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart will be available on Steam and in the Epic Games Store, head over there now to Wishlist or pre-purchase the game. If you pre-purchase ahead of launch, you’ll get access to the following in-game items early in your playthrough:

· Pixelizer Weapon

· Carbonox Armor set

89275219e009ef62a2484760c7050f2f782db2f6.jpg

The PC version includes the five armors of the Digital Deluxe Edition and the 20th Anniversary Armor Pack, with another five armors inspired by previous games in the series.

In the coming weeks we will reveal more details about the PC features of Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. Follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on the latest news.

Developed by Insomniac Games, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart was originally released for PS5 in June 2021.

Last edited:

TrebleShot

Will be amazing on a 4090, enjoy if you havent played it before and i will def double dip, sony knows what they are doing.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Insomniac was obviously lying about this stuff. The idea that you put a door animation of some sort (here it is a portal) to hide loading as you go from one defined area to another is hardly new. Obviously the PS5 has more and faster memory than the PS4, so you could put more/more complicated assets in each area as you move between it but it's the same fundamental idea as, I dunno, Soul Reaver on PS1.
I would suggest you wait and see the requirements at least. It's possible that the requirements are SSDs with high end CPUs.

Some of the level switching was simple like you said. They probably stored the data in VRAM and switched back and forth but the setpieces was loading entire levels that even the PS5 SSD couldnt switch immediately and took 2-4 seconds to load while they sent you flying through portals. Now, again some of that you could preload and store in vram, but then you run the risk of making the game inaccessible to everyone with under 8GB of vram.

I am not saying they didnt lie. Lord knows my disappointment with their Spiderman 2 downgrade from the original reveal. I am just saying lets wait and see the specs at least.

X-Wing

Can't wait to see someone test it with an old HDD to see if it really kills the performance (especially when warping between worlds) or if it's all a load of bollocks.
Didn't DF already do that? Not with HDD but with slower SSD's and found a difference in performance? Wasn't that big of a difference and they inferred it could be thanks to the I/O.

Didn't DF already do that? Not with HDD but with slower SSD's and found a difference in performance? Wasn't that big of a difference and they inferred it could be thanks to the I/O.

In all fairness Insomniac did say they weren't saturating the PS5's I/O bandwidth with the game's streaming.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Platinumed it in one weekend and traded it in. Wouldn't play it again.

Wouldn't pick it up tbh unless it was a cheap code.

Last edited:
Considering how shit the showcase was they should have showed this and I'm not even a big fan of this Ratchet and Clank game.

Just played it last week and was throughly underwhelmed. It was good but nothing amazing.

All that said though they still should have put it in the showcase because it would have improved the show

Last edited:
Demon Souls is now the only true PS5 exclusive wow :/

Whatever. I’ll just get a PC next Gen. $550 on the ps5, $550 for my series X? Yeah I’ll just invest ~$1100 on a beast pc and get the next Nintendo console.

That might be the way I end up leaning as well. But, I'd make 100% sure to go Linux if it comes to that.

I would like to get a console, but if I don't have FOMO and they keep bringing all their games to PC, and they get less and less 3P exclusives, you're giving me less and less reason to buy your console.

Crazy that only Nintendo still seems to understand this 😞

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

The game supports unlocked framerates and includes the latest performance enhancing upscaling technologies. You’ll be able to choose from NVIDIA DLSS 3, AMD FSR 2, Intel XeSS and Insomniac Games’ Temporal Injection. NVIDIA Reflex and image quality enhancing NVIDIA DLAA are also supported.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart on PC offers full mouse and keyboard support with customizable controls. Controllers are also fully supported, and when using a DualSense controller on a wired connection, you can feel in-game actions coming to life in your hands with haptic feedback and dynamic trigger effects.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Just watched the PC trailer. The game looks the exact same. The only upgrade is the frame rate, which I personally don't give a single shit about.

Was hoping to see some added particle effects, at least. As well as higher fidelity on a whole. Time to see devs take advantage of that expensive ass hardware. Not just porting games as is, unlocking framerate, and calling that taking advantage of hardware.

As it stands, I see zero enticement to wait 2-3 years for these PC ports just to play them at a higher frame rate. Meaningless ports.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'm actually surprised they haven't done demons souls yet.

Do you think it's more due to Sony saying it wasn't coming?

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Not all of us own a PS5 mush
Well in that case eat your heart out.

But as a PS5 owner, I kind of WANT to be tempted to double dip on some of these games. They could do that by really fleshing out these ports. I want them to shamelessly seduce a graphics whore like me.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG
Several year old platformer which is not exactly a genre PC gamers dig too much.
Add zero marketing on top and I don`t see a scenario where this succeeds.

Several years? It's barely two years old.

It's Jim Ryan ship. Exclusives are jumping from the ship.

Guess that might be smart before the ship crashes and sinks 😞

I'm actually surprised they haven't done demons souls yet.

Do you think it's more due to Sony saying it wasn't coming?

At this point, yep. I still remember in the original reveal trailer "PC" was listed but I bet they would have loved to bring it to PC in 2021 if they thought they could get away with it.

It's more a question of when Demon's Souls is going to PC, not if. And I'm willing to bet it comes to PC this year.

I'm still rather surprised Sony are devaluing their own console this soon. I've gone into detail what "devaluing" in this sense actually means.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I know in the past I said I wouldn't day 1 games, but I got to try and see this in motion and I have to own it. It's a graphical masterpiece and there is a lot of fun under all the visual aesthetic. This is nice news to run into. My only question is will this utilize Direct Storage at any point?

Top Bottom